What sports have you covered?

You could always come down to our village festival next year for some egg yarping :D

... or ours for Soap Box Racing
20111022-152536-IMG3601-S.jpg

Last edited:
Not done snooker but have added a few such as Archery, Badminton, Judo and a few others.. Now at 45 different sports C=Commisioned, P=Published in press

Of that lot, what was the most difficult to get good shots? I'd imagine swimming is pretty tricky to get action shots:shrug:

Of that lot, what was the most difficult to get good shots? I'd imagine swimming is pretty tricky to get action shots:shrug:

Done swimmin a couple of times and have to say the only hard bit is the same for any indoor sport ie the lighting..

Hardest to get a picture was SQUASH.. he only place i could shoot from was high up behind the subjects (I htink thats the same for anyone?).. very rarely did i see there faces then you had to be quick.. even quicker if you wanted a good action shot with ball in picture.. The one I least like to shoot is American football.. they spend more time talking than playing..

The one I least like to shoot is American football.. they spend more time talking than playing..

I have to confess to being a big fan, I played a bit when younger and I'd love to shoot a pro match in the States. I've only done it once here when I came across a game unexpectedly and had 20 minutes or so at it before having to pad up for my cricket innings on the next field:). I will give it another go next season.

The one I least like to shoot is American football.. they spend more time talking than playing..

I like american football for that reason, you get time between plays so you can always move into position for the chance of a good shot. There's no slack time while play is at the other end of the field.
I tried working the same way the first time I shot rugby league, didn't work.....

well within half an hr of my location is world gravy wresteling(

WOW that gravy must be thick if you are going to wrestle with it :LOL:

I have covered World gravy wrestling LOL
305827_10150274469568387_673418386_7852557_1857371_n.jpg

I did volunteer to be the referee but I was beaten to the post by the 30 other blokes in the queue

Last edited:
Well I have been booked for a "santa dash" on the 2nd december.... its a race so it must count :)

To the North Pole or the Northend :p

Please post some photos when done. I think that could be fun.

Well it will be THREE new sports for me this week.. The santa dash as mentioned...Plus on Tuesday I am doing a schools NETBALL finals and on thursday a Boccia tournament... Hands up if like me you had to google that?

Well it will be THREE new sports for me this week.. The santa dash as mentioned...Plus on Tuesday I am doing a schools NETBALL finals and on thursday a Boccia tournament... Hands up if like me you had to google that?

I haven't googled it (yet) but is Boccia some kind of tennis like game that originates from the medditeranian?

ha! Someone will google it then post saying they knew all along :)

The game of Boccia (pronounced ‘Bot-cha’) originated in Greece, where players threw large stones at a stone target. Its name is derived from the Latin word for ball – bottia.

It was originally designed for people with severe cerebral palsy but is now enjoyed by players from many sectors of the community. In 1984 it became a Paralympic sport, and is being practiced in over 50 countries worldwide, from a purely recreational level to a variety of competitive events.

Isnt Botcha gay hide and seek :exit:
ha! Someone will google it then post saying they knew all along :)

The game of Boccia (pronounced ‘Bot-cha’) originated in Greece, where players threw large stones at a stone target. Its name is derived from the Latin word for ball – bottia.

It was originally designed for people with severe cerebral palsy but is now enjoyed by players from many sectors of the community. In 1984 it became a Paralympic sport, and is being practiced in over 50 countries worldwide, from a purely recreational level to a variety of competitive events.

Well apparently there is Christmas Pudding Race in London this Saturday when we have our Christmas meet Does that count? :D

Well apparently there is Christmas Pudding Race in London this Saturday when we have our Christmas meet Does that count? :D

if its got the word "race" in it :)

tell me its running wiht them and not how fast you can eat them ?

