Wex calumet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't know if this is old or new news, but I got this email today. Screenshot_20170925-175621.png

Saw this yesterday, will be interesting to see if the shops remain in the long term.

The thing I like about Wex is they're (were) independent and customer service is of a high standard. Don't get me wrong Calumet are also good so it's going to be interesting merger.

To be honest Calumet have done well to survive so long in a changing world. When I started in photographic wholesale Keith Johnson and Pelling & Cross were separate entities, the wholesaler I worked for closed down totally over a decade ago. Digital has made a massive difference for businesses. We were supplying Polaroid 5"x4" film to the tune of 50 boxes a week to one photographic studio alone (at around £10 per 20 shots iirc) film and paper sales were in the thousands of pounds per week, pretty much all gone now.
I have dealt with Wex and been very impressed with their service and product knowledge, hopefully it will be a good merger for all parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back