What car do you drive?

Photos!! (iPhone photos though :( )
Nothing like polishing a car to make you notice every little scratch but it polished up a treat despite apparently having gone through the worlds roughest car wash with its previous owner.
scaled.php

scaled.php

This.

4a000c4f.jpg

Just as a toy for now. With 330bhp through the front wheels that's all it can be used for.

c3 its noisy doesn't like the wrong gear, and looks weird, but great fun, i love it

Me, I have 2 :)

A 1995 Mitsubishi Galant which is a great car, and loves mountain roads, which I have recently taken off the road to overhaul which literally means everything, chassis, suspension, engine, gearbox, welding where required, electrics where required (not likely everything works!) paint and anything else I can think of.

My other motor is a recently acquired low mileage Saab 9-5 which having recently done a very long mileage weekend is the most comfortable car I have ever driven.
Ruddy hungry though if just nipping down the high street.

I've seen a couple of interesting cars that belong to members in the Transport section of the forum.

And heard someone mention a Rex. Assumed an RX7.
So what do you drive? Anything really interesting?
I have two cars. My toy is a 1984 Toyota Corolla GT AE86. Which I built for drifting. And has an extensive mod list.
IMGP0775.jpg

IMGP0780.jpg

IMGP0767.jpg

Car two is my everyday car. And is a 2002 Saab 9-5 Aero Estate. Quick, Powerful and comfortable. Car is standard apart from a few poly bushes. Cat back exhaust and a Forge recirc valve.
saab7.jpg

saab8.jpg

Wife drives a Audi TTRS roadster and I just sold my boxster and use her her car more than she does now.

Do you intend a full resto on the stud spence?

Have a look for the "what car do you drive?" thread :)

I did:bang::wacky:
And never found it lol. I reckoned there would be one,

Studebaker looks interesting! Is it getting restored?

Last car was a Hawkeye Imprezza Sti, current car is a 308cc diesel, bit of a change but the economy is great

This - but not very often - up on stands in the garage at the moment :(

IMG_2165.jpg

At the FF Festival Brands Hatch October 2011

D

A mk3 Astra gsi with a 330bhp turbo engine.

Nice! What engine are you running?
Is it a Vaux engine or are you using a Saab engine?

This - but not very often - up on stands in the garage at the moment :(

IMG_2165.jpg

At the FF Festival Brands Hatch October 2011

D

I am highly jealous. One of my dream cars.

Thanks kilndly mod for merging the threads :D

Do you intend a full resto on the stud spence?
Studebaker looks interesting! Is it getting restored?

Right now, I am attempting to simply make it roadworthy, just to get it tested - NC state law says that as it's over 35 years old, it doesn't need a yearly inspection, but it does need to be inspected when moving from another state, and it used to live in Texas...:wacky:

I doubt I will ever do a complete restoration - I actually like the way it looks right now. The interior will get a makeover though, as I want to be able to use it daily if I can.

I've not started it yet - she turns over, but the last time it was known to run was 2000. Still has the original 169ci straight six - if that's buggered then it will mean swapping it out for something different. If that's a requirement then I'll probably rat rod it - Chevy running gear is easily obtainable and relatively easy to convert - although I'm a Dodge guy, so my preference would be to drop a Hemi of some sort in there...

I drive a Nissan X Trail.Its very nice to drive, not noisy even though it's a diesel.Pretty comfy inside and can get a shift on when necessary ;). Only gripe is that the heater is rubbish

I drive an Audi A4. Hubby drives an Hyundai i20...He's a driving instructor.

The Big Yin said:

I am highly jealous. One of my dream cars.

Add "how is the torque steer?" to that list too!

Now driving a Mondeo 1.8.

I feel like a bit of my soul dies every day I get in it, hateful vehicle.

Looking forward to replacing it frankly as soon as possible, but next year will have to do.

After years of driving the family taxi - Fiat Brava, Renault Scenic then a Megane I surprised Mrs Z by coming home one Saturday afternoon in a MX5 :D. She was not too impressed until I pointed out that it had heated seats. I know her too well!

Gave up with nice cars, so just drive a Focus 1.6, very reliable and cheap for carting my muddy bike around.
Used to take pride in my cars and want nice cars but its just too expensive to have fun in cars anymore.

