Wedding Photographer hasn't delivered photos two years on....

Edit My Images
No
Hi guys,

Just after advice for a friend of the family. She hired a wedding photographer/videographer for her wedding two years ago this March, but she hasn't received her photographs or had any replies to her messages and phonecalls to the company. As far as we know, they are still operating under the same business name, but to take this through a small claims court she needs the address of the company which, she doesn't have as the letters she has sent them via Special Delivery have been returned back to her unopened. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Moey.

You can do a free search of company house to see if the company is registered there, it will give the details of both the company and directors addresses etc, it also lists whether a company has gone out of business.

Worth a try

Have you looked on streetview to see what the premises is? Also look up the website on whois it sometimes pulls up a home address. Personally I'd have gone around long ago for a chat.

The new enquiry is a good idea. I had a problem with a camera not turning up a couple of years ago. They never answered my phone calls or emails. I threatened to take them to small claims but they never answered. Wasnt until a friend sent an email about a camera they had...they phoned back the next day! I got my refund

I believe companies house only lists limited companies, and not other forms of company.

It shouldn't be too difficult to find an address. Returned letters can either be because the address is incorrect, or they are refusing to sign for them, possibly by checking if there is a senders name on the envelope.

Posing as a new customer, especially if a face to face meeting can be arranged would likely to be the best bet, and if its at their premises, take a thermos flask and a toothbrush.

judging by the attitude of the photo /video guy , he`s probably gone out of business. the small claims court is probably your only options. if you have any contact details you may have a chance. I hope you do get them

Was it a company or a sole trader? Does she have the company number which should be on their stationery? Has she paid anything? Why left so late?

he`s probably gone out of business. the small claims court is probably your only options.

if that is the case then you may well get stuck with a bit of paper. Having. a judgement from the Country Court is not the same as having payment.

OP I realise its unlikely but is the photographer waiting for something from your friend? Or is there some reason you know of why the photos haven't been delivered

Go round to their last known address and see if they're still trading from there, or get someone to go on your behalf if you'd rather not do this yourself. Take it from there.

As others said, all they do is refuse the mail and it bounces back.

It doesn't mean that is not their address.

This story really highlights why it is much better to hire the local tog who is well known in the community.

Sounds like these are rouge traders and probably pretended to be a pro tog on the day.

Confirm the whereabouts of the person.............and send the boys round! :bat:

Meanwhile in the real world.

Years ago and before social media and the like I managed to track down a problem disappearing tradesman's family and got contact that way and it must be easier these days.

If the op has an address then surely that's the starting point but if not it may well be possible to track them down through social media / the net or more traditional methods or by, as has been suggested, having someone make a fresh enquiry.

If / when any face to face or other contact is made for Gosh sake be adult, reasonable and calm but also firm and committed to getting a result.

If not flame the hell out of them.

Hi guys,

Just after advice for a friend of the family. She hired a wedding photographer/videographer for her wedding two years ago this March, but she hasn't received her photographs or had any replies to her messages and phonecalls to the company. As far as we know, they are still operating under the same business name, but to take this through a small claims court she needs the address of the company which, she doesn't have as the letters she has sent them via Special Delivery have been returned back to her unopened. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Moey.

Name and shame!

You can do a free search of company house to see if the company is registered there, it will give the details of both the company and directors addresses etc, it also lists whether a company has gone out of business.
Worth a try
I did this for her and found that the company still exists, it seems that their latest accounts were done in December last year. They have changed their business address on a few occasions though during the time they have been trading.

Have you looked on streetview to see what the premises is? Also look up the website on whois it sometimes pulls up a home address. Personally I'd have gone around long ago for a chat.
The streetview pulled up a house on the latest address that is listed on Company House. I agree, it should have been sorted ages ago.

whats the website or company name?

The company name is (REMOVED) and they are based in Birmingham.

As above - start with Whois, streetview (unlikely to be a limited company so companies house isn't a likely winner).

If that fails - try a new enquiry for a wedding next year - then arrange a meeting to discuss your needs

The new wedding enquiry is something that I'm looking at on their behalf.

Was it a company or a sole trader? Does she have the company number which should be on their stationery? Has she paid anything? Why left so late?

