What have you done with your camera today

Copied lots of old pictures and documents for the family archive. Some of them are so old we have no idea who they're showing!

27514575171_5b6c1b6cd7_b.jpg

13417577_10154389345869369_8389997224921682735_n.jpg Had a week off work on my lonesome. Been out a few times with the camera, but today stayed local. Went to a local butterfly zoo [?] and made a new friend. Taken with my phone camera, although I did have the canon on me too. Hopefully have some good stuff to share from the week when I have gone through them all. Sunday though, off to Brands Hatch for the American Speedfest event.

Sunset on Waikiki plus the fireworks... First attempt.short display so not the best but fun trying.

Nothing with the camera.... Nothing but rain! Back to work tomorrow so the sun will come out!
But I did pick up a second hand Kata 3N1 30 (immaculate condition) for £20 So the 70D has a new home!

Made some shots with the EOS 3, they will show up in a few weeks, I guess. :)

But just one shot I did with the DSLR:

AJ1A8015.jpg

Last edited:
Came across an amazing traffic jam, just outside of Exeter, due to an Elton John concert. Luckily, I was using an alternative form of transport! :D

27679639902_521ede2f62_b.jpg

I put it (Canon 350D + EF-S 24mm f/2.8) out of my rucksack. Put it in, for the case I see something for photo, when I ride my bicycle to work. Carried it around for a few weeks now, but never stopped to take a photo, even when I saw something. o_O

But maybe I put it in again tomorrow.

Last edited:
I sat down for a couple of hours first thing this morning with the camera, (Nikon D7200), the manual, watched a few Youtube tutorials and now finally understand all the various autofocus and exposure settings I can use.

I did the same with my lens of choice Nikkor AF-S 18-200mm VRII.

Several trial photos later I can clearly see the difference it has made to the quality of my shots. It does help if you take the time to understand the settings and the equipment used. I thought I had it all set up without really bothering to double check the manuals. A lesson learnt :)

Last edited:
Accidentally bought a Canon 6D. I didn't mean to honest ;)

Then spent some time on my lunch break playing with it.

Went down to the river to capture some rowing practice. On the bus, I sat behind this chap and the shape of his arm on the back of the seat appealed to me...

27763119660_9d4eb1c735_b.jpg

Trying out a new to me Pentaflex SL with Agfa Vista film. Indoor shot of Lincoln market and a couple of Steep Hill. Basically to check the shutter and look for light leaks.

I've been playing with my new Canon EF 180mm macro :)

Wish it had image stabilization, but it's sharp as a pin (y)

Preparing for a fell race and wondering if I can get something different using the Nikon 10.5mm fisheye. Fingers crossed.

What have I done with my camera, not much. What did I do with the memory card, forgot it was in my pocket and washed my jeans, that's that then.:( Could job I have a spare one. Always check your pockets.

I have to say: that green is horrible and there's too much detail. ;)

I have to say: that green is horrible and there's too much detail. ;)

I don't mean this in a nasty way, but I couldn't care less what other people feel about my PP or the images that I take.. I experiment with Lightroom, try different things and it stops me being a bored pensioner. I agree, the green is harsh but what the heck. I'm a very happy bunny.

I did agree that the greens WERE too much. Love snapping, it fills my days perfectly.
I'm just feeling fine, that you're a very happy bunny, that's all. ;)

BTW, I left my camera at home today, and I didn't miss it. Spent some time with photographing at the weekend, so I have something for PP anyway.

No green at all:

Mondsee

Swore at my D7000 for changing to M when I'd set it to A. Running and snapping isn't a good idea. That's why I like my 7100, I can lock it.

Picked it up in a panic after my Mrs knocked it off the coffee table :( but no harm done it seems:)

Back