What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Heavy crop, sorry
It's unusual to see them actually ( what appears to be) make contact.
As and aside, a friend had a peregrine that was working bird deterrent, on landfill sites,
that was rather good a flipping over and taking them (corvids) out the air.

It's unusual to see them actually ( what appears to be) make contact.
As and aside, a friend had a peregrine that was working bird deterrent, on landfill sites,
that was rather good a flipping over and taking them (corvids) out the air.
There were 3 Corvids attacking the 'Kite, but the 'kite seemed to turn on the one that followed too far, never seen it before as they normally just pull up and carry on, was no prey involed so am guessing the corvids have a nest close.
I bet the Peregrine was a sight to watch working :)

Last edited:
2 of 3 Oystercatcher chicks on a local res

OC 2 1024.jpg

OC chick 1024.jpg

Last edited:
@Gav-canon, I'm so glad I'm not a wren, I'd have to eat spiders. :runaway: :LOL: (cracking image btw.)
:LOL: No worse than swallowing flies on a bike

Thanks Dale

Edit, while riding bikes, not seen a fly on a bike yet...

They are OK, the live ones just tickle a bit on the way down..
Unless you pull their legs off first of course.
Serve with butter, slip down easier ;)

Last edited:
Could only see 3 Kestrel chicks this evening, looks like the 2 eldest have fledged.

They won't be faraway and will probably return back to the ledge to roost for another month or so yet.

Youngest

Youngest.jpg

Middle chick of the 3

Middle chick.jpg

And the oldest of the 3

Oldest.jpg

Stunning shots mate.
We have a slaughterhouse a couple of miles away, the Kites are often circling above. I may take my camera and try and get a shot. I would love to get a Kite.
Thank you, we have one close, 30+ birds circling, but can't get to it as all private land, if you can get close, give it a go (y)

A couple from a pleasant day at my local nature reserve

Juvenile Nuthatch

52169141926_b204402efa_o.jpg

Female Siskin

52169620445_e8923aee7e_o.jpg

Dancing Stork Chicks at Knepp Castle and of course I had the wrong lens with me :headbang:

52193296001_7c5b713471_o.jpg

52193786625_f9b426f2c5_o.jpg

52193786610_dcff9154ae_o.jpg

What lens were you using! ;)
Still using the Panasonic 100-400 zoom. During my testing I inadvertently used f11 (instead of f5.6 / 6.3) with the Panasonic and got good sharp results. So that will suit me for the time being. I sent the Olympus back for a refund, although that's not to say I might change my mind again in the future. Have just got hold of an OM1 so I'm starting to get my head around using that.....! :)

Still using the Panasonic 100-400 zoom. During my testing I inadvertently used f11 (instead of f5.6 / 6.3) with the Panasonic and got good sharp results. So that will suit me for the time being. I sent the Olympus back for a refund, although that's not to say I might change my mind again in the future. Have just got hold of an OM1 so I'm starting to get my head around using that.....! :)
I think you missed my attempt at humour. :)

Back