What did Santa bring you?

Same, since I can remember, starting with Maiden and shortly after Public Enemy were on my walls too. Still to this day I love both sides [but, decent 90's era hip-hop not the Auto tuned garbo in the charts today] - Just recently went to see Cypress hill & Ice Cube, my GF got me VIP tickets as an early birthday present so we got to meet the band back stage :) But, I'll just as readily go see Maiden [have seen them 3 times to date] or some grungier rock like Alice in Chains or Pearl jam (y)
I started off with Black Sabbath, Led Zep, Deep Purple back in the 70s.
Progressed to Dylan, Van Morrison, Doors etc in the 80s/90s
Saw Iron Maiden for the 6th time earlier in the year

I started off with Black Sabbath, Led Zep, Deep Purple back in the 70s.
Progressed to Dylan, Van Morrison, Doors etc in the 80s/90s
Saw Iron Maiden for the 6th time earlier in the year

I'll rock a bit of Sabbath too, they're a little before my time but I've owned a couple albums.

I'm amazed everytime I see Maiden live, some members are 2 decades older than me [they formed the year I was born '75, I first got into them when I was 10 or 11] and yet on stage they run about like spritey teenagers! Bruce in particular, he rarely stops, still runs up along the amps, darting from one side of the stage to the other constantly, don't know how he does it! I was a bit confused when I first got a couple of their albums, I had asked for them for Christmas but didn't know the album names, so my parents got me Killers and NOTB :D great choices but you can imagine, after listening to Paul dianno first, then Brucey ... I loved both though, still play the D'ianno stuff now and then for nostalgia

Last edited:
I first got into them when I was 10 or 11] and yet on stage they run about like spritey teenagers! Bruce in particular, he rarely stops, still runs up along the amps, darting from one side of the stage to the other constantly, don't know how he does it!

There's something about playing live that does that - not to belittle their energy in any way - and it makes you want to do stuff that you wouldn't think of doing normally. But there's also a higher level of fitness required for touring, and older guys often work out to be able to keep up on tour.

There's something about playing live that does that - not to belittle their energy in any way - and it makes you want to do stuff that you wouldn't think of doing normally. But there's also a higher level of fitness required for touring, and older guys often work out to be able to keep up on tour.

Indeed, I know many an older rock band can still strut their stuff on stage, I think Dickinson is a step beyond many in the energy dept though. He's a high level fencer on side and a professional pilot, he captains the Maiden plane for most gigs [Ed Force One] - seems like he wants to be busy constantly

A new full sized bluetooth keyboard to replace the 'fashion' one and a new coffee maker and bird feeder.

Well not really from Santa but a sigma 150-600, the Kids and the wife used to get me something small to open at xmas but I asked them not to bother years ago so now they just send money to the wife for my birthday and xmas and every so often a nice new piece of kit that I have been going on about turns up.

2 bottles of lovely single Malt, a gift basket with chocolates, chutneys and biscuits, bottle of wine, little notebook organiser thingy, an Irish Whiskey tasting set, a new Cross pen, a lovely beardcare set and 10 cans of 0% guinness from my son, the cheeky sod wrapped every can individually lol.

We always send jokey things at Christmas, in addition to some nice stuff. I did this for wifey!
Prescription.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing for me and very happy about that - I've already been spoiled this year. I did get a book from my daughter, a few days late, but I had told my children not to get me anything.

Back