What is it with Parents scowling at photographers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zuba has removed all her comments and has left. :coat:

Including her other threads.
Shame, although I do not understand why, I do not feel anyone was having a dig at her, I certainly wasn't i was just trying to understand her logic behind her argument.

OMG! The linching party has been out tonight...:thumbsdown:

OMG! The linching party has been out tonight...:thumbsdown:

Not at all, but when someone basically says that all photographers are p***'s and will not see logic in anyone else's view a quiet heated debate started.

Not at all, but when someone basically says that all photographers are p***'s and will not see logic in anyone else's view a quiet heated debate started.

Care to quote the post where that was said? as I have followed it and never saw that at all....

Care to quote the post where that was said? as I have followed it and never saw that at all....

I appologies if that was not the exact words but from my understanding this was what was being insinuated. Again I apologies if I mis interpreted it.

jeeze first you run her out of town and then you make up stories about her..

It was this

I would air on the side of caution and say that togs all are when it comes to my child rather than no one is and let just one pervert slip through the net.

I just have to say that saying "when it comes to my child" it is completely different to saying you are all p***'s. Thank you Splog and Kipax, it is appreciated that some people who may not have or may have agreed with what i was saying understood it at least with out making it up in their own mind that I am witching hunting photographers cause they are all p***'s. I never once called any of you a p***, not once, and you have all questioned my point of view on this subject over and over again to the edge of driving me insane with repeating myself, I have asked for my account to be deleted, like I said I got more help on a dog forum and it was with pictures of my son not my dog. And like I said over and over if you asked to take a pic or explained after the fact I would be less inclined to go confronting you about it, so if this statement means I'm calling you all p***'s then think what you like. Nice to see that even when I'm gone your making digs at me (y)

having been involved in childrens sports you SHOULD be criminal records bureau checked - get yourself a self certification through them - might save you some hassle if confronted by angry parents or officials. But then again!!!

having been involved in childrens sports you SHOULD be criminal records bureau checked - get yourself a self certification through them - might save you some hassle if confronted by angry parents or officials. But then again!!!

who should & why? Just for clarity I am CRB checked - you cant do a self cert CRB check though.

Hugh

I don't think anybody want's you to leave Zuba, theres just a difference of opinion, you are entitled to your opinion as others theirs. This is just a forum, discussion is what it's all about. Ok this has got a little out of hand I'll admit, but it would be a shame for anybody to leave as a result, please reconsider. Wayne

forgot to add - always worth asking team manager/ parents if they have any objection to you taking photos. - never had a problem when I have done that - personal touch seems to work but appreciate thats not always possible - public events etc. but where possible it might just cover your back in todays politically correct madness.

It was this

Quote:
I would air on the side of caution and say that togs all are when it comes to my child rather than no one is and let just one pervert slip through the net.

I think the relavent part of this is "I would air on the side of caution"

What a poor state our nation is in. We spend our lives in fear of terrorists and pedos that are lurking behind every corner. It's just as well we can easily detect them by simple asking what they're doing at which point they'll run away drooling in a somewhat disturbing manner.

Only this week I heard of a complaint from a parent about a photo on a website. The photo was from a public performance of a show the child was taking part in. The parent had given permission for the show and the photos but still complained. The result - photos of the shows will no longer include under 16s even though the parents gave permission. The depth of the irrational thinking of these parents is almost without end. Pictures from the show in question appear in the photos for dozens of people on facebook/etc, including, wait for it, the child that was complained about.

The sooner we make it illegal for children to be seen in public the better, keep them in the cupboard under the stairs until they're 16 I say :nuts: :bonk:

I'm going to ignore the past discussions in this thread and try and shift things in a more positive direction.

We have to accept, whether we like it or not, that some people have, rightly or wrongly, got an objection to having their children photographed so what can we, as photographers, do to reassure them that the use of these images will be acceptable?

The problem exists and either the mentality of the population towards photographers needs to change or the practices of photographers need to change. Any bright ideas as to a way both parties can be satisfied?

Twenty years ago I used to video my son swimming for is club all over the Midlands, now, the young lad who lives near to us is of the same swimming standard, I ask his mother do you video his races? a look of horror came on her face as she told me no one would be allowed to use videos or take pictures around the pools now days, I was a little surprised, but then I had not thought about the intent of an odd pervert being in the crowd.
The thing that as angered me is on the first two occasions I went out with my camera, I noticed odd looks of a different nature, both placed I had chosen, were local beauty spots, these were on weekdays, but appeared to be crawling with men on there own in cars, I was later told that this is now the norm and the council as had to close some car parks to prevent males meeting there. what a sad world this as become..:cautious::cautious:

Twenty years ago I used to video my son swimming for is club all over the Midlands, now, the young lad who lives near to us is of the same swimming standard, I ask his mother do you video his races? a look of horror came on her face as she told me no one would be allowed to use videos or take pictures around the pools now days, I was a little surprised, but then I had not thought about the intent of an odd pervert being in the crowd.
The thing that as angered me is on the first two occasions I went out with my camera, I noticed odd looks of a different nature, both placed I had chosen, were local beauty spots, these were on weekdays, but appeared to be crawling with men on there own in cars, I was later told that this is now the norm and the council as had to close some car parks to prevent males meeting there. what a sad world this as become..:cautious::cautious:

i have not found the above to be true, you just get the form from the pool and get it signed by the event organiser, and provide some ID to the pool to prove who you are - takes less then 10 min to complete. - i have done this several times for the pool based triathlons i cover.

A photographer with a camera at a kids day out!! You're either a paedophile, a paediatrician, a pedant or a pea farmer.... :)

Sorry, haven't read the 11 pages of previous threads..... Zuba was obviously a bad lad ;)

I've had this problem, when i go to the park with my GF and her daughter even though we've got a young child with us parents are still wary of you. Personally it doesn't bother me as i'll take pictures of what i like and if anyone has a problem with it then tough on them. :razz:

Chris.

Sorry, haven't read the 11 pages of previous threads..... Zuba was obviously a bad lad ;)

Zuba is actually a lady and I happen to know from a PM exchange last night about this thread and her unwillingness to be a part of this forum any more, that she has a very valid and disturbing reason for her feelings on the subject.

We need to respect the views from BOTH sides of the fence and just keep in mind that sometimes.....just sometimes bad things do happen and it can jade a persons outlook.

As interesting as the topic is /was i'm going to close it now because Zuba isn't the focus of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back