What New Gear Have You Purchased This Week?

Now just waiting for my Benro B3 ballhead to arrive!!
Now there's one lump of metal!
biggrin.gif

Nothing big, unfortunately (although in a few weeks I should be buying a Sigma 10-20mm). I got 2 eyepiece covers for my D200 and I'm waiting for some welding glass to arrive.

Something big here, then! Really, really big!
biggrin3.gif

GLS knocked on the door and to my surprise, he was standing there with a box the size of a suitcase... my new camera shoulderbag! :bang:

It has for a long time irritated me, that I had to choose between what gear to bring for the trips.
No need for that anymore...

This Vanguard Herald 38 is so big, it dwarfs the D800.
bigeyes2.gif

Will upload some shots of it packed tomorrow...

In the mail today, the viewfinder eyepiece for the D800.

Seller had replaced this with a DK-2 rubber cup, which I'm not sure I like... and as he "lost" the original DK-17, I had to get a replacement:

ACC_0001.jpg

And... the bag!

Here shown next to my Ronson...
ACC_0002.jpg

Slits open in top for easy access...
ACC_0003.jpg

It is so deep, the long 150mm macro can keep it's hood on while on camera... nice!
ACC_0004.jpg

Both inserts can be removed for easy cleaning and loading... I don't have a laptop, but keep the insert for papers and extra padding as well...
ACC_0005.jpg

Extremely nice bag. Very good stitching work and lots of fine details.

Comes with raincover folded into a pocket on the back and has a tripod holder in a front pocket.
Can't use that for that purpose, as my tripod is too big and heavy, but it will do fine as a holder for my umbrella...

If you need a big shouldbag - and I mean big! - it gets a Highly Recommended from here! (y)

Black Rapid RS-7 strap arrived yesterday. Very nice. Lots of nifty features (bumpers, pockets, etc) and it really does make your camera sit just so.

Mine didn't have any nifty features or pockets?!
There're a couple of pouches on the shoulder pad that would accommodate a battery or extra memory card. There are two bumpers on the strap that serve to limit the range of movement of the clip, and the adjusters are of the quick-release variety that don't require origami to shift them - nifty features.

Just upgraded again after 4 months from a 50d to a 5dmki, getting a great deal on here including an additional battery and 4 CF cards.

Need to get more lenses now as I only have the one!

I bought my 5D for thee main reasons...
The Sigma 12-24mm, it's a beast :D The Sigma 85mm f1.4 which is just gorgeous :D and to use the Sigma 50mm f1.4 on FF with equiv. FoV of 50mm :D

My buys...
Novoflex MD to Sony Nex adapter for my A7.
32gb card.

I bought my 5D for thee main reasons...
The Sigma 12-24mm, it's a beast :D The Sigma 85mm f1.4 which is just gorgeous :D and to use the Sigma 50mm f1.4 on FF with equiv. FoV of 50mm :D

My buys...
Novoflex MD to Sony Nex adapter for my A7.
32gb card.

The furthest I will be stretching to for now is a 50mm f1.8, we'll see what happens are funds recover from Christmas/Jan :LOL:

10 stop ND filter has just arrived. Cliched misty water and streaky cloud shots, here I come. ;)

Nikon 50mm F1.8 G lens for my venerable D300 & I also bagged a bargain last night on Amazon ..... Panasonic G6 with 14-140 lens for £470 instead of £649 & I can get another £100 cashback :)

Sony RX100m2 just landed. Just need to charge the battery, pop in a card and go play!

Thanks Parcelforce, over a grands worth of Fuji X gear in here (X-Pro1 and 18mm f2)..

i-9LmdnVL-M.jpg

Left outside my house at midday today according to the tracker, I got home at 9pm after several hours of rain. Fortunately a) it wasn't stolen, and b) despite the box falling apart just after this photo the Fuji boxes inside were well wrapped in clear plastic bags and bone dry.

Last edited:
5D MK3 and a 14-40 L lens to match for me today. :)

Purchased a Nifty Fifty to tide me over with the newly purchased 5dmki and a Hoya CPL.

Also helped select a Christmas present for myself from the girlfriend, a Sony NEX3NL which I won't get till boxing day!

Had a quick look on here and can't find much on the NEX branch - read lots of reviews and its going to be for travelling, so seems to be exactly what I need.

Also helped select a Christmas present for myself from the girlfriend, a Sony NEX3NL which I won't get till boxing day!

Had a quick look on here and can't find much on the NEX branch - read lots of reviews and its going to be for travelling, so seems to be exactly what I need.

I've been researching for days for a decent, small camera for the wife with a full compliment of advanced features. The NEX3NL came out as a clear winner, the collapsible power zoom making it significantly smaller than some of the tiny bodies I've seen with relatively large kit zooms stuck on them. Cracking price too, she loves Samsung gear but I just couldn't justify one of the NX kits over the Sony.

A lot the stuff you have to buy as extras,i think the RS5 does come with an little pouch and pockets :)

Yes, RS-5 comes with pockets on the strap but the RS-7 does not, although you can add a pocket(s).

Got one of these on my wishlist; will be interested to hear what you think of it.

@pwhysall you're welcome to borrow one of mine next time we're out.

I have the DR1 dual which is superb, it splits into two when needed.

As you know my neck was bad after that work crash and having a pair of 1 series with flashes was hurting after a day, got the BR and never a twinge, used one all weekend at the donkey sanctuary with a 5D3, 24-105 and 550ex with flashbender so not a light combo, all day, both days and it was really good.

I've been researching for days for a decent, small camera for the wife with a full compliment of advanced features. The NEX3NL came out as a clear winner, the collapsible power zoom making it significantly smaller than some of the tiny bodies I've seen with relatively large kit zooms stuck on them. Cracking price too, she loves Samsung gear but I just couldn't justify one of the NX kits over the Sony.

It was either the 3NL or the Olympus Ez-2, the sony was ex-stock so got it for £230 delivered. The lens is the same one on the NEX6 model and costs £300 (or dollars can't remember) to buy seperately.

I've tried a 5N and really liked it so hope the 3NL isn't too much of a step backwards.

Thanks Parcelforce, over a grands worth of Fuji X gear in here (X-Pro1 and 18mm f2)..

That was really bad of parcelforce :thumbsdown:
i-9LmdnVL-M.jpg

Left outside my house at midday today according to the tracker, I got home at 9pm after several hours of rain. Fortunately a) it wasn't stolen, and b) despite the box falling apart just after this photo the Fuji boxes inside were well wrapped in clear plastic bags and bone dry.

Good haul, it does look funny with the 40mm pancake on such a big body though :LOL:

it does but i love it!
So impressed with the 1D3, charged the battery when i got it back on the 12th Nov and it's still got 44% left!!!!
I've shot 3 football matches approx 300 shots each, and at least 500 more shots here and there!, it came with another genuine LPE4 too!
very very pleased :)

i received a package from Amazon once with a black tyre mark going from one corner to the other!
Clearly been driven over by a van.
Luckily it was only a book and undamaged!
Pictures or it didn't happen. ;)

Back