WCMUT....what cheered me up today

An inside one is even better (y)

TBH, if I could choose just one karzi, it would be the long drop at the Moni Chrisoskatitissa Monastery. This is pretty much the view from the "hot seat". Been a few years since we visited the place but it was still in use when we did (probably about 20 years ago!) And no, I didn't see the golden step that gives the place its name!!!

WCMUT is a letter...

"Dear Mr Nod

I've reviewed your imaging from the 2nd March and I am pleased to be able to tell to there's no evidence of tumour recurrence. I've requested a further scan for a year's time and look forward to updating you at that stage."

Unusual for Mr Haden to have the time to look at the scans so soon - the letter usually arrives while we're away in June! Have to admit that my heart did leap slightly when the letter came so soon but it's settled back don now. :D

WCMUT is a letter...

"Dear Mr Nod

I've reviewed your imaging from the 2nd March and I am pleased to be able to tell to there's no evidence of tumour recurrence. I've requested a further scan for a year's time and look forward to updating you at that stage."

Unusual for Mr Haden to have the time to look at the scans so soon - the letter usually arrives while we're away in June! Have to admit that my heart did leap slightly when the letter came so soon but it's settled back don now. :D

Excellent news!

Reactions: Nod
2 more things today! A friend has had even better news than me - he's got one of the lymphomas (can't remember which and don't want to ask yet again!) but has been in remission for 3 years now. Lucky bugger has more hair and is less grey than me despite (or maybe because of) several courses of chemo and a 13 year old son! The other thing was getting down into AND back up out of a Smart Coupé. Shame it had a rather off-putting clunk as it pulled away as well as a recalcitrant roof - would have been a great toy for the summer. Now I know I can do the in/out, I might have a proper look for a good one.

Getting my car cleaned and polished for the 1st time since last summer.

Tried out DriveNow today. Pay per minute car rental. So we had a Mini Cabrio for 30mins to pick up the beers.
I left it parked in front of the house. And now it's gone! Spooky. IMG_20170325_182209~01.jpg
Daughter was impressed.

Last edited:
After weeks of trying to contact the right people hoping to get a new job in a company, I just received an email sent at 7.15pm on a Saturday evening from the big boss himself! Hooray!

But he wants to call to talk to me, just when I'll be up a mountain skiing. Oh well..

WCMUTW? SUNSHINE!!! Meant I could get a few miles under the Bonnie's wheels on dry roads. The heavy rain over the past few weeks seems to have washed most of the loose grit off the carriageway too.

20° and evening sunshine here.
_20170326_173336.JPG
View from our chalet in the Italian mountains. It looks like it's going to be fun.

Last edited:
Lovely as they all are ........................... someone please stop the world, I wanna get off! :exit:
My daughter has always said, "I'm not having kids, they may turn out like my brother"
:D

Cutting, very cutting :D

I'm looking forward to not having a sister.

After weeks of trying to contact the right people hoping to get a new job in a company, I just received an email sent at 7.15pm on a Saturday evening from the big boss himself! Hooray!

But he wants to call to talk to me, just when I'll be up a mountain skiing. Oh well..

If he thinks you are potentially that good a fit in his company he will understand......and talk to when you are free to talk. Best of luck :)

WCMUT was a nice ride along the coast road to Lyme Regis for lunch. Seeing a trio of McLarens (? photo shoot ?), a Dino and several other semi-exotic toys out and about was good too. Bike parking at Lyme was packed solid!

Getting these bad boys out of the oven :)

swirls_zpsydobhxxb.jpg

Tried a new recipe this evening and it was yummy!

Pork loin steaks with ginger & pearl barley in case anyone's interested.

Souvlaki! Was like being back in Greece. Totally made up for being at a garden centre. :D

Viewing my images on screen from the new 5D3 from a big Cycle race this morning, after reading and re-reading the chapters on focus options etc...
Maybe some of it did sink in!

Back