What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

A few from today at a weir in Whalley, a Heron Fishing.... the 3 images were taken 11 shots apart..

heron-fishing-8055.jpg

heron-fishing-8062.jpg

heron-fishing-8066.jpg

Nice clean shots. are you sure the last one is a Linnet?
looks more like a Redpoll to me. ;)

Came across a pair of Spoonbills and a group of Little Egrets yesterday.
Right out in the open ... white feathers and harsh bright sunlight, my nightmare! :(

D850 + 200-500 + 1.4

small_7427.jpg

small_7423.jpg

small_7399.jpg

small_7402.jpg

small_7501.jpg

white feathers and harsh bright sunlight, my nightmare! :(
Cracking images Roger, well "Held" on the whites too, there is nothing worse than a large blue water bird ;)

Cracking images Roger, well "Held" on the whites too, there is nothing worse than a large blue water bird ;)

Thanks Chris, not 100% happy with them ... would have liked a bit of cloud to diffuse the light for these two rarer visitors. :)

The spoonbills seem to be fairly regular short term visitors now, don't they, Roger? I think it started with just one in 2013, which I was lucky enough to see and photograph, but seems to be two now. Lovely birds to see.

The spoonbills seem to be fairly regular short term visitors now, don't they, Roger? I think it started with just one in 2013, which I was lucky enough to see and photograph, but seems to be two now. Lovely birds to see.

They get one pop in now and again Jan but rarely two and tend not to stay more than a day, there is some suggestion that they frequent areas a bit north of Slimbridge.

There really are some stunning photos on this thread, too many name all those who have posted.

A few shots from earlier in the week at Slimbridge. Just shows how much ringing is going on that both the Goldfinch and Dunnock ( I think it's a Dunnock) are ringed. It will be the Jackdaws next,I'm sure.
2e1683n.jpg

2d8ldw.jpg

o71zee.jpg

r9mt8y.jpg

Female Blackcap. Always on the move ..flitting amongst the foliage. Had to wait until it was in sunshine.
1ig8s9.jpg

You know when there isn't much about..:D

21j0xgp.jpg

Back