What car do you drive?

The next mustang will be released in Europe apparently. Along with a right hand drive model for us. Pity its butt ugly.

The next mustang will be released in Europe apparently. Along with a right hand drive model for us. Pity its butt ugly.

I covered that in my post above.

Besides.. no one knows what it will look like yet. RHD will kill the whole point though.

Bluefin plug into your diagnostic port, usually in the glovebox. It downloads its map to the ecu, and you unplug it again. It stores your original map on the bluefin device so you can switch back again if you want to. Although, in many years of being part of a Ford club, and forum, I have never heard of anyone switching back to the original.
If it plugs in under the bonnet and bypasses the ecu, it sounds like one of those tuning boxes that fool your Air Flow Meter into thinking it's getting more air, and so the ecu then throws more fuel at it, eventually resulting in injector failure.
Seriously, If it doesn't plug into your diagnostic port, and work with the ecu, don't touch it. IT WILL WRECK YOUR CAR! Remap, or reputable tuning such as Bluefin, Superchips etc. I can't emphasise enough how easy it is to kill your engine with an unscrupulous cowboy tuning box.

Cheers. There's a little thing that drops down under the right side of the steering wheel (below the wee cubby bit) that looks like a scart connection. I guess that must be it. Will have a think.... :)

I covered that in my post above.

Besides.. no one knows what it will look like yet. RHD will kill the whole point though.
Sorry being lazy and not reading all the post. I was guessing it will be ugly i haven't seen a pretty car come out of the USA since the 70's. I'm having a google at the moment see if i like any.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you can't arsed reading it... I thought I'd give a frank and full reply.. besides.. I wasn't replying to you anyway :).. but fair enough...

[edit]

If you can't be bothered reading petrol head posts... perhaps a car thread is not the place for you then? :)

In summary... it's crude, noisy, and unrefined, and if you like BMWs or Mercs, you'll loathe it. There.. more digestible for you? :)

I'm on a race track.... :thinking:

Fair enough...but well, this thread is called "what car do you drive" and I already posted what car I drive.....so I suspect I'm as entitled to make another post on here as anyone :D

Sorry being lazy and not reading all the post. I was guessing it will be ugly i haven't seen a pretty car come out of the USA since the 70's. I'm having a google at the moment see if i like any.

Each to their own :)

Fair enough...but well, this thread is called "what car do you drive" and I already posted what car I drive.....so I suspect I'm as entitled to make another post on here as anyone :D

Well thank you for informing us that you can't be bothered to read petrol head posts in a car thread. Very enlightening.

Last edited:
Each to their own :)

Well thank you for informing us that you can't be bothered to read petrol head posts in a car thread. Very enlightening.

Then please, make your own "What car do I drive looking like a dick" thread intead of making this thread about penis extensions? :D

Then please, make your own "What car do I drive looking like a dick" thread intead of making this thread about penis extensions? :D

I'm sorry... what possible reason do you have for behaving like this? I posted a pic of my car in a what car do you drive thread.. what exactly is your problem?

I'm sorry... what possible reason do you have for behaving like this? I posted a pic of my car in a what car do you drive thread.. what exactly is your problem?

Was wondering the same thing. Why does a car hater come into a thread about cars? Purely to cause trouble???

Funny she didn't accuse the guy who posted a pic of his Lamborghini of having a penis extension.....:wacky:

Maybe she feels I'm killing the planet with a "gas guzzler". I get this a lot too. They fail to realise I drive a 1.0 Micra as a daily drive, and the Mustang does less than 3000 miles a year. I probably use less petrol per annum than most people in this thread.

All I know is I've never said a word to her before today. Some people just have issues they need to work out in private, and stop abusing random strangers.

Funny she didn't accuse the guy who posted a pic of his Lamborghini of having a penis extension.....:wacky:

Maybe she feels I'm killing the planet with a "gas guzzler". I get this a lot too. They fail to realise I drive a 1.0 Micra as a daily drive, and the Mustang does less than 3000 miles a year. I probably use less petrol per annum than most people in this thread.

All I know is I've never said a word to her before today. Some people just have issues they need to work out in private, and stop abusing random strangers.

Totally agree. I was actually praised by some engine hater for riding a motorbike (i ride a bike cos i'm a biker, not because i'm green) what the hater doesn't realise it that my car does 60+mpg on a run and my ZRX1200 Kawasaki does 35mpg on a good day! It just gets on my nads it really does. Live and let live.

