WCMUT....what cheered me up today

WCMUT was a good run up to the Royal Bath and West Showground (M5 then across through Glastonbury), a good day looking at classic motorbikes and buying a few odds and sods and a good run back (down the Fosse Way and A303).

And seeing Ruth's pussy!!! :D

WCMUT was a good run up to the Royal Bath and West Showground (M5 then across through Glastonbury), a good day looking at classic motorbikes and buying a few odds and sods and a good run back (down the Fosse Way and A303).

And seeing Ruth's pussy!!! :D

:eek:

Blimey! that was some detour :D

Some things are worth it. ;)

My lovely, seriously ill workmate popping in for a couple of hours and dishing out some much needed insults :D
It was good to see him, and nice that despite all he is going through, has retained his sense of humour, says he really only comes
in for the hugs from all the ladies, a miracle would be good (y)

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for him, Ingrid.

Sunshine! Heated the conservatory enough to make it very comfortable out there with no need for any heating. Still bloody chilly on the course this morning but if we do start at sunrise, what do we expect in February?!

Actually it cheered me up yesterday as well :)

The blackbird(s) are collecting nesting materials and appear to be building the nest in our (dense) Aucuba shrub :D

I brought my skis in to work on the underground today. After work I'm off to the mountains for the weekend. Yipee! There is loads of snow and also the promise of sunshine. So I'll have my camera with me. But priority is skiing and not photography.

Last edited:
Top down, heater on full blast!

The only way to travel (y) (1)

PUSSY! (2)
:p

(1) 2 wheels was yesterday evening's chosen mode of transport - no top up option (well, there is the C1 BMW and the Quasar but neither is a convertible!)
(2) I is what I eats!

It's great having a tiny brain. You can get amused by the daftest things.
I downloaded this 1080 Test Card image to my phone. So if anyone asks what I'm intently watching, it's the Test Card!
maxresdefault.jpg

I spend a great chunk of my youth watching this until the programs started. The young kids of today don't know what they're missing. It's even in HD nowadays!

Last edited:
It's great having a tiny brain. You can get amused by the daftest things.
I downloaded this 1080 Test Card image to my phone. So if anyone asks what I'm intently watching, it's the Test Card!
maxresdefault.jpg

I spend a great chunk of my youth watching this until the programs started. The young kids of today don't know what they're missing. It's even in HD nowadays!

Ah! memories of childhood........and what about the good old 'potters wheel' intermission :)

I remember my dad telling me if you watch it long enough she pokes the clown in the eye :/

Getting the K wires removed from my hand that were stabilising my broken thumb and not having to get another cast put on :)

Hand 1.jpg
Just got to go to the Physiotherapist to ensure I get full movement back in it.

Getting the K wires removed from my hand that were stabilising my broken thumb and not having to get another cast put on :)

View attachment 96431
OUCH!!

Last edited:

View attachment 96431

Cool piercing, dood!!! :cool: Well, it would be if that's what it really was. Fingers crossed (no pun originally intended but now I've noticed it, I'm leaving it in!) for a full, swift and relatively painless rehabilitation.

View attachment 96431

Crumbs the wonders of modern orthopaedic hand surgery!

Cool piercing, dood!!! :cool: Well, it would be if that's what it really was. Fingers crossed (no pun originally intended but now I've noticed it, I'm leaving it in!) for a full, swift and relatively painless rehabilitation.
They were definitely piercings, about 3 inches deep piercings in fact [emoji6].

Thankfully they only took a few seconds to take out and it wasn't painful.

WCMUT or at least made me smile.

I was working at a shopping mall and noticed an elderly lady go by towards the exit which was a slight downward slope. She had one of those 4 wheeled shopping trolleys and was repeatedly with some abandon pushing it away from herself much like a 4 year old might do................the wheels must have had a some 'braking' built in as the trolley did not travel far each time. She just kept giving it a push throwing her arms in the air each time :)

She made me smile during an unproductive part of my shift.

They were definitely piercings, about 3 inches deep piercings in fact [emoji6].

Thankfully they only took a few seconds to take out and it wasn't painful.

I can vaguely remember having the staples out after my face peel - IIRC there were 36 holding my scalp together. As you say, not really painful but the anticipation as the nurse started pulling each one out... The biggest problem was a rather overactive imagination thinking that the whole wound would spring open, followed by the triangle of skull and assorted white and grey matter!

Keep up the physio.

I can vaguely remember having the staples out after my face peel - IIRC there were 36 holding my scalp together. As you say, not really painful but the anticipation as the nurse started pulling each one out... The biggest problem was a rather overactive imagination thinking that the whole wound would spring open, followed by the triangle of skull and assorted white and grey matter!

Keep up the physio.

There's a similar dread when staples are removed from an 11inch abdominal incision.
Visions of one's internal organs decorating the consulting room floor. :eek:

There's a similar dread when staples are removed from an 11inch abdominal incision.
Visions of one's internal organs decorating the consulting room floor. :eek:

At least I couldn't see mine! I did have to hold the tray that the nurse was dropping the staples into though.

Microwave time next week. Probably get the letter telling me the results in June! My thoughts are that no news is good news and if they spotted anything ominous, they'd get me back PDQ. (And yes, I do know that an MRI isn't microwaves but it sounds like it when you're lying in the doughnut!)

I think they asked Pink Floyd to do the MRI theme back when they were doing Meddle.

Last edited:
Sounds like roadworks to me!

More boring and less comfortable than sitting in roadworks. Noisier too.

BUT, anything that will help detect any reoccurance (or, even better, detect that there is NO reoccurance!) of Mr Meningioma is worth 1/2 an hour of boredom and discomfort. (Makes mental note to avoid having a curry or other wind inducing food next Wednesday supper or Thursday lunch...)

Just to make it a really fun week, Tuesday will be written off due to my annual Glaucoma check. Luckily, it's only Ocular Hypertension at the moment but they're keeping an eye on it.

Yeah, I spotted the pun just after posting. Would have edited the post but couldn't think of another way to put it!

Back