We used to play boccia as a kid never really knew it had a name but the large stone was usually a house and the main target were the glass bits. ;)

Well the boccia was amazing... not so much the sport but I ahd a great rewarding couple of hrs....sports hall full of primary school disabled children playing what can only be described as bowls.. but you can chuck lob toss or roll the ball.. I am doing the pics now and for once enjoying the PP .. The one stand out thing is... everyone is so happy.. I do a lot of kids sport and never seen so many happy faces :)

Well the boccia was amazing... not so much the sport but I ahd a great rewarding couple of hrs....sports hall full of primary school disabled children playing what can only be described as bowls.. but you can chuck lob toss or roll the ball.. I am doing the pics now and for once enjoying the PP .. The one stand out thing is... everyone is so happy.. I do a lot of kids sport and never seen so many happy faces :)
Probably the nicest days "work" I did was a riding for the disabled day, the participants (with various disabilities both physical and mental) were all happy and smiling as were ther helpers. They were fun to be around and I probably got asked to take as many pictures of them off the horses than on them!

C=Commisioned, P=Published in press

Rugby Union C,P
Rugby League C,P
Tag Rugby C,P
Football C,P
Cricket C,P
Lacrosse C
American Football C,P
Badminton C,P
Basketball (Men, Women, Youth) C,P
Ice Hockey (Men, Women, Youth) C,P
Inline Hockey C,P
Darts
Archery C,P
MMA (Cage Fights) C,P
Boxing C,P
Kick Boxing C,P
Karate
Kabaddi Wrestling C,P
Judo C,P
Motocross C,P
MX C,P
Trial Bikes C,P
Stock Cars P
Banger Racing
Hovercraft racing
Tennis
Table Tennis C,P
Netball C,P
Boccia C,P
Squash C,P
Handball C,P
Equestrain C,P
Bowls C,P
Jet Ski
Kite Surfing
Golf C,P
Swimming C,P
Athletics (Track and Field) C,P
SportsHall Athletics (Indoor) C,P
Cylce races C,P
Cyclo Cross C,P
BMX
Running (10k, Marathons, Cross Country) C,P
Mascots (Races, Events) P
Triatholons C,P
Powerlifting C,P

Added Netball and Boccia ... Now 46 different sports :)

Just done my first few hours covering the European Figure Skating Championships so now added figure skating to my list :)

49 Diff sports and not sure I got them all.. Also i ahve a list of sports I want to do but havent had the opportunity yet..

C=Commisioned, P=Published in press

Rugby Union C,P
Rugby League C,P
Tag Rugby C,P
Football C,P
Cricket C,P
Lacrosse C
American Football C,P
Badminton C,P
Basketball (Men, Women, Youth) C,P
Ice Hockey (Men, Women, Youth) C,P
Inline Hockey C,P
Darts
Archery C,P
MMA (Cage Fights) C,P
Boxing C,P
Kick Boxing C,P
Karate
Kabaddi Wrestling C,P
Judo C,P
Motocross C,P
MX C,P
Trial Bikes C,P
Stock Cars P
Banger Racing
Hovercraft racing
Tennis
Table Tennis C,P
Netball C,P
Boccia C,P
Squash C,P
Handball C,P
Rounders C,P
Equestrain C,P
Bowls C,P
Jet Ski
Kite Surfing
Golf C,P
Swimming C,P
Athletics (Track and Field) C,P
Gymnastics
SportsHall Athletics (Indoor) C,P
Cylce races C,P
Cyclo Cross C,P
BMX
Mounting Bikes C,P
Running (10k, Marathons, Cross Country) C,P
Mascots (Races, Events) P
Triatholons C,P
Powerlifting C,P

It makes my list of half a dozen sports look tame.. :( ;)

New one for me last weekend....

Australian Rules Football C.P

Kipax your list makes mine look so small :(
Rugby union
Sevens rugby
Football
Cricket
Show jumping
Trap racing
Motocross
Cycle speedway
Bowls
Boules
Karate
Handball
Archery

my list is old.. I will redo it this week :)

Mine is still

Football
Cricket
Golf
Boxing

Want to try out tennis and rugby at some point I guess

Out of those I think I prefer doing boxing most of all

Back