Weeks of bordom I decided to make an effort

Name
Glyn
Edit My Images
Yes
So, as usual I was up at 4 am.... At 5.30 the sunshine looked good. 8am, gets changed, sort's camera gear, load's into car boot, final check's & and set off to Cumber Park to get some photos of the bridge. Reaches Stokham.... Sunn dissapears, cloud comes in... light all gone.

So, decide to continue, reaches Clumber only to discover that ALL the side roads are now blocked off with tree trunks, so it's £6.80 to get a shot! b*****ks.... Drove towards Cuckney...... Spotted a lake... Light crap but hey ho. So, after a bit of post processing, this is what I ended up with.View attachment 40468

Not for me im afraid.
Its like some hideous toxic soup river.
Photoshop some super villain in there pouring toxic stuff into the river and you have a picture but as it stands. No.

Ouch...my eyes!!!

Sorry, but (in my opinion) it is waaaaaaay over processed. Unfortunately if you have crap light, theres not really much you can do. I mean no offense when I say this, but I think the phrase 'You cant polish a turd' is appropriate in this instance. You really needed good light to make something out of this shot, and you didnt have it. Personally, and again this is only my opinion, if it were me, I think i would have chalked it up to experience, and made a return trip when the conditions were better.

Does not work for me, Chris. It is verging on the surreal. Surreal can be OK, but not jst half way there. Pity, because it is actually a rather nice scene.

So.................

I do like a good "so."

So.............................

erm, So....................

Please give it a rest.

You should be taken out at dawn and hung from the nearest tree for crimes against PP :LOL:

Sorry they're both pretty abysmal, nice enough scene but processed horribly.

How does it look if you import the raw file into lightroom and add nothing more than the default adjustments? Or was this shot as jpg with in-camera processing?

There's some weird fringing and artefacts in all the images, and what *looks* like camera shake too.

Last edited:
Even the last edit is still too much.
The halos around the trees, the too vibrant foliage....the sky.
Sorry.

OK.... NO HDR what so ever.... JUst to save my life is this any better?

View attachment 42378

It's still processed to death though. It's a mess. Even at this low resolution it looks noisy, has horrible colours, halos around contrast edges... it's horrible. What does it look like with NO processing?

Im going to have to agree with all of the above on the processing - but as david says above - lets look at it without any processing. I bet the image is 100 times better.

Glyn - I was watching your profile on Flickr - You have very impressive photos there - this pic with this frame - is a.... like a mistake :(

Strange. Definately lots of PP'ing even in the "non PP" shots.

I know the OP wants to put it to bed but I'd love to see the straight raw conversion as clearly somethings going on!

Strange. Definately lots of PP'ing even in the "non PP" shots.

I know the OP wants to put it to bed but I'd love to see the straight raw conversion as clearly somethings going on!

+1

Original so garish, but you are improving it by going back to normal colouring. The green is like pea soup....

Sometimes the frame helps, but I don't think it does here IMHO

Thanks for sharing..

Mj

Back