I am a real petrol head and I love cars and bikes but for the last 4 years I have been without wheels :eek: mainly because I do 1000 miles a week in a work car (various hire cars/pool cars) so when not driving for work I'm on my bike cycling

cars wot I have owned:

1970 mini de-seamed, 1" extra on the rims, sport steering wheel, drop bonnet - my 1st car, loved it to bits

MG metro (was nippy)

BRG Vauxhall Cavalier made by Opel (nice)

1971 MGB with 1.5" on the rims and a Sebring body kit - loved this car, went night rallying and hill climbing in her - she was my only car for 3 years so was used every day

1973 Triumph Dolomite - excellent car, started 1st time after being outside in the snow and ice for 4 months

1959 Sunbeam Talbot (never did finish restoring it)

1989 Nissan Micra (we drove her to Mongolia)

1990 Peugeot 205 cabriolet ( Pininfarina)

Lada 1500 (1970s model - yuk)

I've also owned 'normal' cars like Citroen Xantia, Nissan Almeria, Honda something or other...

currently we share a Ford Mondeo estate which is like a tank - we got this for practical reasons but it drives ok and is cheap to repair

now then, my dream car would be any model of the following makes:

Lotus
TVR
Jaguar
Maseratti
Triumph

or any wedgie - Fiat X1/9, TR7 etc

my perfect 'normal' car would be anything with a built in sat nav, bluetooth for the phone, front heated windscreen, USB port for music, lots of cabin storage, automatic (the last work car was auto and now I love them lol), big boot, cruise control, very comfy plush seats (this is because of the mileage I do)

now then - the only car that was ever called 'my baby'

me driving round croft by moominmama, on Flickr

Audi a3 1.8 turbo fantastic i love it..

yeah I'm driving one of those for work at the mo. lots of power but the cabin is yuk and the drive is not that comfy. The arm rest is fouled by the handbrake and what's with the push clutch to start crap? grrrrr :cool:

yeah I'm driving one of those for work at the mo. lots of power but the cabin is yuk and the drive is not that comfy. The arm rest is fouled by the handbrake and what's with the push clutch to start crap? grrrrr :cool:
Why are you driving with the handbrake on? :thinking:

:LOL:

Last edited:
Currently sharing my girlfriends 2006/56 Corsa 1.3 CDTi (90) "Design". Great comfortable cruiser with good performance, once it gets past the lag combined with good mpg. No plans on upgrading or changing as the car has 38k on the clock and got hammered by the hailstorms we had last summer. Going to run it into the ground most likely.

8257269491_1c72f664a8_c.jpg

Last edited:
The Big Yin said:

It's the vauxall c20let engine that came in the cavalier turbo 4x4 and the calibra turbo 4x4 with a few mods ;)

As for the torque steer its pretty good. Running a quaife differential that does help.

The nickname kinda gives it away, a 3 MPS with a few little mods :D

Currently sharing my girlfriends 2006/56 Corsa 1.3 CDTi (90) "Design". Great comfortable cruiser with good performance, once it gets past the lag combined with good mpg. No plans on upgrading or changing as the car has 38k on the clock and got hammered by the hailstorms we had last summer. Going to run it into the ground most likely.
How good is "good mpg" exactly?

I keep looking at Corsa's for some reason although I thought the seats looked rather flimsy but you say its comfortable enough.

Cheers.

A yellow mini cooper - with pink pig and other marketing stickers on it. But it's OK, you can't see them from the inside.

Oh, and a Prius T-Spirit. Best car buying decision I've ever made.

Dream car list? Just one. Tesla Model S

DorsetDude said:
How good is "good mpg" exactly?

I keep looking at Corsa's for some reason although I thought the seats looked rather flimsy but you say its comfortable enough.

Cheers.

On a full tank (costing approx £55) we get about 450 miles that's mainly rural driving though.

The design spec is meant to be a bit more comfy they're perfectly fine for me!

55 reg Ford Mondeo tdci. Egr removed, de-catted, straight through exhaust, k & n, re-mapped. 180 bhp, enough torque to bump start a small planet and still, on a run to Germany returned 66mpg. Best car I've ever owned.

Back