WCMUT....what cheered me up today

WCM(us)U......for the past three days was the Robin accompanying our gardening efforts. He/she would perch approx 3feet from where we were working and fly in quickly to grab worms etc off of the piles of excavated soil. Made us smile and it was a delight to see and enjoy it's presence :)

PS the gardening efforts were all to do with replanting part of our hedge......with Portuguese Laurel, this whole thing added a freisance of WAMT ! Some of the holes for the rootball plants were difficult to dig due finding building rubble that consisted of builders sand, lumps of concrete & pieces of brick.....from when the houses were built in the early 70's :(

Unfortunately, that's pretty standard for '70s builds (and more recent!) - 6" of indifferent topsoil over all the crap the developers didn't want to pay to dispose of.

After my prostate cancer diagnosis 3 days ago https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/the-prostate-cancer-club.749306/page-2#post-9417537 at least this morning at 0041 we have welcomed

408237326_10226007212619672_200877793352265937_n.jpg

Our first grandchild, 7lb 1oz, a wee girl called Aoife

Excellent news ;)

Got my extra £10 pension, well £8 after tax.
Decisions, decisions, what to splash out on?

Well, for the first time in over 20 years, I put a Christmas tree up. Living alone I don't normally bother too much with Christmas, but decided this year I'll do it proper, Tree, Food, Booze, Treats, and I'm even going to put the heating on all day long. :ROFLMAO:

tree.jpg

Comfort food again, bacon sandwich with fried mushrooms and butter. First time I've ever put mushrooms in a sandwich. :p

Comfort food again, bacon sandwich with fried mushrooms and butter. First time I've ever put mushrooms in a sandwich. :p
You can't beat a bacon sarnie with fried field .mushrooms. welcome to the club, what took you so long? :D

We went to a memorial service this evening. I couldn't have picked better songs for me and the singer was very good indeed.

You can't beat a bacon sarnie with fried field .mushrooms. welcome to the club, what took you so long? :D

Mushrooms are a treat here, as I'm the only one that eats them. I fancied some on Wednesday night, bought some and had the remainder for lunch yesterday.

First time I've had them in a sandwich, I'd never thought of it before.

Back in the day, near where I lived in Wales was a disused quarry. I would pick wild mushrooms there every year. I had to be careful though as some of them were of the magic kind. My Dad would check every single one before cooking them (the non magic ones) for me on my return home, with bacon and butter. Bought mushrooms are nice but there is something about a freshly picked, wild mushroom.

To be honest, I knew they were there but I never knowingly came across the magic kind.

Last edited:
While I like a nice fried mushroom or ten, the food of the gods is a slightly runny fried egg with two slices of slightly soft fried bacon and the whole lovingly placed between two pieces of well buttered sliced white bread.

It's what makes us British, rather than bap eating Eoropeans...

Woman eating filled roll in bakeri Innsbruck Austria NIK_0916.JPG

:naughty: :exit:

Last edited:
While I like a nice fried mushroom or ten, the food of the gods is a slightly runny fried egg with two slices of slightly soft fried bacon and the whole lovingly placed between two pieces of well buttered sliced white bread.

It's what makes us British, rather than bap eating Eoropeans...

View attachment 408633

:naughty: :exit:
After years of yolk on my chin or running down my arms I've taken to flipping my sandwitch eggs over.
I hope people will still talk to me.

Eggs, especially runny ones.................... :runaway:

Don't mind them scrambled or in an omelette though.

Eggs, especially runny ones.................... :runaway:
Eggs must be runny, especially in an egg and bacon sarnie, when it pops it soaks into the bread,(of course it goes down your front too :D )

In town this morning there were a couple of men from Ecuador, busking dressed in traditional garb and playing pipes. they were very good :D

Much as I love almost all food (tofu isn't food!!!), I can't keep eggs down. It's not an intolerance - I'm fine with mayo, meringue and egg fried rice but an egg, as in boiled, fried, scrambled etc. just bounces! Or did, the last time I tried to eat one. Shame, because the idea of them really appeals!

WCMUT was a delicious lunch at Otterton Mill - even the rather extended walk there and back from Budleigh Salterton was enjoyable and we went over the new bridge for the first time. Spotting a kingfisher was a nice bonus too.