I'm not sure on the above, aside from the payment, she paid in full prior to the wedding as requested by them. So, they have got the money and the photos (I'm assuming the latter).

if that is the case then you may well get stuck with a bit of paper. Having. a judgement from the Country Court is not the same as having payment.

OP I realise its unlikely but is the photographer waiting for something from your friend? Or is there some reason you know of why the photos haven't been delivered

Everything has been paid off prior to the wedding day as requested by them, she waited about three months initially and got in touch at which point, they told her that they were still working on the photos/video etc... then the wait just carried on, they wouldn't answer phone calls or reply to emails.

Go round to their last known address and see if they're still trading from there, or get someone to go on your behalf if you'd rather not do this yourself. Take it from there.

Yes, this is something we are also considering.

As others said, all they do is refuse the mail and it bounces back.

It doesn't mean that is not their address.

This story really highlights why it is much better to hire the local tog who is well known in the community.

Sounds like these are rouge traders and probably pretended to be a pro tog on the day.

As I cover weddings myself, I did suggest that it would be better to have someone local, considering she is from Yorkshire and the company is from Birmingham. However, I didn't push that too much as it seemed as though her mind was already made up. I did offer to cover it for them, but they wanted me as a guest, so I chilled out and enjoyed the food instead.

Last edited:
Have you considered they've had some malfunction on the day, and don't have any pictures ?

I've get the feeling this may be what's happened and they don't want to admit it.

Dougie.

Yes, I did think that, but they should have the decency to be upfront and refund the money.
Have you considered they've had some malfunction on the day, and don't have any pictures ?

I've get the feeling this may be what's happened and they don't want to admit it.

Dougie.

Yes, I did think that, but they should have the decency to be upfront and refund the money.

If they're a small (i.e. just one man) they may be scared to admit they've screwed up.

Just had a quick look at their instagram feed. :oops: :$ I reckon they HAVE screwed up if that's the quality of work they're producing 2 years on, never mind all the languages they list.

Fill in the forms on money claim online, you do have the address via companies house, as well as the directors addresses, sit back and wait, has your friend been all over thei companies Facebook, twitter linkedin pages telling the world how they have been treated ? social media is a strong motivator. Personally I think your friend hasn't done enough to resolve this?

Last edited:
Serve notice on the registered office which is listed on the Companies House Beta website.

Also consider giving negative feedback on social media.

Last edited:
Everything has been paid off prior to the wedding day as requested by them, she waited about three months initially and got in touch at which point, they told her that they were still working on the photos/video etc... then the wait just carried on, they wouldn't answer phone calls or reply to emails.

Fair enough. I just wondered. Really I did want to point out court isn't the easy or guaranteed option many think it is.How much money (roughly`) are we talking about

Fair enough. I just wondered. Really I did want to point out court isn't the easy or guaranteed option many think it is.How much money (roughly`) are we talking about
Going to court couldn't be any easier, fill in a form pay your fee, job done, sure there's no guarantee you will get your cash, but a CCJ against them makes you feel better :)

Going to court couldn't be any easier, fill in a form pay your fee, job done, sure there's no guarantee you will get your cash, but a CCJ against them makes you feel better :)

yep, until they decide to defend it. In which case county court becomes a long drawn out, somewhat tedious process (as I'm sure you know really).

Last edited:
I don't understand why she waited for 2 years before chasing the company up, seems very strange to me.. I would send a recorded letter stating that if the photos went delivered within "X" amount of time then I would proceed with legal action for obtaining money by deception. That is a criminal offence and the police should get involved. Of course all paper work would be needed such as receipt for payment - agreed contract etc

Yes, two years is a long time, I agree. She did send three letters via Special Delivery to three addresses which happened to be Units, but the letters came back, unopened.
I don't understand why she waited for 2 years before chasing the company up, seems very strange to me.. I would send a recorded letter stating that if the photos went delivered within "X" amount of time then I would proceed with legal action for obtaining money by deception. That is a criminal offence and the police should get involved. Of course all paper work would be needed such as receipt for payment - agreed contract etc

She paid £2000, part card, part cash payment. I was shocked when we popped over at the weekend and she told us what had happened. We attended the wedding and my other half mentioned about the wedding photos as I think she wanted to see them.

