What New Gear Have You Purchased This Week?

Some nice stainless steel eye bolts for a minor tripod modification arrived today... only needs to be shortened. And painted or etched black...

ACC_7230.jpg

dopey.gif

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0, so much better than my old Tab 2 10.1.

Last edited:
It. Is. Here. Delivered yesterday in the hurricane... my "new" D800...

DSC_7257sm.jpg

Bought from a photographer, who found, he rather need a D800E.
rolleyes.gif

Some fun facts:
- the day, I made a deal with seller, was on my two-year anniversary with my darling D300s... have just found this out.
- price for a new D800 is here dkr. 16995. The price, I paid, was dkr. 14100. Difference is dkr. 2895, which is the exact number of shots, this camera has taken...

Price converted was £1570.
Can't be closer to "mint" in my book. No scratches, marks or anything.

But I can't shoot with it, as it won't accept my Kingston 16GB CF cards!
weeping.gif

And the Lexar, I ordered, won't arrive until tuesday!
sleepy.gif

Last edited:
Just bought a Canon 24-105L of the dreaded 'bay...

Looks good but haven't done detailed testing.

A

Feisol CT-3301 Carbon Tripod, Cullmann Magnesit MB6, Novoflex Q=Mount, a Peak Performance Capture Pro v2 with Arca Plate and a box of chocolates for the missus as thanks....start the fans please!

price for a new D800 is here dkr. 16995. The price, I paid, was dkr. 14100. Difference is dkr. 2895, which is the exact number of shots, this camera has taken...

....so when you have taken another 14,100 shots it will be worthless, no? :eek:

:exit:

It's already close to worthless now, as I can hardly lift the bleeping thing!
biggrin3.gif

And I'm not really sure, if I want to shoot with it... just wanna make out! D800->
hug.gif
<- Jan!

:wacky:

just bought a Dell 2410 & a Sigma 1.4 teleconvertor. Now need to get a calibrator for the screen...

It's already close to worthless now, as I can hardly lift the bleeping thing!
biggrin3.gif

And I'm not really sure, if I want to shoot with it... just wanna make out! D800->
hug.gif
<- Jan!

:wacky:
There's nothing quite like 'camera love' :)
Congratulations to the both of you! I'm just a little bit jealous...

My Contax RTS should be here early next week.

It. Is. Here. Delivered yesterday in the hurricane... my "new" D800...
But I can't shoot with it, as it won't accept my Kingston 16GB CF cards!
weeping.gif

And the Lexar, I ordered, won't arrive until tuesday!
sleepy.gif

Oh dear- it is very fussy in regards to CF cards! That must be like having a cake you can't eat!

Got myself a Lowepro Nature Trecker AW for a very good price.... unfortunately it came without many internal dividers, and I'm having a hard time tracking down anywhere to buy some from without having to pay silly money.

Oh dear- it is very fussy in regards to CF cards! That must be like having a cake you can't eat!
Well, a mate borrowed me a Toshiba 1GB SD-card... runs fine! And holds 12 raw shots!
biggrin3.gif

I'll just pretend, it's a film camera! Let every shot count!
piratey.gif

In the post today... a nice L-bracket from Chris here on tp :) and a Lexar CF card from Amazon, great to be able to hold more than 12 shots on a card...

ACC_2449.jpg

New bag is underway from Germany and then I'm certain, I don't need anything more...
rolleyes.gif

This week I got some Yongnuo RF602 triggers... to replace my RF603 triggers that have fallen to pieces!!! :LOL:

I ordered a new Pentax K3 on Spanish Amazon at the start of November. It was not in stock but happened to be priced around £220 cheaper than anywhere else in Europe (and believe me, I looked) so I took a chance and ordered it there and then, not really expecting them to honour the price (which almost immediately afterwards went up to the same as in the rest of Europe). Nearly 4 weeks later, I had an email to say it had been dispatched and last week the K3 turned up and, touch wood, is working beautifully! Definitely worth the hours spent trawling around Europe on the internet!! :)

Mindshift-rotation-180-backpack-41.jpg

mindshift-animated-rotating-pack.gif

Hadn't planned on getting one but ended up finding one with free shipping from the us, how could I say no haha.

Not yet, only bought a few hours ago, but il likely get hit with £60 inc handling fees

A Canon 1.4x extender mk II, and a Giottos YTL9123 tripod.
Now if only royal mail can get off their arses and get the package out of their Bristol mail depot, where it's been sat for the last 36 hours i might start cheering up!

Sigma 35mm f1.4/ Hopefully arrives tomorrow, but won't be allowed to open it until my birthday next week :-(

Got one of these on my wishlist; will be interested to hear what you think of it.

I tried it out yesterday (walking around the Highland Wildlife Park) and I am very disappointed.......that I didn't buy one years ago! Needed a few length adjustments to get the carry height just right and it took a wee while before I felt completely comfortable letting go of my camera (understandable I think with £2000 of gear hanging off it) but once I got over that it was just great. :clap:

Back