Yep.. that's the way. Economy for the daily grind... excess at the weekend. It works out more economical in the long run. I also get frustrated sitting in traffic jams in commuter rush hours in a nice car. Just seems so pointless. The Micra gets me to work and gets me to the shops, and does just under 50mpg urban.... plus.. by HER logic.. driving the Micra 6 days a week means I have a truly gigantic penis :)

Yep.. that's the way. Economy for the daily grind... excess at the weekend. It works out more economical in the long run. I also get frustrated sitting in traffic jams in commuter rush hours in a nice car. Just seems so pointless. The Micra gets me to work and gets me to the shops, and does just under 50mpg urban.... plus.. by HER logic.. driving the Micra 6 days a week means I have a truly gigantic penis :)

Lucky you!!!! haahhaha. I drive a Mondeo, AND ride a large motorcycle, my penis must be the size of a small lighthouse!!! :D

It's what you do with it that matters.... well.. that's what I keep telling myself anyway :)

Can we move away from penises and back to extensions please? ;)

Speaking of which (the whole car = penis extension thing) there's this common association that a guy in say his mid-40's upwards driving a nice expensive and sporty car must be going through a mid-life crisis, but it kinda bugs me why it's always seen like this. Isn't this the age where you've paid your dues (house, kids, position at work etc) and may finally be in a position where you can spend a bit of money on yourself and enjoy some of the finer things in life?

Other than those overpaid chavs who kick a ball for a living or those born into serious money, I can't really see how you'd expect anyone else other than an older guy driving something like an Aston Martin etc as not only would the cost of the car be pretty expensive but the insurance would be crippling also.

I'm mid 40's, already had the crisis, (anti-depressants, vodka etc) I have a nice Mondeo and a bike. I'm happy, and no the bike isn't an extension, i've been a biker since i was 16, it's a way of life.
Yes it's annoying that people think like that, it's usually jealousy i find.

Speaking of which (the whole car = penis extension thing) there's this common association that a guy in say his mid-40's upwards driving a nice expensive and sporty car must be going through a mid-life crisis, but it kinda bugs me why it's always seen like this. Isn't this the age where you've paid your dues (house, kids, position at work etc) and may finally be in a position where you can spend a bit of money on yourself and enjoy some of the finer things in life?

Far too logical. It's easier for the bitter, jealous people to hate. Makes them feel better about their own unfulfilled lives.

I used to be a biker, started off on the Aprilia RS125, no power but great handling - a little buzz machine! Then onto a Ninja6 and loved it but got fed up with the carburetor in cold weather so got a GSXR6 K3 instead. A little more extreme (although the R1 I tested for a mate was ridiculous!) but loved it even more! Rothman racing blue colours!

But gave up because:

• Aprilia RS125: Stoned car driver in petrol station drove over me as I was waiting for a fuel pump then claimed I reversed into him lol (I won the case but broke a finger)
  • Ninja6: Car driver pulled out from side street after waiting until I was too close to stop in time and I had to lowside into her. (I won the case but had pretty bad headaches and a sore neck for a while)
  • GSXR600: Car driver for some unknown reason decided to accelerate into the back of me on a dual carriageway after I'd overtaken her and trapped me under her bumper for 40 metres @ 40mph before stopping. Claimed that I hit the brakes whilst in front of her (because that's what bikers do) but despite my lawyer disproving every piece of evidence presented the anti-biker magistrate came up with the most bizarre excuse to find me guilty - if she was driving dangerously then it was careless of me to overtake her in the first place. ??? I still don't get it and the best part is that she was never charged with dangerous driving - which should then technically invalidate any prosecution again me as it's directly related according to the magistrate. I guess she had a wing mirror knocked off for cutting up a biker at some point (I lost the case and had pretty bad ankle injuries)

I always wore full leathers etc but I gave up after then. The injuries were getting worse and worse each time and figures the next one would probably be major.

Great for getting around London though and a total babe magnet! :D

Cars for me are more of a practical thing and I prefer to put my money into things which appreciate rather than depreciate. Hence a fairly standard Ford Mondeo. It's big for the family and dog, they are far better built these days compared to the older Fords, it's economical yet still has good power and is safe. Plus, the heavy Diesel engine and front wheel drive is great in the snow! :) As much as it would be nice to have a top of range car, I figure that after a short while it ends up being the same old steering wheel, seats, handbrake etc....

Cars for me are more of a practical thing and I prefer to put my money into things which appreciate rather than depreciate. Hence a fairly standard Ford Mondeo. It's big for the family and dog, they are far better built these days compared to the older Fords, it's economical yet still has good power and is safe. Plus, the heavy Diesel engine and front wheel drive is great in the snow! :) As much as it would be nice to have a top of range car, I figure that after a short while it ends up being the same old steering wheel, seats, handbrake etc....

I've had my ST TDCi around 2.5 yrs now, I'd have to disagree on that part of your comment. It still puts a smile on my face when I get in it. Still look for an excuse just to go and drive it too. I used to average around 10-12k a year, now I'm doing around 18k and for no other reason than it's a great car to be in as well as drive.

55 reg Ford Mondeo tdci. Egr removed, de-catted, straight through exhaust, k & n, re-mapped. 180 bhp, enough torque to bump start a small planet and still, on a run to Germany returned 66mpg. Best car I've ever owned.
You didn't fancy a larger intercooler as well then? The Airtec intercooler I fitted added 30lb/ft of torque over standard, after the remap it added around another 30lb/ft again.

Do the diesel enthusiasts here know if the Accord 2.2CDTI has an EGR valve that can be blanked off? I swear mine opens and closes between 2-2.5k and the power dips when it happens. I'd love to have a bit of a play with the Accord, its a stunning engine.

