What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

That first nuthatch is just gorgeous, Tom. I had one on my 'robin' feeder the other day - first one I've seen one in the village let alone in my garden. There is a fair amount of woodland quite close by.

It's only in the past 10 years or so that they have 'exploded' up here, used to be non existent in my area, I love them

My excitement today was i bought a second camera,a OMD EM-10MK11,the idea was it would be ok for static type shots,took it to the lake with the 100-400 and got a pleasant surprise at how well it worked on action subjects.

PB080058.jpg

PB080079.jpg

Sorry about the really poor quality, I was testing out a new teleconverter this afternoon and spotted this in the distance flying over. At first I thought it was a Juv Sparrowhawk but because of the chest pattern (I know S'Hawk bars are horizontal) am I right in thinking this is a Juv Goshawk? It flew over the field next to the church in Lamberhurst. Any ID would be appreciated. Never seen a Goshawk round here before.

In my Collins guide it looks spot on.

Thanks, Wez

DSC_0987.jpg DSC_0988.jpg DSC_0989.jpg DSC_0990.jpg DSC_0991.jpg

Edit - Just had it ID'd as a Juve Goshawk (y)

I even got shots of two together today but they where always half hiding :D

Certainly is :)

Strangely, I've only been seeing them singularly whereas, I'm seeing lots of Fieldfares flocking
Same here, although there were several in a local park a couple of weeks ago, the image I got of one was by it's lonesome

I was kindly told about a couple of Kingfishers that were showing well over the weekend. Poor light, high ISO meant they were never going to be anymore than record shots, good to watch though, I even got a shot of one with a fish :)

Kingfisher with fish.jpg

I think we should all be congratulating ourselves, bird photography is NOT the easiest genre of the art to get on top of.
I agree, if its not the low light, just as you take the shot the bird moves or flies off. Then there is always that little twig that gets in the way.
Sometimes I like the bird in natural surroundings not just a blurred background, it make a photo more real and not out of a bird book.

I was kindly told about a couple of Kingfishers that were showing well over the weekend. Poor light, high ISO meant they were never going to be anymore than record shots, good to watch though, I even got a shot of one with a fish :)

View attachment 77418

A very good record shot Phil (y)

Back