What are good editing tools other than Lightroom and photoshop?

Affinity Photo - actually designed for photography unlike Photoshop. If you do not do a great deal of manipulation, Gimp is very good. The RawTherapy is a much better Raw converter than anything produced by Adobe although I struggle a bit with the interface.

Thanks! Will look into all the above. Do they all allow cloud work or are they limited to working on local machines?

I'm pretty sure there is no cloud work in GIMP. This thread gives a link to the free NIK collection NIK Collection. It's free but the caveat is that all I have tried is Silver Efex for b/w (it's pretty good for free) so cannot comment on the other stuff in the package. Anyway, probably worth a whirl.

Affinity Photo - actually designed for photography.

I have been using Affinity photo for several years now and have not looked back. Affinity supports many, but not all, PS plugins. I use Nik and Topaz a lot. It will work with the cloud but is not recommended. Files can get corrupted if the transfer is interrupted.

Wow..never even knew Raw Therapee existed looks amazing for free software.. :banana:thanks for the heads up..just downloaded it to see how it performs on batch editing raws.

Back