What is the best editing program

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all im new to all this i was just woundering what is the best program

Thanks mark

The industry standard programs are Adobe Lightroom (which is now called Lightroom Classic) and Photoshop. There are other options though, Adobe products have been subscription based for a while which isn't to everyone's taste. The best editor is the one you get on with I suppose

Depends on your budget and requirements.

For the latest software with all features, value for money it's hard to beat the Abode CC offering of Lightroom and Photoshop at a monthly cost, however I've stuck with a standalone copy of Lightroom and Photoshop
Lightroom is a workflow tool, which includes editing (develop module). to get the best out of it check out the tutorials on the adobe website to get you into the mindset of the workflow.

Capture one is another alternative

BUT, if youve a limited budget, or only want to do simple editing then other tools are available. Check out this thread
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...nverters-and-other-photo-editing-tools.70196/

Hi all im new to all this i was just woundering what is the best program

Thanks mark
Define the best? the one most talked about is Adobe LR and PS, but maybe thats more marketing that soley product.

As above it all depends on what you are trying to do.

If you wanted just a HDR engine then there are products geared specifically for that.

Its just for personal use and to try different things to see what i like

If you found out what you like and don't like about whatever came free with your camera on a disc or free from a website that would give you a start. "Best editor" is as vague as asking someone what's the best car.

Light room has some nondestructive editing options but most are global in effect.
Photoshop gets to the nitty gritty and makes extremely powerful pixel level and permanent changes.

Think of Adobe Lightroom as image retouching and Photoshop and deep editing.

Try Lightroom Classic. It should be more than enough.

Plenty of tutorials online.

Start with 'How to import photos and create Catalogs', then work your way through the Develop module in terms of what all the adjustments do, then look up how to export photos (which applies your retouching to an export version of the photo).

Back