What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

G1605%201Dpp.jpg

So, nothing spectacular but....

This is the first attempt at shooting a bird with the X-T2 attached to my ATX85 scope. The screws in the T mount had become loose and so the camera body was free to rotate around the back end of the scope :eek:. I know I need practice, but for a first attempt I thought it wasn't too bad. Distance was about 50 meters.

Taken at Weer Wood Reservoir on Sunday afternoon.

Sheffield Park Gardens by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

PS. Nice location too - they have a hide a few metres from the car park and their were a number of birds on offer...

Not today, but yesterday:

Long-billed Dowitcher
blog-2.jpg

Meadow pipit

blog-3.jpg

A ruff and a reeve

blog-4.jpg
Red-necked phalarope

blog-6.jpg

A little stint or a dunlin (not sure which)

blog-7.jpg

Gutted to learn a Barn Owl hunting locally has jesses.

A falconer's been called and is going to return it to its rightful owner :)

Barnie 1024.jpg

Last edited:
Nice image Phil (y)

A falconer's been called and is going to return it to its rightful owner ;) :D

He may have trouble catching it if its been feral for awhile, and successfully hunting.
Still, that fulfils the legal obligation to try and recapture lost captive birds (y)

Last edited:
Missed an Osprey today on my local pond! :(

Going to check tomorrow morning.
Turned up for a kingy with family in two son desparate to see one,kingy flew right behind me boy's back just yards bro. while I talked to a mate called Steve about the rummin osprey that had been at the spot for three damn weeks,only bad luck had kept me away too.

So me old mucker i'm going to wish you WAAAYYY beyond a shed load of luck, and hope to see one got by me mate for both of us ok it's just yours but ya know what I mean:p

all the luck Wez

stu

Absolutely over the moon today, first time seeing an Osprey on our local lake in the South-East of England.

First time I've used my 2x TC properly too. It worked well on a 300mm 2.8 VR with my D3S.

Osprey by Wez Filtness, on Flickr

Last edited:
Turned up for a kingy with family in two son desparate to see one,kingy flew right behind me boy's back just yards bro. while I talked to a mate called Steve about the rummin osprey that had been at the spot for three damn weeks,only bad luck had kept me away too.

So me old mucker i'm going to wish you WAAAYYY beyond a shed load of luck, and hope to see one got by me mate for both of us ok it's just yours but ya know what I mean:p

all the luck Wez

stu

Haha cheers mate, lovely to have finally got it today, albeit in poor light, heavy crop and with the 2x tc attached. Going to go back down before work tomorrow and hope to a) see it b) better light c) bare 300mm lens.

Well, I can wish can't I? :D

Good luck, you may get a juvenile turn up again if you're lucky?

Wez

Went to look for our local Osprey this morning. About 15 minutes passed with no sighting. SPLASH!! 20 feet away from me! Made me jump. The Osprey had just dived, and failed, and proceeded to treat me to 20 minutes of (attempted) fishing :)

A few more from this morning, heavy crops but only had the 1.4tc on this time, hoping he would come closer whilst flying.

Went to look for our local Osprey this morning. About 15 minutes passed with no sighting. SPLASH!! 20 feet away from me! Made me jump. The Osprey had just dived, and failed, and proceeded to treat me to 20 minutes of (attempted) fishing :)

A few more from this morning, heavy crops but only had the 1.4tc on this time, hoping he would come closer whilst flying.

great set of photos @wezza13

Back