What have you done with your camera today

Just been going through some shots i took yesterday. Just messing around with a friend's dog gave me the opportunity to have a real live test of some new equipment, especially on something that moves :LOL: Missed focus on the eyes on the first but i still like it :)

Max by andyroberts1868, on Flickr

Tried a nice-looking Jenazoom 80-200, unnamed bayonet mount, on my Pentax MX... but it wasn't a K mount! (Letters MC on the lens suggest Minolta perhaps?)

Purchased a new lens Nikon 24 - 70 2.8 Took it for a spin to try it out

I bought one a few weeks ago, big, heavy but [hopefully and so far] worth the large amount of money.

I finally got round to taking some pictures of Lego :)

Nothing too inspired as I spent most of the time trying to remember what I did/didn't have in the massive tub from the back of the garage

Thor book by mscall, on Flickr

Took mine into Horncastle and took a few shots. Not viewed them yet.

Photographed carp fishing bivvies and bed hairs in the studio. Plus I filmed some slow-motion ping pong on the office table tennis table (say that fast!!)

had a play around trying to remember how to use the Studio Flash kit...

It's starting to come back to me, albeit slowly... Amazing how much you can forget in 3 years or so. Not the most imaginative subject, nor presentation, but it's a different challenge to play with for me on a cold snowy miserable day.

Bombay Sapphire Test 2
by The Big Yin, on Flickr

had a play around trying to remember how to use the Studio Flash kit...

It's starting to come back to me, albeit slowly... Amazing how much you can forget in 3 years or so. Not the most imaginative subject, nor presentation, but it's a different challenge to play with for me on a cold snowy miserable day.

Bombay Sapphire Test 2
by The Big Yin, on Flickr

Shame the bubbles only last a minute before the drink goes flat. The upside is that it would be a waste to simply pour it away... Lick I sed, it wood be a waist to jush paw tway.

As for WIDWMCT, other than buying it, I've put a pair of cards in it and got the battery on charge. (D750 and yes, I'm fully aware of the potential issue!)

I looked at it longingly as I trudged off to the garage to swear at the previous owner of one of my motorbikes. :(

I ordered some more film and some XTOL (developer) yesterday though. :)

Went to Simbridge. Left home in the pouring rain hoping that the Beeb were right about the sun coming out at lunch time… 3 minutes to 12 it appeared, disappeared… Came back about 20minutes later… bravo BBC!

Treated my old D700 to a new friend - a Tamron 14mm f/2.8. It'll usually be paired with the new D750 but the D700 was easier to grab between the postie arriving with the lens and me having to leg it, so the 700 had the honour of first shots with the lens!

Unpacked it :cool: I bought a s/h D700 from MPB just before Christmas, it had a little corrosion on the lens mount that has got worse so emailed their support to see what i should do with it. After sending it back they've sent their lowest count, best condition camera they had in stock. Only thing missing is the screen protector but seeing as i was planning a GGS anyway so it's made the decision easier :LOL: Well impressed with MPB though, I'll buy from them again!

got the Bronica Kit out of the gear-store, dusted things off and checked batteries etc, then spent the next half-hour trying to work out how to remove the lens before resorting to reading the manual...

Have to say, it's a real bonus having all my old camera manuals in .pdf format on the iPad at the moment, as trying to remember how some of this obscure old stuff works tests my aging memory cells...

I wanted to go out and shoot some geese today. But found I had 6 inches of snow all over the car. And had to dig it out of the pile the snow plough left. I got the geese in the sunshine in the end. Now if only I had a camera with WiFi I could post some pictures right away.

Not brave enough to clean the sensor yet, seems far too scary! D:

I did give my lenses and filters a good going over though, long overdue.

Sat on the touchline photographing Southport v Gateshead in the Conference. One goal early on (which I didn't quite get) and then spent the rest of the afternoon freezing to death (not literally, obviously) and got sweet FA for my efforts. Just about warmed up again...

I really came to appreciate the quality of my Canon 24-105L. It sometimes gets flak because it comes as a kit lens (and can be soft at times). But when I need the perfect frame in a small (brightly lit) room and none of the holy trinity of primes will do, I reach for the zoom!

Up at 5:30 to get some shots for my assignment. Needed a quiet bus so that demanded it really. Got a few more I was happy with to use too. More tomorrow!

Also ordered myself a Neewer timing remote release.

I took mine for its first outing in the snow. Got some great shots of some stags in Richmond Park.

I took mine for its first outing in the snow. Got some great shots of some stags in Richmond Park.
Nice! Heading in that general direction in a couple of weeks to try that for the first time.

EDIT: Also, updated the firmware on my camera. Didn't do anything of value to me, but the thought of not being on the latest version isn't something I can live with.o_O

Last edited:
More walkies today, this time in and around Greenwich.

A D3300 reverse lens adapter arrive, I wasn't expecting much for £3 but my god its awful....

Swore at the D700 for having a dead battery in it! 100% my own fault though - it's been almost empty for ages but I've been using other cameras for months so haven't swapped it out or charged it. Now on charge.

Back