Wedding Photography Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I cant be a member of a forum that condones substandard work
I will make this easy and simply move on
I am shocked that people in here think its ok to deliver this rubbish to a client
No wonder the industry is in such a state
Mods please close my account .....

sorry if I dont subscribe to the cooing over sub standard work brigade
I used it to highlight the vast difference between work
if thats an offence so be it I'll take the ban but I will stand by my comment

It's not cooing over sub standard work. George does not make any claim whatsoever that this is "work" There is a difference and you would do well to learn that if you are going to frequent a forum used by us mere amateurs.

I can see that the masking is not particularly good. A better appoach would be to suggest a way of improving it!

I'm sorry to see fit to leave Starman, you would have had a lot to offer us here if only you had chosen to share it.

:wave: Bye Starman :wave:

Please close the door gently on your way out ;)

You won't be missed :thumbsdown:

I am shocked that people in here think its ok to deliver this rubbish to a client

Such a shame, you were a pillar of the forum community, an endless fountain of priceless advice. What fools we all are for letting you slip though our fingers.

Good riddance to a complete self righteous ponce.

George,
Don't let comments like this put you off.
When he commented on mine it made me feel like crap but a few words from people on here got me back on track again.

Hope this doesn't put you off!

George I think you've done brilliantly for a first effort. Good on you! And Yah boo sucks to all those detractors. :)

I hope you go on to be the top wedding photographer in the country to prove them all wrong. We should be encouraging the youngsters!!

this forum is a place to help people with photography, we have many pros here who gladly give free time to help and advise keen togs, they do so CONSTRUCTIVELY and HELPFULLY, 2 words you could do with looking up.

oh and we dont close accounts.

You don't have to "coo" over work you don't like at all. You could actually try to critique in a way thats at least semi-friendly and slightly helpful though?
Or is being decent and having manners too draining on your energy? ;)

You don't have to "coo" over work you don't like at all. You could actually try to critique in a way thats at least semi-friendly and slightly helpful though?
Or is being decent and having manners too draining on your energy? ;)

How did I miss all this until now? Oh yes, that wedding phobia of mine. Starman may claim to be a pro, but as I stated when asked in another thread, the only difference between a pro and an amateur, is that one of them gets paid for it! His comments and attitude were about as far removed from professional as I have had the displeasure of seeing on this forum ever.

However, george, very well done, your pictures are very nice efforts for a first go and ultimately as long as the two important people are happy with them, thats all that matters, not the 'head stuck in his own orifice' opinion of one hacked off wedding hack (y)

Feel a little bit responsible for this as I brought the thread back into the limelight :(

George, I think the shots you have taken are really nice and I hope that you don't listen to that [removed] Starman... I see he has not posted a single shot :razz:

I would still like an attempt at playing with your shots - I am impressed with your work!

God that guy has really got my back up, sorry, I'll respond later when I have calmed down a bit! :bang:

BTW has anybody checked the IP address and details of starman? That few posts and only popping up to troll posts about weddings smells of fish to me.

Anyway...

GF, you did well,

okay, the results may not be as polished as someone who's been doing it for 20 years but we all have to start somewhere and provided you are happy and the clients are happy then nothing else matters.

starman has been banned, disruptive and rude behaviour will not be tolerated at all, valid points are welcome, but just being rude for the hell of it will not.

Ive checked his IP, he isnt the usual suspect.

I think the dress shot is ok, but let's see more from the wedding please George.

Papalazarou is getting a couple of hours off the pitch, hopefully this sends a message to some of the users who think its ok to be rude and generally disruptive. This is a help site, not a flame site or smackdown forum.

I don't condone rudeness, but there have been some pretty nasty comments all round after Starman left. It's also a clique site with a distinct anti-pro bias unfortunately so not leaving yourselves open for good pro advice. A lot of the advice given on the site that I've read is just wrong or ineffectual too. Pity.

OK so does that mean it was him? or is this delayed punishment? :shrug:

Hi awp,
I don't think this site is anti pro at all....
I have seen a few pro togs (including PapaLazarou & starman) get a bit of a bashing from some none pro's but in every case it has been after they have been judgmental or condescending towards someone else.

I have no idea why anyone would be anti pro, you guys have "mastered" your trade and are making a living from it, any advice you offer that gets me to the same place would be gratefully received.

I don't condone rudeness, but there have been some pretty nasty comments all round after Starman left. It's also a clique site with a distinct anti-pro bias unfortunately so not leaving yourselves open for good pro advice. A lot of the advice given on the site that I've read is just wrong or ineffectual too. Pity.

