What New Gear Have You Purchased This Week?

Bought a used leica m9 and 35mm f2 summicron v3 lens. Going to get a 75 or 90 mm mid-tele lens to go along side it shortly! Lovely piece of kit and never held a camera that feels so damn solid.

Well it's been nearly a month since I got my case and lights and I've got this months budget early. Decided to get a couple of superzooms for when we're out and about. I got a Tamron 28-300 VC for me and a 18-270 VC PZD for the wife. We wont expect to get stellar performance or amazing sharpness out of them but the ease of only carrying only one lens each negates the quality loss.

I've just had a Tamrac Expedition 6x delivered. :)

Canon 90ex flashgun, will act as a transmiter albeit with limited range for my two off camera bigger guns. £50 off E-bay brand new(ish) :)
Sits nicely atop the 5D for snaps too, very pocketable, seems to work ok over a shortish range.
I read a report before buying it that said it was only good indoors and when it was dark :thinking:

OK, I said there would be pictures.

Some one always has to play the mines bigger than yours game don't they...maybe one day you'll post a picture of all the nasty ex-police German Shepards that guard the warehouse :naughty:

Ah yes, the mighty Nikon CT-404 trunk case. At $350, it's a bargain! :D

I only got these bits in the mail... a nice set of Selen gels for the flash. The shop also had a blower and brush for $7, so what the heck... :LOL:

Filters.jpg

An uber cheap Tokina 80-200mm f2.8. So cheap I'd be stupid not to buy it. Best built AF lens I've ever held. Could easily knock a hole in a tank with it.

Also a remote release as I'm sick of being limited to 30 seconds exposure. Stupid dumb Nikon idea.

Set of Lee grads, Sigma 10-20mm lens, UV filter

Oh and some Berghaus walking boots and goretex over trousers after my last shoot turned into a monsoon!

Still trying to buy a 1 series waterproof kit but I think it was only released today and none seem to have made it down the M5 yet! As I said above, I've got the F mount adaptor but I'm managing to resist getting the non WP body to accompany the lenses I already have. Just!

Been a bit of a week for me:

1. Fuji x20
2. Metal Filter Adapter Ring + Lens Hood
3. Lowepro Vertex 200 AW
4. Manfrotto 055CXPRO3 Carbon Fibre 3 Section5.
And a photography book.

Happy, I am:)

a sigma 50-500 and a sigma uv filter

c24012f7fa0e5bae309c43ec7717bb5e.jpg

Got given the Nikon compact to me this week, not exactly new but it was free, mind you it's a terrible compact, so slow to do anything, it's just frustrating to use.

The old Casio on the other hand is nice to use, fast enough and lot's of control, unlike the Nikon.

Yesterday or before yesterday [Thursday our time], in the morning i went to a post office to bring a box which includes Mamiya RB67 Pro-SD with WLF only.

Same day at med-night i went to Dubai Airport Free Zone to visit FedEx office which is open 24/7 and brought another box, this time it is Mamiya RZ 110mm f2.8 lens brand NEW.

I hope this week i can order few gear or accessories for my cameras.

Canon Ixus 255 HS at Dubai Duty Free. Bought it to replace my S95.

This is the gear I've added in the last week, a couple of Tamron super zooms for the times I/we want to travel light.

10225679644_52552efaaa_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

10225864613_c4aca063d5_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

And this was the gear I got last month to go with the backdrop I've had for a while. It's only a basic kit but it'll suit me for the amount of use it'll get. The Vanguard case is excellent, and at just over £200 including the dividers it's a steal. It takes 2 gripped bodies, around 10 lenses and a couple of flash guns too.

10225864933_d49edd5e68_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

10230797133_69ea73cfb6_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
Just ordered few minutes ago from ebay:

1. Mamiya RB67 PRO SD LENS KL 90mm F3.5
2. Mamiya RB or RZ BODY STRAP (NECK STRAP)
3. Moveable 4x5 Large Format Camera to Canon EOS Adapter
4. Single 45° Split Image Focus Focusing Screen with Frame for Hasselblad Camera
5. 40" 100cm Camera Shutter Control Cable Mechanical Locking Release Remote Cord
6. New 22 x 4LR44 PX28 28A A544 PX28A 4G13 V4034PX 6V Battery
7. Metal Adapter ring for LEE Cokin Z Hitech Singh-Ray holder 4*4 4*5.65 4*5 filter [82mm]

Hope i can get them in less than 2 weeks, and i will order more maybe by next month or end of this month if a certain budget [get paid] will come as soon as possible.

Nikon D600 (new), Nikon 28mm 1.8 (new) and Nikon 180mm 2.8 (used) all arrived this week. Very pleased with it all, the 180 is remarkably compact but built like a tank.

i-bZvCwsr-L.jpg

Arrived last Thursday but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

It's connected to the monopod and I am just sitting there admiring it lol but hope to actually use it properly during the next week.

What I will say is that it is made, designed and built up to usual RRS standards. Lightweight but uber strong!

I got a 190CXPRO4 to use as a travel pod, and when the purchasing ban is lifted(by the wife) I am getting a nice ball head to fit and a nice big bag to carry them.

Just ordered few minutes ago from ebay:

1. Mamiya RB67 PRO SD LENS KL 90mm F3.5
2. Mamiya RB or RZ BODY STRAP (NECK STRAP)
3. Moveable 4x5 Large Format Camera to Canon EOS Adapter
4. Single 45° Split Image Focus Focusing Screen with Frame for Hasselblad Camera
5. 40" 100cm Camera Shutter Control Cable Mechanical Locking Release Remote Cord
6. New 22 x 4LR44 PX28 28A A544 PX28A 4G13 V4034PX 6V Battery
7. Metal Adapter ring for LEE Cokin Z Hitech Singh-Ray holder 4*4 4*5.65 4*5 filter [82mm]

Hope i can get them in less than 2 weeks, and i will order more maybe by next month or end of this month if a certain budget [get paid] will come as soon as possible.
Now, if you do *not* post a handful of shots, when it arrives, I'll call it a bluff! :D

Now, if you do *not* post a handful of shots, when it arrives, I'll call it a bluff! :D

Is it really necessary?!!!

Well, we have to wait, i feel that those items will not come all together at once, they will arrive one by one, so maybe end of this month :p:D

Tamron 28-75mm this weekend!

Bought a Fuji x-Pro1 and 18-55mm lens this week.

Next week I want to buy a 35mm lens to go with it :)

5D III, 24-70 f2.8 II, GoPro Hero 3+

Just getting ready to head out with the 5D III this morning to give it a test drive.

Back