What is it with Parents scowling at photographers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
I know this has probably been done before.

But I want to rant.

Yesterday I was taking pictures of our village May Queen parade. So everybody was dressed up in costume and looking the part.

Going through the shots I took today, I see three different parents, scowling at me whilst I take a picture of their child. they could have had a nice record of their child's day, but instead they spoil a nice picture.

I am a parent, and I just don't get it.

but... you have a camera and you are poiting it at their precious little princess.. you must be a pervert

sickening isn't it

It's not just photography but life in general. 'People' have just become so mind-numbingly soft over the last couple of decades. The politically correct and the 'you can't say that' brigade have taken over the asylum :bat:

If you'd have dressed up as a woman Rich you'd have got away with it.

Man + children = pervert or Man + children + camera = peodophile child murderer!

At least that is the formula most parents seem to use!

I don't have kids, BUT if I did, I wouldn't really want people taking photos of them if i'm completely honest.

If you were the 'official photographer' for this parade event thing, then I would understand and it's more acceptable, but if you're just a random tog then I don't think its cool.

Thats my thoughts anyway...

if you're in a public place in a parade then what's wrong with being photographed.

If you don't like it stay at home and keep your kids there with you

I don't have kids, BUT if I did, I wouldn't really want people taking photos of them if i'm completely honest.

If you were the 'official photographer' for this parade event thing, then I would understand and it's more acceptable, but if you're just a random tog then I don't think its cool.

:LOL:

Would you feel the same if it was someone with a P&S?

What about all the sickos that are "looking" at your children as they take part in a public parade?

so if my kids were in the parade - I can't photograph them??? if you didn't want photos of your kids them taking then you shouldn't let them out the house (assuming you had any) :thinking:

can you explain your thoughts as to it not being cool?

Cheers

Hugh

I presume then that you wouldn't enter you child into any parade, carnival, display or any such event that is put on in public for the public's enjoyment?

If you put your child in events such as the one the OP mentioned, surely you need to expect that your child will get photographed by others. It was a community event, so why can't photographers enjoy it buy documenting the day?

The world is going mad.

This attitude is everywhere, even on here. I seem to remember some time ago a guy posted a fantstic pic of some kids playing by a river, i think. He was shot down in flames. On the same day a woman posted a pic of some kids and praise was heaped upon her!

I would be more worried if I saw someone sneaking a photo with a P&S or phone. Not a tog with a huge camera.

Sorry, but this annoys me. WHY? This country's gone barking made in recent years.

Should we ban cameras from every event involving kids? How can we be sure that 'Joe over there' is only photographing his kids and not mine? I know - no cameras at all...

This actually happens. When my kids were in schools, for several years no one was allowed to take any cameras in to photograph the Christmas play.

Crazy.

I'm off to shoot a performance for my local arts centre tonight. I've been told they've not had all the permission forms back for the kids yet so we might have to limit the shots used to those of the adults.

Of course the audience can take as many shots as they want without question and everyone turns a blind eye.

Sense makes not :shrug:

can you explain your thoughts as to it not being cool?

Cheers

Hugh

The problem is, people with this attitude can't explain it! It is totally irrational. They read about perverts in the paper and instantly jump on the bandwagon without any intelligent thought.:bonk:

The problem is, people with this attitude can't explain it! It is totally irrational. They read about perverts in the paper and instantly jump on the bandwagon without any intelligent thought.:bonk:

yep couldn't agree more - but its just such a sad state of affairs when so many people would look back and have no photos of growing up :shake::shake:

Would you feel the same if it was someone with a P&S?

What about all the sickos that are "looking" at your children as they take part in a public parade?

Those damn 'looking' sickos - they drive me mad :bat:

And don't even get me started on those sickos looking the other way to try to pretend they aren't sickos - Grrrrrrrrr

DD

:runaway:

Let just ban EYES - Have them taken out at birh and the problem goes away :(

I get really passionate about this as a photographer and have nearly come to blow (ie been on the receiving end!) at school and in the local park a number of times while photographing my kids :bang:

In a hundred years time my great grandchildren will not be able to look at old pictures of their relatives as camera's were banned by society :nono: :( :wacky:

I live in a county surrounded by beaches & have stopped taking photographs on them in the summer just because of people like you !!

Have you ever been to Disney or even one of the UK theme parks?
People photograph other people having fun - its called social history and if it wasnt done there would be no record of anything.

People that enter thier kids in parades are putting them on display for ALL to see, be you a family man that loves to see kids having fun or the p*** Psycho that everyone of is now though to be, its no good frowning or complaining You/the parent put them there. Let them be kids for gods sake, because as its been said already the chances are that the bad guys will probably have a p&s or a 500mm lens pointed at the kids when ever they are out :thumbsdown:

I gotta have my rant too! My son's having swimming lessons for the first time, and I'd love to get photo's of this, but I don't have the courage to take my camera out incase people look at me and think I'm a p****! And I'd only want my child in the frame! Grr!

Also.. while in Disneyland, some guy asked my wife to take a photo of him, she did.. but this weirdo wanted my boy in the pic with him!! Freak! She just took the pic with my boy our of the frame. He later did it to someone else with a baby, and even kissed the baby.. so I walked up to him and took a pic of him and reported him to security :)

Those damn 'looking' sickos - they drive me mad :bat:

And don't even get me started on those sickos looking the other way to try to pretend they aren't sickos - Grrrrrrrrr

DD

I've found my photography improved a lot when I stopped looking and kept the lens cap on :LOL:

I got told at my 1st time speccing at an MX meet that i could be a p**** by a marshall.
P*55*d me right off, so next time, I phoned ahead and said ill be taking pix of a certain rider in AMX class..
Got signed in, insured, media jacket, free reign of track (off limits bits) and when I showed them the pix, they sacked there togger and hired me :)

I got told at my 1st time speccing at an MX meet that i could be a p**** by a marshall.
P*55*d me right off, so next time, I phoned ahead and said ill be taking pix of a certain rider in AMX class..
Got signed in, insured, media jacket, free reign of track (off limits bits) and when I showed them the pix, they sacked there togger and hired me :)

LMAO!! Quality!

looking at the young innocent avatar of trigger happy on here means we must ALL be paedophiles since he looks so young and innocent

:LOL::D:nono:

looking at the young innocent avatar of trigger happy on here means we must ALL be paedophiles since he looks so young and innocent

What is the opposite of a Peodo? You pervert triggerhappy, oggling us oldies! :)

I know this has probably been done before.

But I want to rant.

Yesterday I was taking pictures of our village May Queen parade. So everybody was dressed up in costume and looking the part.

Going through the shots I took today, I see three different parents, scowling at me whilst I take a picture of their child. they could have had a nice record of their child's day, but instead they spoil a nice picture.

I am a parent, and I just don't get it.

Next time don't go naked from the waist down, and I think you'll be ok :D

Technically, because I'm 19, no one finding me attractive could be classed as a paedophile ;)

I'd get a jacket with the following printed on it.

Your can see me but
who's watching the CCTV !

I was in whitby last year with some fellow toggers.
photos, beers, curry, photos and beers, in approximately that order.

a friend, who didn't have a DSLR was playing with mine, to see if it was any good.
we were explaning DOF with the help of my 350D and a nifty 50...and a pint glass.

then he started taking pics of a child at the next table..I was really paranoid..as it was my camera. irate parents etc. thrown objects of value.
as it happened they were interested in the pics and asked for him to e-mail them after the weekend. lovely people.
Not everyone is as reactionary that you might think...but it happens a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back