You didn't fancy a larger intercooler as well then? The Airtec intercooler I fitted added 30lb/ft of torque over standard, after the remap it added around another 30lb/ft again.

I got made redundant before I got to the intercooler. Ran out of money pretty quickly. :D
I agree with the grin factor, I'm like you, i'll go and drive the Mondy simply because I love driving it.
I was going to go for the ST155 myself first, but figured a 55 reg ST was 4l upwards, my 55 reg Zetec 130, was £1500. And there's nothing I love more than having a bog standard looking car that trounces everything (nearly)!!!!

Do the diesel enthusiasts here know if the Accord 2.2CDTI has an EGR valve that can be blanked off? I swear mine opens and closes between 2-2.5k and the power dips when it happens. I'd love to have a bit of a play with the Accord, its a stunning engine.

I don't know if you can blank it off, I see no reason why not as all it does is throw dirty much back into the manifold to be reburnt, so your car is not running on the clean air it needs for full power.
Anyway, I found this step by step guide on the Civic Forum, but I think it's the same engine.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/25696-how-clean-egr-valve-civic-ctdi-fk3.html

:D:D:D

Not really sure, I've found a blanking plate fora Honda 1.7 CDTi on ebay but nothing for a 2.2, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.
My egr valve is electric unlike earlier models and throws up the engine management light, but I just read the codes every few weeks and reset the light.

I got made redundant before I got to the intercooler. Ran out of money pretty quickly. :D
I agree with the grin factor, I'm like you, i'll go and drive the Mondy simply because I love driving it.
I was going to go for the ST155 myself first, but figured a 55 reg ST was 4l upwards, my 55 reg Zetec 130, was £1500. And there's nothing I love more than having a bog standard looking car that trounces everything (nearly)!!!!

ST's certainly seem to hold their value. A 2.2 Titanium X is usually £2k cheaper than a similar aged/mileage ST.

Not really sure, I've found a blanking plate fora Honda 1.7 CDTi on ebay but nothing for a 2.2, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.
My egr valve is electric unlike earlier models and throws up the engine management light, but I just read the codes every few weeks and reset the light.

I'm very lucky with mine, it's the Euro3 egr, so blanked it off with no lights coming on. My mate has an 04 Mondeo, and his is the Euro4, so his eml is on all the time!

190055_10151343001660590_912072717_n.jpg

VW UP!

just picked it up today

getting a 5 door blue one next week also

Just been valeted by Little Jimmy's polish uncle:

santas_sleigh2.jpgc7ba85c9-032f-4376-9373-171d1d1e62fcLarger.jpg

:D

What engine has it got? Petrol or diesel? Or is it powered by reindeer turd? Hahahaha. Have you had it chipped? Or did Donner und Blitzen eat your chips? Haha. :D:D:D

What engine has it got? Petrol or diesel? Or is it powered by reindeer turd? Hahahaha. Have you had it chipped? Or did Donner und Blitzen eat your chips? Haha. :D:D:D

It has an eight horse(ish) power engine and uses bio fuel (carrots, mainly).

You don't want to know where the reindeer turd goes! :help:

Think about it. That sleigh can visit every house in the entire world in a 24 hour period! Makes even a 'Busa look rather pedestrian...

Nooooo! You need to block it completely. If it's got a hole in it, it's not blanking anything. You need the solid 3mm blanking plate.

It's a EURO4 and I don't want the engine management light coming on. Only an 'ickle hole, stainless steel plate also.

Before you shell out a ton of money the mustangs they hire out aren't the V8 engined ones, they're the gutless ones that share the same body, ask what it is before you pay as you might be spending a ton of money on a base model car

Not always. We had the V8 convertible which we drove 1550 miles through the US.

Totally agree. I was actually praised by some engine hater for riding a motorbike (i ride a bike cos i'm a biker, not because i'm green) what the hater doesn't realise it that my car does 60+mpg on a run and my ZRX1200 Kawasaki does 35mpg on a good day! It just gets on my nads it really does. Live and let live.

At the moment my zzr1200 is doing over 45mpg, but that might be because it's cold and slippery.

Here's mine a couple of months ago:
146577811.jpg

146577801.jpg

146577805.jpg

Only the outriggers rotted quite a common thing so not too bothered. It's having a full body off chassis restoration, plus lots of bits replaced whilst we can get at them...

Got myself a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix V6. 184,000 kms on the clock, I've put on 25,000kms in the near 3 years of owning it, with all the trips down to Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Vancouver. Not a sporty car by any means, but got great torque and pulls from the lights very well, and it just chews up the highway miles with relative ease; it really is a good touring car.

GP.jpg

At the moment my zzr1200 is doing over 45mpg, but that might be because it's cold and slippery.

The ZZR12 is more economical, due to the fuel injection and the fairing. The ZRX1200 is like riding a brick through treacle! It's the retro bike, mine looks like the GPz's, unfortunately the fuel consumption is very retro aswell.

Back