Westworld ?

Gremlin

Houdini
Name
Ingrid
Edit My Images
No
So I finally got round to catching up on this over the weekend, 3 episodes in and.................................I won't be watching any more :(
I loved the original film but after waiting for the series after seeing it advertised, watched the first episode and totally lost the plot,
it seemed to jump about all over the place.
Anyone else watching it ?

I've just watched Episode 3, enjoying it very much.

So I finally got round to catching up on this over the weekend, 3 episodes in and.................................I won't be watching any more :(
I loved the original film but after waiting for the series after seeing it advertised, watched the first episode and totally lost the plot,
it seemed to jump about all over the place.
Anyone else watching it ?

Same.
Recorded the first three, and watched all three.
Now removed from the planner.
With the cast, it could have been great, but awful filming, needlessly repetitive to the nth degree, and stiff writing make it, for me, a non starter.
Bit gutted actually as, like you,I loved the film and was looking forward to it. :-(

Exactly, seems to go over the same thing time and again, couldn't work out what was going on

I'm three episodes in, enjoying it.
It's posing lots more questions than it's answering, which I hope isn't a trend.
However, it's got lots of potential and I'm enjoying watching it grow. Wondering how the main story arcs are going to pan out.

I'm watching on the Sky schedule and enjoying it so far. I hope they can keep the story coherent and moving along, and have started with an idea of how they will finish (something US shows often don't do).

Enjoying it so far. Bit confusing at times but I'm sure it'll become clearer as it goes along.

its a odd story but it kind of makes sense.

Watched all 3 episodes so far. My wife, son and I have enjoyed it all so far. It's not repetitive at all. It's the story lines repeating for new customers.

That guy in the black. Is he or isn't he an android. Is he the first android to become aware or just some guy that like to kill and rape just a little too much.

Isn't he "Arnold"? The mysterious other founder who supposedly died some years ago after trying to hard to make the robots sentient? I could, of course, be completely wrong!

Its another "Prisoner"
Whereby only very intelligent people could understand it ( apparently) ;)
Where in reality it was "kings new clothes" ...

The 1973 film was good, Yul Brynner made a really good bad guy, but I've only heard "Crap" for the series from my peers.
( not seen it)

Seems like the men like it, the women can't understand it.

I'm 100% male and i don't understand it, but i keep watching it, in the hope something will click :)

Isn't he "Arnold"? The mysterious other founder who supposedly died some years ago after trying to hard to make the robots sentient? I could, of course, be completely wrong!

ooooo i like that

I'm watching on the Sky schedule and enjoying it so far. I hope they can keep the story coherent and moving along, and have started with an idea of how they will finish (something US shows often don't do).

Like LOST you mean, started off all mystic and supernatural then when they realised people liked it they spun it out so long all the supernatural stuff got forgotten about, never made it to the end so no idea how it finished.

I'll have to give westworld a go

Like LOST you mean, started off all mystic and supernatural then when they realised people liked it they spun it out so long all the supernatural stuff got forgotten about, never made it to the end so no idea how it finished.

You missed the best bit then....they totally ran out of ideas so bunged a bit of time travel in as well. :D I did watch the whole thing but wondered why I'd bothered when I got to the final episode.

Another very good & enjoyable episode last night. (y)

I did watch the whole thing but wondered why I'd bothered when I got to the final episode.
I think the disappointment I felt in that ending has put me off a lot of US TV series. Some really should stop after 'season 3'

I love anything like this. It poses a lot of questions about human rights or nonhuman rights what it means to be human. Do we facilitate people's darkest fantasies. Murder pedophilia where do we draw the line?

Have anyone watched ex-machina?

Last edited:
I love anything like this. It poses a lot of questions about human rights or nonhuman rights what it means to be human. Do we facilitate people's darkest fantasies. Murder pedophilia where do we draw the line?

Yes!!
Now that, I did really like.
Alicia Vikander is a cracking actress.

Yes!!
Now that, I did really like.
Alicia Vikander is a cracking actress.

I thought she was great in Ex Machina, but nothing special in Jason Bourne. It will be interesting to see how she is as Lara Croft.

I thought she was great in Ex Machina, but nothing special in Jason Bourne. It will be interesting to see how she is as Lara Croft.

I was thinking more of the aforementioned film, and also The Danish Girl, rather than cookie cutter action flicks.

That bird Delores gets f***ed up a lot !

Yes, very good film. The characterisation of Nathan was completely wrong (unsurprisingly), but the film posed interesting questions, and Alicia Vikander was excellent.

Back