If part was paid with a credit card she may be able to claim against the card provider as she has not received the goods.

Personally I wouldn’t get involved with this especially if you are shooting weddings yourself.

It is so easy these days to do a quick google search find someone’s details then pester the life out of them especially if they have a business with an online profile. Nothing to stop this guy damaging your online business reputation if you get involved.

Sure it’s okay to offer them advice but leave setting up fake meetings etc to them to sort out.

To be honest something seems not quite right here the couple letting this go on on for two years seems incredible really and sets some alarm bells ringing.

People often don’t tell all of the truth even to their friends, always the chance they haven’t told you everything. perhaps they didn’t make full payment and that is why there images have been withheld but they don’t want to tell their friends that.

If the company they used is still trading 2 years later it’s unlikely that they are some sort of scammer as they would have been found out long before now.

The best course of action would be to advise your friend to go speak to a solicitor and get proper legal advice on how to proceed.

I would also remove their details you have posted here as could be potentially considered as libellous if they where to come across it which could well happen as this thread will eventually pop up in google when you search the company name.

Last edited:
If part was paid with a credit card she may be able to claim against the card provider as she has not received the goods.

I stand to be corrected and to learn but I thought that, is it section 75 protection?, that provided the cost is >£100 and at least £100 is paid by card the whole value (card plus cash) is claimable........though 2 years on I wonder if there is a time of claim limitation???

Dougie.

Probably is.. But it doesn't really matter why..... They arn't getting the pictures and at the minimum should be refunded if not compensated...

She paid £2000, part card, part cash payment. I was shocked when we popped over at the weekend and she told us what had happened. We attended the wedding and my other half mentioned about the wedding photos as I think she wanted to see them.

Thats good whack of cash

I stand to be corrected and to learn but I thought that, is it section 75 protection?, that provided the cost is >£100 and at least £100 is paid by card the whole value (card plus cash) is claimable........though 2 years on I wonder if there is a time of claim limitation???

I think you are you correct. There is no time limit although the statute of limitations ie 6 years probably applies. There is guidance on the Martin Lewis website and elsewhere which will help with a claim. The OP’s friend has already tried to contact the supplier, which will help.

Probably much less hassle claiming against the credit card company than going through the small claims court, which as mentioned above may result in difficulty getting settlement even if she wins.

Nothing to lose.

I think you are you correct. There is no time limit although the statute of limitations ie 6 years probably applies. There is guidance on the Martin Lewis website and elsewhere which will help with a claim. The OP’s friend has already tried to contact the supplier, which will help.

Probably much less hassle claiming against the credit card company than going through the small claims court, which as mentioned above may result in difficulty getting settlement even if she wins.

Nothing to lose.
Yes, as I understood it a claim through the credit card route is supposed to be straightforward.

Though it would (sadly?) not yield the pictures etc...... but at least result in a satisfactory fiscal result?

Sound then out.
If they have taken the monies and have not produced the goods, are still in business, then thst is tantamount to thievery.
A f2f discussion is clearly the only way this is going to be resolved as they refuse to accept letters. I'm sure it is the same if they were called....

If that fails then courts are an option.
Surely they are savvy enough not to want to go through that.

It makes my pi$$ boil when I hear about people taking advantage and are not pulled up on it.

I've been informed this evening that the card was a debit card, not credit unfortunately. I can clearly see there have been a few naive errors on her part.

if they have a facebook page , hit them on that with negative comments. this could damage them and use any other social media you can. im attacking a company on facebook by putting negative comments on every post they are not liking it very much. I have just wasted 5 hours of there online chat and I am prepare to waste a lot more of there time till I get what I want

if they have a facebook page , hit them on that with negative comments. this could damage them and use any other social media you can. im attacking a company on facebook by putting negative comments on every post they are not liking it very much. I have just wasted 5 hours of there online chat and I am prepare to waste a lot more of there time till I get what I want
I did this with Toyota when one of their main dealers tried to screw me over. Very effective. Nothing better than making them wash their dirty laundry in public.

Back