All the help and advice offered on this site when Mrs WW's phone saved some pictures as heic rather than jpeg and I couldn't open them on my pc.

Much as I love almost all food (tofu isn't food!!!), I can't keep eggs down. It's not an intolerance - I'm fine with mayo, meringue and egg fried rice but an egg, as in boiled, fried, scrambled etc. just bounces! Or did, the last time I tried to eat one. Shame, because the idea of them really appeals!

WCMUT was a delicious lunch at Otterton Mill - even the rather extended walk there and back from Budleigh Salterton was enjoyable and we went over the new bridge for the first time. Spotting a kingfisher was a nice bonus too.

That's interesting re eggs. I see you say it's not egg intolerance but it might be according to this. What you can eat 'contains' egg and you say it isn't affecting you but egg per se..if I can put it like that is a problem .The symptoms are listed https://www.verywellhealth.com/egg-... is a digestive,to struggle their entire life.

The lunchtime outing sounds very enjoyable..and a kingfisher sighting, too.

My daughter gave me a large hint, for my grandson's Xmas pressie.
I saved 20 quid by getting it from Argos, over Amazon, and it was delivered the same day.
Ok that cost me a fiver, but I can live with that.

We always have music on when we have Sunday dinner and today I asked Alexa to play "ABBA'. Alexa said "Playing ABBA and similar songs" We heard quite a few we have never heard before, some really good ones. We did get a few of the well known ones too and a couple of the others were ballard-like. Worth a listen.

At church today we had a "hymn" to the tune of "Is this the way to Amarillo."

I'll have to try and check which came first :D

WCMUT?
Amazon, for a change,
that's twice now in the last couple of months, that I went to return a low value item, ( about a fiver)
And I got the refund, with a "no need to return this" That saved me a trip to the local shop.
I guess it may cost them more to have it collected by Evri than the value of the item.

I guess it may cost them more to have it collected by Evri than the value of the item.
That must be it.

I was told to keep an emergency car booster pack that didn't want to work, which was a lot more than £5. We used to have a repair charity in Exeter (seems to have moved) and I gave it to them. With any luck, someone's using it now.

WCMUT?
Amazon, for a change,
that's twice now in the last couple of months, that I went to return a low value item, ( about a fiver)
And I got the refund, with a "no need to return this" That saved me a trip to the local shop.
Not just low cost items, last year I bought a air fryer which was to my knowledge not delivered so they said they would send a replacement, later that day I was expecting a delivery from them so was watching out for them and saw the van drive up and park outside me but no knock at the door so I went out to the delivery person and asked if they had the delivery I was waiting on they said they had just delivered it to the house round the corner not even the same road, asked him if he delivered to them yesterday as well and low and behold he had so he had delivered both my items to the wrong address luckily I got them both and on informing amazon that I had found the air fryer and explaining the circumstances they told me it was to late to cancel the replacement and just to keep the other one as well.

I had found the air fryer and explaining the circumstances they told me it was to late to cancel the replacement and just to keep the other one as well.
That was a result.
But FFS! what are some of these drivers on?

That was a result.
But FFS! what are some of these drivers on?
Can you guess what the daughters crimbo present was that year. :ROFLMAO:

WCMUT has been a few things!

To start with, I arranged a medical scan for next Wednesday a week or so ago but got a phone call this morning, offering me a cancellation for today - Yes, please!!!
Arrived very early but they were ready so had me in straight away - I was out before my appointment time!
Possibly most importantly, the scan came back as all clear.
Since we were on the far side of town, we decided to carry on a few miles and have lunch.
Which (for me) was Gilt Head Sea Bream - possibly my favourite table fish.
From lunch, we headed a few miles West(ish) and had a celebratory ice cream while looking at the sea (you MUST have ice cream when you're at the seaside!!!)
And it was just warm enough to have the top down (with the heater up a notch.)

A haircut and beard trim always cheers me up for some reason. Slightly less wild man of Borneo now!

A fine Solstice meal.

And that the days will soon start to be noticeably longer.

Fine by me!

WCMUT ? My five year old grandson's one liners. Taking him home, he was dozing in his car seat. My missus suddenly said to him, excitedly, "We're passing the bus garage soon." (he likes buses) Without moving a muscle or opening his eyes, he just said "I'm asleep!" I don't get away with that one at home!

Back