What size monitors does everybody use ?

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm considering replacing my 23 inch Dell with a new monitor and wondered what size monitors people on the forum are using.

I know I can create cardboard templates to get a feel for the size but wondered if at some point "the bigger the better" gets overwhelming in real world use

All comments appreciated

13" Surface Book :) I thought I was odd, but then speaking to a very well respected UK wedding photographer recently he uses the exact same set up for all of his still image editing.

Quality of screen over size every day of the week.

My favourite is the 27" for PP though I still use a 17" laptop
in studio. When the later will not be running anymore, I will
replace it with a 21" desktop. Always looking for the highest
resolution and pixel density.

Just moved from 24" to 27". Have to say the extra screen real estate is nice, but if budget is a constraint, 24" would have done me for a while. I wanted other things (colour presentation capability). Looking at the 27" - I can't see me wanting bigger (esp as the 24" is next to it in a dual screen setup).

I have two 22" dell ones.

27" 2560x1440, with 24", secondary display. Perfect for my needs.

If I was to upgrade, I'd be looking at 4k 27", rather than a larger monitor.

21 inch. When I had a laptop, I used the laptop screen and a 18 inch Benq monitor which was much better as I only had the image on one screen and all the gubbins on the smaller screen.

Two Dell's one 23 in and one 25 in ( no space for a 27 hence the 25) if you have the space get a 27 and use 2 monitors

27" mac for desktop.
15" mac book pro for on the go.

Currently 27" iMac
Previously had 27" dell with 15" laptop

At work I have 2x 27" and a 13" MBP

Last edited:
27" Mac mainly.

Currently a 13" Surface Book (colour corrected). I keep looking at either a 5K iMac or separate good quality monitor to plug my laptop into. Will be interesting to read people's feedback here.

Main monitor is a Dell P2715Q (27", 4K), with a pair of Dell 2209WA, one either side.

27" 5K (5120 x 2880) Dell monitor (UP2715K) Lovely monitor but I don't think they make them anymore.

Thanks everyone for replying to my OP. It seems that 27 inches is the current preferred optimum. I did try sitting close to our 32 inch TV to give me a feel but it did seem slightly overwhelming, although I guess ultimately you can get used to it [emoji3]

Back