What area of photography do you struggle with

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Im really struggling with landscapes and people, obviously not everyone is good at all types, and it got me thinking, what are you struggling with and why?

Flying birds, running dogs...
Still life

I'm really struggling with sharpness at max zoom on my 70-300mm. I think I need some L glass :thinking:

I'm really struggling with sharpness at max zoom on my 70-300mm. I think I need some L glass :thinking:

I had that problem. Now I've a heavy bag and a hole in my bank ballence:shake: . Still I'm not giving it back :D .

Only problem is it shows up the 17-85 no end as well...

I had that problem. Now I've a heavy bag and a hole in my bank ballence:shake: . Still I'm not giving it back :D .

So did it solve the sharpness issue? I'd be really interested to know coz I'm quite obsessed with sharpness but just can't get a result I'm happy with with my existing telephoto lens. I've tried so many different techniques and I'm really starting to think it is down to the glass and not me. Talking to Arkady on Saturday night (at the TPF curry night) he did say that it's a common problem with zooms - they can't be excellent across the whole focal length.

Paul, if you want to see if it's a common problem with your lens, go to http://www.photozone.de/reviews

Very interesting Chris, thanks:

The performance of the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 USM IS came as a total surprise. Unlike its predecessor the lens is capable to produce a very high performance throughout the zoom range without the significant drop in quality at 300mm typical for most consumer grade lenses in this range.

Bo****ks, it must be me then :bonk:

Composition .....

Have I cropped too close?
Ahh! but does it fill the frame?

Do I see dead people? .... no but I always see dead space!

Rule of turds .... hmmmm! rules are made to be broken!

Lead-in lines ... do they go anywhere? do they need to?

Horizons ... oops! think should I straighten ... but why? ... nature didnt straighten it?

Arrrggghhh!!!! ....... Composition, definately!

Landscapes, mainly. But that's lack of interest in them. Also, 'seeing' a completed shot - I can come up with a good overall concept, but the devil is in the detail... I think I'm getting there though... Albeit slowly...

I struggle with my arty fartfullness... ;) I like it but I fear that a lot of people don't so I have lost my confidence with posting or even taking photos lately. Just a blip, normal service will be resumed ASAP! lol :bonk:

Motivation at the moment... havent used the wonderful 30D much at all yet. :( AND indoor lighting flash etc,. does my head in!!

Very interesting Chris, thanks:

The performance of the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 USM IS came as a total surprise. Unlike its predecessor the lens is capable to produce a very high performance throughout the zoom range without the significant drop in quality at 300mm typical for most consumer grade lenses in this range.

Bo****ks, it must be me then :bonk:

Guess which one I had...
Didnt make sense to sell the 75-300IS for the 70-300IS (at least to me). So I jumped in the deep end with lead weights attached to all appendiges and bought the 70-200 f2.8 IS and the 1.4EX. It is brill :D

Time!

Reasons: Day job (which pays well!) and this bloody forum :LOL:

Likewise :( - although add to the day job and the 'bloody forum': a house, a garden, a wife (bless her!) and a thousand and one other things that need attention!

I really struggle with pointless 'cutsie' photos of pets dressed in inappropriate attire; photos of dull, bedraggled sparrows at the end of the garden and photos of kids (smeared with food/chocolate/mud) shot from directly overhead while they play on the living-room floor.
Can someone show me how to do these please?

I really struggle with pointless 'cutsie' photos of pets dressed in inappropriate attire; photos of dull, bedraggled sparrows at the end of the garden and photos of kids (smeared with food/chocolate/mud) shot from directly overhead while they play on the living-room floor.

I can :D :wave:

God. What if he replicates? ^^

:LOL:

:LOL: PMSL Rob :LOL:

Back