What does this mean ?

Gremlin

Houdini
Name
Ingrid
Edit My Images
No
Any android smartphone experts out there ?

My Samsung Galaxy has just be back to them for a warranty repair due to a battery problem, it wasn't holding power for long

It's come back and seems to working ok now, paperworks says

Power & Charge Fault - Replaced main PBA, sub PBA & CTC Does anyone know what that means ?:thinking:

Just got all back to where it was, everything had been whped but I had it all backed up

Thanks to anyone that knows

That seems odd as the battery was charging ok just duscharging within a few hours, even left on standby

That seems odd as the battery was charging ok just duscharging within a few hours, even left on standby
I know a little about the phones and, perhaps, can comment a bit more.

The "main PBA" (printed circuit board assembly) is the primary board that houses the phone's processor, memory, and other critical components. The "sub PBA" is a smaller board that connects to the main board and helps manage other functions like the camera, speakers, and sensors. As for the "CTC," this could refer to a component called the "charge time compensation IC," which helps regulate the battery charging process to ensure optimal performance and prevent damage to the battery.
I understand your confusion. It does seem strange that the repair technicians replaced the main PBA, sub PBA, and CTC.

It's possible that there were underlying issues with the circuit boards or other components that were causing the battery to drain faster than it should have been.
It's yet possible that there could have been other ways to repair the issue without replacing those components, for instance:

-Software issue: Sometimes, issues with battery life or charging can be caused by software problems, such as a misbehaving app or a software bug. In these cases, the technician may be able to diagnose the problem and fix it with a software update or by resetting the phone to its factory settings.
- Battery calibration issue: If the battery is not calibrated correctly, it may give inaccurate readings of its charge level, causing the phone to shut down or display incorrect battery life information. In this case, the technician can recalibrate the battery to ensure that it accurately reflects its charge level.

The solution depends on the specific diagnostic results and repair process set up in the service.
The technicians may have determined that replacing those parts was the best course of action to ensure that the issue was fully resolved.
Moreover, Samsung and authorized service centers typically prefer to be on the safe side and they use genuine Samsung parts to ensure high-quality repairs and long-term functionality of the phone.

@GreenishMango, thank you for that :)
Got the phone back on Saturday morning and it is far better, not charged it since then and it's still on 64% so hopefu;;y things have been sorted.
I do keep the software up to dat, it did 3 updates when I first started it up , but as it was showing a new install that wasn't a problem and I had everything backed up so back online quite quickly now as before.
Thank you for you help (y)

@GreenishMango, thank you for that :)
Got the phone back on Saturday morning and it is far better, not charged it since then and it's still on 64% so hopefu;;y things have been sorted.
I do keep the software up to dat, it did 3 updates when I first started it up , but as it was showing a new install that wasn't a problem and I had everything backed up so back online quite quickly now as before.
Thank you for you help (y)
You're very welcome! That's not me who helped you, but the master :giggle: The main thing is taht you're online again.

Back