Wedding one Lens

hi Pradeep it seems you didn't read my post the lens you quoted is no where near the lenses being quoted in some of the posts, my point is he has spent 2-300 hundred pounds on a body and is now being advised to spend 1-1and 1/2 thousand pounds on a lens it makes no sense

I was actually recommending the 35L so it's near the grand mark haha! But yh maybe if the OP mentioned budget they would get a more reasoned response. Otherwise we'll all just carry on recommending our fave lenses. :)

Why is investing in a lens "no sense" if someone is doing wedding photography then they should be investing...
Or even...
Hi All,

Only just joined and will be attending a lot of weddings as a guest. I am just wanting to get some nice photos every now and again nothing arranged more as if you was a guest.

If you had one Lens what would it be?

Why are people talking about a business decision, when the OP wants a lens to take to weddings as a guest :thinking:

Fair point, I suppose the presumption jumps when someone asks which lens you'd choose, I immediately jumped into my own frame of mine rather than the ops

I'll change my answer then, 24-120 :)

Fair point, I suppose the presumption jumps when someone asks which lens you'd choose, I immediately jumped into my own frame of mine rather than the ops

I'll change my answer then, 24-120 :)
A Nikon FF lens for a Canon crop? :D

I'll stop now ;)

Don't canon do a 24-120 L? :) I'm sure I used one at the studio I used to work at

Oh yeah, that's the one, I stand by it being wide enough however, inexperienced wedding shooters in my experience don't have the confidence to take advantage of wider focal length by getting close, the 50mm ish upwards of the 24 with the flexibility of the stabilisation and longer length at the other end for compression and fuzzy background shots mean it's the lens I'd suggest for the op

Why is investing in a lens "no sense" if someone is doing wedding photography then they should be investing.

No sense to me is presuming things like what the op meant to ask, everyone has just answered the question as they understood it

Nothing wrong with that imho
the op wants to take some happy snaps at some weddings he will be attending no mention of requiring a pro lens for later sorry i stand by my comment "makes no sense". i'm out on this one :D

the op wants to take some happy snaps at some weddings he will be attending no mention of requiring a pro lens for later sorry i stand by my comment "makes no sense". i'm out on this one :D
I think like me you've not been keeping up with the thread ;)

Ideal lens would be 10-400 F1.8 - now if someone would just make it :p

might be a bit big and heavy for a wedding though :p

Or even...

Why are people talking about a business decision, when the OP wants a lens to take to weddings as a guest :thinking:

or even why are people talking about what the OP wants at all, given he hasnt been back to the thread and hasny been on the forum at all since august last year

Back