What no jeremy cobyn thread?

I got it from here, as stated earlier.

View attachment 48308
I wasn't disputing your statistics, just their relevance. Even your source admits its statistics are largely useless at judging an MPs contribution to parliament, which is what you were trying to infer from them.

Last edited:
I think you must be confusing him with someone else. He's been one of the most vocal and active backbenchers. It's the same Tom Watson who tried to ensure parliament had to vote on the Iraq war (thus defying his own party whip) - hardly a shrinking violet.

Rubbish, he is always on the golf course!!!! [emoji6]

So they want to deliberately spent more money than they've got. Nice one.
There's plenty of money in this country, remember quantitative easing? All £375 Billion of it? All to the banks who simply used it to speculate in the property, commodities and bonds markets. The only ones to benefit were the bankers and hedge fund managers, for the rest of us it simply increased the price of those necessary commodities. No £375 billion pounds could have revitalised this country for everyone not just the 1%. So personally I simply laugh, or I would if I wasn't crying at the hypocrisy, when Georgie boy tells me that labour just want to print money seeing as he's been doing it for years and giving it to his mates.

There's plenty of money in this country, remember quantitative easing? All £375 Billion of it? All to the banks who simply used it to speculate in the property, commodities and bonds markets. The only ones to benefit were the bankers and hedge fund managers, for the rest of us it simply increased the price of those necessary commodities. No £375 billion pounds could have revitalised this country for everyone not just the 1%. So personally I simply laugh, or I would if I wasn't crying at the hypocrisy, when Georgie boy tells me that labour just want to print money seeing as he's been doing it for years and giving it to his mates.

Am no economist but my thoughts were why not print off the money and pay government debts/deficit rather than put into system? Maybe a bit too simple, am sure there is an argument for quantitive easing.

Am no economist but my thoughts were why not print off the money and pay government debts/deficit rather than put into system? Maybe a bit too simple, am sure there is an argument for quantitive easing.

Because governments can borrow money very very cheaply, and the money can be put to better and more efficient use in investment in infrastructure which will provide a much greater return.

I wasn't disputing your statistics, just their relevance. Even your source admits its statistics are largely useless at judging an MPs contribution to parliament, which is what you were trying to infer from them.
I'll remember that next time anyone quote from those statistics. Oh wait a minute ;)

I'll remember that next time anyone quote from those statistics. Oh wait a minute ;)
You've a terrible record for selectively quoting or misinterpreting statistic JP, I wouldn't push this point much further if I were you ;)

Last edited:
You've a terrible record for selectively quoting or misinterpreting statistic JP, I wouldn't push this point much further if I were you ;)
I'm glad you find it important enough to keep a record. It is only terrible when you don't agree with it (y)

I'm glad you find it important enough to keep a record. It is only terrible when you don't agree with it (y)
Whilst I usually find myself disagreeing with virtually all your posts, I do feel you argue your points well :)

Whilst I usually find myself disagreeing with virtually all your posts, I do feel you argue your points well :)
Well perhaps 20% better than the next one :p (y) :kiss:

I was thinking of saying, "get a room you two" :p
But instead I'll say that it makes a pleasant change to see a polite exchange even if you are both at different poles (y)

"Bleedin' Poles. Comin''ere an' takin' all the decent jobs an' wimmin..."

There's some nice Polish women coming over here...

In fact, at a local stri... err watering hole.

Never had a complaint about me pole. Ok perhaps once but I got lost ;)

Pole in the wrong hol... Oops!!!

Well, well, well that was an interesting vote. So not all Labour is against the fiscal charter, or did they vote the way they did to be against Corbyn?

Back