All comments toward Starman were justified.

Clique site? Anti pro bias? With all due respect, how do you arrive at this conclusion?
For one there is no proof that Starman was even a photographer in the first place!

There is no proof that anyone is who they say they are on a forum!
I'm happy to give advice when I can if it's asked for most of the time.

Please, everyone, please!!! What is going on???

Let's not argue, fight or pick...

This is a Photography Forum, where we all talk about photography, we constructively critique each others work, we enjoy what we do, we capture light in different ways, we are interested in what we do and we do it because we love it.

Lets go from there - Pro Togs / Amateur Togs / First Time Togs, we can all learn off each other... Together we can be one UBER TOG! :clap:

Lets learn from Starman, if you have something to say about someones work, then do it in a constructive, non-aggressive way, I love having people critique my work, good or bad, its one big learning process!

Damn, got a meeting now!

I LOVE YOU ALL, LETS GROUP HUM :love:

(Oops, should of been group hug, but I'll leave it at Hum as it could be interesting!)

continued agression! :(

Please dont say that, ask anyone on here that knows me, they will tell you I am not an aggressive person, and I never mean any harm with my posts.

I apologise, my post didnt come across the way I intented, but please dont make a sweeping generalisation :(

I dont agree.

This site does not have an Anti-Pro bias or agenda. We value the pro members we have who give us time and advice for free, some of our pro members have shots regularly in national press, or are time served togs with years of experience. We dont want people who have an agenda against pros or non-pros.
Unhelpful and antaganistic comments directed at a member for posting a shot for critique isnt on. There are lots of ways of being constructive with critism, being rude isnt one of them. Some posts made about starman have been edited or removed by sitestaff, so thats not a fair criticism to level at us either.

If you see wrong advice, then post to correct it, if you see a post you think is rude or bias, report it, we cant read everything so sometimes help is required.

ok

everyone has an opinion on how good a photo is or isn`t . it`s called choice .

if you post a photo you have to be ready to be shot down . if not don`t post it . however there are ways to do this .
one don`t comment there by giving your opinion with silence, or simply say sorry it dosn`t work for me .
or how about advice on how to improve .
The most important thing is if the people you do the work for are happy .
Can someone please tell me what a pro is.
is it someone who has letters after his/her name
or someone who has been paid for work done.

has a pro ever had work go wrong if so are they no longer pro`s .
i have done a few weddings now . and i`m not a pro .
this started when my neighbor's had a PRO shoot there wedding . 3 years ago . i shot some as candids , and A good job i did because they never even received the photo`s from the pro they had chosen.
Her brother asked if i could do there wedding . they were happy and showed people the album . i have picked up 3 bookings from that one wedding , because they liked the style i use .others might hat it . so am i now cr*p
i tell people if they want Angles floating over there heads then ask someone else .
Armature vrs pro

my dad once asked what can an Armature artist charge
Answer there is no such thing .. if someone likes what you do they will pay .

As for photography it is knowing your camera and other gear . have backup`s to cover what might breakdown . i have seen the work of a pro on here and his gallery and his photo`s are good but don`t blow me away . someone else might look and say wow .
he clearly loves his work himself by comments left for armatures .

it is a shame to see someone leave who could offer more than just harsh comments .

Rog ( Armature ) that want`s to get better and better (y)

I'm hummin!

I also have to go do some work!

the term pro has too many different meanings, from paid work to qualified. the end of the day, because of the confusion over the term, the term now means nothing. so it has just becomes a sales aid for the tog and makes him sound better than the bloke down the road

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuum along...

Lets get back to what this thread is about - George's wedding photos.

I'd love to see more of them and offer some constructive critique - maybe start a new thread with some pics George?

agree with snowball, bit long a thread, and i missed the shots until now(y)

I did start cleaning this thread up but there's too much to remove.
Instead I'm going to close it with this comment :

Members can be honest about other peoples photos. That's what this forum is for.
We wont tolerate unnecessarily rude, brash, and disruptive comments though.

There's no way we're anti-pro at all. We're anti RUDE. There's a big difference. If starman or Papalazarou had never picked a camera up and spoken the way they did, then the result would have been the same.

Everyone is welcome on here, provided you're polite and courteous. Manners cost nothing.

If anyone on here sees any 'wrong advice' being offered, pro or not, then please, feel free to disagree, but do so politely. That's all we ask.

George. Yes that editing on the dress is a bit shocking ;) Bit more attention to the Photoshop work and you could end up with a corker there :)

Feel free to start a new thread with your images, fresh start and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back