What is this?? Help

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone got any ideas what this is? Its on all my photos at all focal lengths.. I've cleaned the lens and its still there :(. _J6A8647-Edit.jpg

Dust on sensor more than likely.
Do the usual check by taking a pic at f16 or f22 of a bright plain subject - overcast sky/white wall/blue sky.

A similar pic at f2.8 or so will probably not show the mark.

Have you been shooting anywhere where theres been a laser show? I have seen something similar (not quite the same) but that was burned into the sensor by a laser show.

Probably a hair on the sensor or somewhat less likely that bird has crapped on the lens

I think it is fine hair on sensor because it can affect like this as you shared in the image. I also had this sort of thing in my image but unfortunately I don't have that image with me longer else I would surely share over here.

Invest in a Rocket blower and read up on how to clean the sensor. Looking at that picture it looks like a hair so maybe a blast with a Rocket will clear it. Contamination on the sensor is sadly a fact of life and unfortunately you'll see this or more likely spots again so I recommend Googling and reading upon cleaning the sensor and maybe watching some YouTube vids too.

The good news is it's a faff and annoying but not something to worry too much about.

Cheers everyone I'll have a look at it tonight. Thankfully didn't ruin my day photographing Red Kites and I'll get some pictures up soon

Hair on sensor. You have to be very fussy and fast about changing lenses because it can be a nightmare once crap gets into the camera

Back