What is it? (Giottos)

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
It’s labelled with a Giottos logo and I’m sure it’ll be tripod related - but where does it go and how what does it do? (I’ve found it while rummaging through drawers clearing my dads estate) the little bit at the bottom can be turned about a quarter of a turn and then springs back. Anyone got one and know what it does? It’s threaded inside.

CB4D4104-273E-434C-92EF-2B09AA3A708C.jpeg

6C01324C-7CF7-489F-B960-A6126779F135.jpeg
BD398A06-9FCC-449E-AF3B-DC08FB0B3D95.jpeg

Is it not a short column adapter - to replace the cente column when using the tripod at low level with the legs spread out?

It looks like the bit that springs out might be to hang a bag from at the bottom of a tripod column. So perhaps you screw it into the existing column or as Andrew suggested, it replaces the centre column somehow?

Last edited:
It looks like the bit that springs out might be to hang a bag from at the bottom of a tripod column. So perhaps you screw it into the existing column or as Andrew suggested, it replaces the centre column somehow?

My assumption is that the bit at the bottom is probably to stop the column from being removed unless it is twisted to align with the ridge along the edge of the column. So line it up and insert - and then once in place twist and misalign it so the column can't be pulled (or drop) out.

99E7E85F-0EC1-462D-85CA-BEBF5551F348.jpeg
yes ! It’s the short column adapter as was suggested - now I know what it fits and what it does thanks everyone. I knew some brains would work it out.

Back