What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Nice set Martin, the Grey Wagtail (and a couple of Pieds) rarely disappoint the patient.
I think the recent colder days with strong winds have caused the birds to hunker down and so are less mobile and visible. :)
Thanks Roger, Nice Pied. (y) ... I think possibly also the fact that they were dismantling that old tower hide had an impact. (n)

Why is it that every time I go there they always seem to be strimming somewhere? :LOL:

I saw this corvid yesterday at Saltfleet in Lincolnshire. It doesn't quite look like an ordinary crow to me but I though too small for a raven (which I wouldn't expect to see here anyway). Not the best picture, it was too far away.

Theddlethorpe Dunes-16.jpg

Thanks Roger, Nice Pied. (y) ... I think possibly also the fact that they were dismantling that old tower hide had an impact. (n)

Why is it that every time I go there they always seem to be strimming somewhere? :LOL:
Ah yes ... strimming :(
Mind you I do complain when every bit of weed and reed is so high that I can't see any water ... I guess they can't win! :D

No pictures ( camera's not allowed) but it seems that the Swallows maybe heading home. One "Waste facility" I visit, as you would imagine, has insects both flying and crawling by the
bucket load, the swallows have been hunting around the buildings in their 100's / 1000's all summer, curiously no nests though, even though the buildings have a really nice over hang, I would have thought perfect tbh. Any way I digress, no Swallows at all today.

The wagtails are still running / flying around like lunatics. But I think that is an indigenous colony / flock ... call it what you will.

No pictures ( camera's not allowed) but it seems that the Swallows maybe heading home. One "Waste facility" I visit, as you would imagine, has insects both flying and crawling by the
bucket load, the swallows have been hunting around the buildings in their 100's / 1000's all summer, curiously no nests though, even though the buildings have a really nice over hang, I would have thought perfect tbh. Any way I digress, no Swallows at all today.

The wagtails are still running / flying around like lunatics. But I think that is an indigenous colony / flock ... call it what you will.

Still had Swallows feeding youngsters in the nests on Monday down my way, hope they don't get caught out!

hope they don't get caught out!
Me too, the weather is not looking too clever on the long range forecast, that I saw !

I saw this corvid yesterday at Saltfleet in Lincolnshire. It doesn't quite look like an ordinary crow to me but I though too small for a raven (which I wouldn't expect to see here anyway). Not the best picture, it was too far away.

What makes you think it's not an ordinary crow? It looks like a crow to me, but obviously I didn't see it.

Peek-aboo Chaffinch

36369102934_cd98f88ab6_b.jpg

Juvenile Dunnock (Ithink)]

36369103284_13f233d133_b.jpg

Female Grreenfinch ?

36369102984_d86b35f458_b.jpg

Coal Tit

37033928352_6cb22b4ebd_b.jpg

What makes you think it's not an ordinary crow? It looks like a crow to me, but obviously I didn't see it.
General jizz and the fact that it has a feathery beak. Not saying it's not an ordinary crow just that didn't look right for one.

@gramps That Pewit is a beauty Roger, I see hundreds everyday and still can't come close! :D

I've been trying to get close up to this bird for ages as it's been in the same spot for months, whenever I go to the side of the lake it's on it bogs off to the other side and vice versa. The last shot I actually managed to get quite close, except it was watching me all the time...

Great Crested Grebe

great-crested-grebe-7008.jpg

great-crested-grebe-7016.jpg

great-crested-grebe-7033.jpg

Back