What New Gear Have You Purchased This Week?

Nikon 300mm f4 for me, bought last Friday 16th. Decided to put my D750 replacement on hold and buy better glass and a cheaper body for the time being. I bought the D750 and had to buy cheap glass due to budget constraints, no cash!

Now deciding whether a D600 or D7100 to tie me over while I save for the D750.

Pat, I hope you took your time and savoured each box, let's face it, you probably won't have another chance to buy in bulk again, unless you have a big Lotto win!

That's a fantastic saving mate, did you use Jessops in Birmingham and if so, what's the store like?

I've not been on the forum for a few months and the last time we spoke you had just lost your job at DH magazine. Congratulations on the new job mate, is it along similar lines to the fishing magazine?

Cheers mate and Happy New Year:)

Andy

Ha - yes, each box was savoured. I actually sniffed each box, a'la Froknowsphoto. They just smelled of cardboard ;)

We ordered through Jessops' corporate but all stock was dealt through its Reading store, which is apparently one of the flagship stores. They were really prompt, very communicative and they made sure they totally outpaced the WEX quote.

I haven't been on much lately either - probably since the iPhone app was discontinued. Yeah, I got made redundant from the mags and ended up working for one of the major tackle manufacturers. Last summer there was a bit of upheaval as the business was relocated to Milton Keynes and at first there was the possibility of redundancy, it soon became clear that I wasn't getting the chop and the there was a big role for me at the new premises. I still shoot for the mags,but my main role is digital marketing and loads of social media content

Ha - yes, each box was savoured. I actually sniffed each box, a'la Froknowsphoto. They just smelled of cardboard ;)

We ordered through Jessops' corporate but all stock was dealt through its Reading store, which is apparently one of the flagship stores. They were really prompt, very communicative and they made sure they totally outpaced the WEX quote.

I haven't been on much lately either - probably since the iPhone app was discontinued. Yeah, I got made redundant from the mags and ended up working for one of the major tackle manufacturers. Last summer there was a bit of upheaval as the business was relocated to Milton Keynes and at first there was the possibility of redundancy, it soon became clear that I wasn't getting the chop and the there was a big role for me at the new premises. I still shoot for the mags,but my main role is digital marketing and loads of social media content

It sounds like you had a lot of worry re work and I'm glad that it's sorted now Pat.

It's great to hear that Jessops are succeeding 3nd time around. I'm just p***ed off that they haven't re opened their Leicester store, particularly when the whole empire originated in Leicester back in the day. My brother went to school with the youngest daughter and I was gutted when the stores closed. In fact, other than a very big CurrysPCworld that has a reasonable amount of kit but at stupid prices, Leicester has zero camera shops :(

Good luck with the new kit mate :)

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

Http://www.andykeeblephotography.com

Just bought some macro extension tubes to try out for cheap macro setups.
Trying to find a Sigma 10-20mm in my tight budget too, but without success. (n)

Hi all, I go a nice shiny new bit of glass, its the Tokina ATx Pro 100mm for Nikon.
Im yet to get out there and really give it a go but as the weather is Pants atm ill stay inside nice and warm. :D
Seems like a really nice built lens.

View attachment 29105

I'm awaiting the arrival of a Heinz Kilfitt Pan-tele-Kilar 300mm f/4 (possibly a mid-life crisis). It was made in Munich around 50 years ago but hopefully can still cut the mustard. It utilises rack and pinion focusing for normal "tele" type applications but also has helical focusing for quasi-macro usage. Is it any good?.....bloody well hope so!

Bob

Just bought some macro extension tubes to try out for cheap macro setups.
Trying to find a Sigma 10-20mm in my tight budget too, but without success. (n)

Update. I have secured a Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 from the bay of e. Looking forward to try it out, especially next month on a trip to Norway. (y)

Yashicamat 124G, old/new stock never used (its claimed) from Austria, delivered Saturday. Today some ID-11, Rapid fixer and Stop Bath. Film destined tomorrow or early next week. Nice week so far.

After a little to and fro with LCE, I have picked up a D750 at a decent UK stock price with some goodies thrown in and a very generous trade in deal on my redundant F65. Why don't batteries charge instantly?

:pNo.

I bought a Sony A6000 to go with my Nex3n. It's a whole new leap of fantastic, and really enjoying messing about with my old Olympus OM10 lenses on it.

Just a few moments ago I got the last xmas gift that was sitting at my mums. I now have the money saved to buy the Nikon 85mm 1.8 I've been after for 3 months or so. Already ordered :)

Ok well mine is more of a what have I bought over the last 2 weeks. Well the list is as follows: Spare Battery, a pair of Stealth Gear Extreme Trousers a Sigma USB dock and now for the best bit a shiny Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 OS Sport along with Sigma TC1401 & TC2001 Teleconverters. Now to hide the boxes and wallet :)

Canon 5D3 and a Tamron 150-600 lens. Can't wait to try these out.

Oh I forgot, also a BG11 Grip and a ST-E3-RT.

Come on Mr Postman!!

Last edited:
Expensive week for me...

Fuji X-T1
Fuji 23mm 1.4
Fuji 56mm 1.2
Fuji 55-200mm

Only problem is my D750 feels very redundant now.

Canon eos m camera and 18-55mm kit lens
22mm lens
M to ef adaptor so I can use my other lenses with it.

This is going to be my back up / when I don't want to carry my 6d

Expecting delivery of the BG11 grip and 70-200 f/2.8 within the next day or two! Might also need to invest in a more sturdy tripod head.

I'm awaiting the arrival of a Heinz Kilfitt Pan-tele-Kilar 300mm f/4 (possibly a mid-life crisis). It was made in Munich around 50 years ago but hopefully can still cut the mustard. It utilises rack and pinion focusing for normal "tele" type applications but also has helical focusing for quasi-macro usage. Is it any good?.....bloody well hope so!

Bob
Here we go....possibly not what Canon envisaged when they spec'd the AF system on the 1Dx
p782269419.jpg

p544770192.jpg

Bought a Nikon 500mm f4 vrI on here. I had been thinking of getting one for a while. This one was in the same town as me and a friend was selling it. It was fate!! :)

I bought myself a Nikon AF-S 20mm F1.8 lens to go with my D750 I got from Santa ;)

Nothing this week but last week picked up a Canon EOS M camera kit for £199.99 from Argos.

Well, it was last week now but I have bought a Tamron 14mm f/2.8 in the hope of capturing the AB as a curtain rather than a green glow next month. Combined with the high ISO performance of the D750, I'm hoping for a couple of seconds of exposure rather than 30 or so. Note that I said "hoping"! ISO 1600 looks clean as a whistle but not played with higher yet. Need less light round!

I bought a Sigma 50mm 1.4 art. Wanted a 50mm prime and after looking at various reviews and getting feedback from the site here decide the Sigma seemed a good bet. Since getting it ahem used it to take photos of my newborn baby and am delighted with it. Highly recommend it to anyone wanting a quality 50mm prime.

I'm making the switch from Canon to Nikon again, so far in the last week I've had a D500, D750, Tamron 24-70 VC, Tamron 70-200 VC and the Nikon 300mm f4 PF.

Back