Wellies and alternatives???

Since I've wasted so much of the last 2 days researching wellies (something I never imagined I'd write :oops: :$ ), and come across so much conflicting information, I've decided to buy every boot I could find in my size and do a proper* comparison. So watch this space for a summary of...
1. Hoggs of Fife Field Sport Neoprene-Lined Rubber
2. Grubs Snowline 8.5
3. Grubs Frostline
4. Grubs Eskline 8.5
5. Rockfish Neoprene Lined Walkabout
6. Muck boots Arctic Ice Vibram AG All Terrain Tall

*proper: in my front room, potentially not the best testing ground, but not risking being unable to return any :LOL:

Not sure if someone else has recommended them but I bought myself a pair of Grubb frostline 5.0 for wearing round the yard and walking through fields, love them. They're waterproof and insulated, can't wear them in the summer as boil but def worth the money. Still wear a pair of heat holders 1.3tog socks (another recommendation) in them as like to be toasty but not sure need them.

Has anyone recommended gun boots yet? Not like 'wellies' and so much better.

I wear Hoggs Field Sport made in Scotland. Vibram soles same as good hiking boots and 4mm neoprene shaped body with insulation but good all year round. Both my hiking boots and snow boots are Meindl from Germany, also extremely good.

Personally I prefer hiking boots to wellies. AKU, Meindl or even the “cheap” Chris Brasher which have been very good.

Le Chameau are my recommendation,cant quite remember the model but they are neoprene lined and have michelin rubber soles,i have a gel insert in them and they are very comfortable ,dry , warm and grippy.I've has quite a few different pairs from leading manufacturers over the years but these are my favorites by far.Not cheap but very good.

Since my last post I've bought the Aigle Parcour 2 wellies. Much more supple than standard Hunter tall wellies, with decent grip and sole.
If you get the neoprene version they are even warmer. But these are so comfortable, I can easily walk several miles in the.

Back