What was the last gig you went to?

Wow!!! Just seen these guys in a small pub in St Ives (Cambs) - http://www.officialwalkway.com/tour.html

Saw their last song at the Slade gig so on the back of that went to see them, they mainly tour East Anglia but do go further afield. A mix of their own stuff but also 70s and 80s covers - today was Rush, Leppard, Quo, GnR, Police, Van Halen, Deep Purple, Hendrix, Prince and were fantastic.

I go to live music events all the time... but I do have a part time career as a live sound engineer!

A Travelling Wilburys tribute band on Saturday and Jack Rabbit Slim's rockabilly band the week before.

Steve.

Last edited:
I saw Maddy Prior last Sunday at a tiny (250 seat) local venue. She and her two companions were superb, and she even came out and chatted to everyone during the interval [emoji3]

Last gig I went to was Turin Brakes a couple of weeks ago. £20 a ticket IIRC.

How they never made it big I'll never know (actually it was to do with 9/11)

Um....Queen, Kind of Magic tour, Wembley Stadium. Great concert but just can't be bothered with the expense and travelling any more.

I was there too.
Saw Queen a lot. :)

Saw one of my favourite bands from when O was in my 20's - "Four year strong" in April 15' which was a couple of months before my daughter was born.. not been to a show since :LOL:

Bruce Springsteen last year at Hampden Park in Glasgow. Going to see The Who on Friday at The Hydro in Glasgow. :)

Seasick Steve at Wembley Arena last year, Will see him again in Edinburgh in a fortnight, a wee bit closer to home this time .

Paul Weller last night at Doncaster Dome:

The upside is that his touring band is brilliant, and he was faultless.

The downside; he's. 'Musician' not a rock star, the set list contained loads of songs from a new album and a movie soundtrack, neither of which have been released yet.

Great tracks, but not exactly designed as crowd pleasers.

Philip Henry & Hanna Martin last month, a very modern folk duo and much enjoyed. A week before that we'd been to see a pretty good Led Zeppelin tribute band. The next one will be the Phil Beer Band in May. Being retired much of the real 'stars' are way out of our price range now.

Paul Weller last night at Doncaster Dome:

The upside is that his touring band is brilliant, and he was faultless.

The downside; he's. 'Musician' not a rock star, the set list contained loads of songs from a new album and a movie soundtrack, neither of which have been released yet.

Great tracks, but not exactly designed as crowd pleasers.

Saw him at the Cambridge Corn Exchange, maybe 10 years ago - seemed miserable, moaning about the acoustics. Great songs though.

Saw him at the Cambridge Corn Exchange, maybe 10 years ago - seemed miserable, moaning about the acoustics. Great songs though.
I've seen him > 10 times, he's best when he's got 'troubles' in his life, he can border on boring when he's happy and in love, but the band are always 'on point'. There's no one I've seen nearly as many times, just because he tours constantly. (R.E.M. 4, the Who 4, U2 4)

This weeks gig was odd partly because me and the mrs weren't really up for it either, I picked her up from the train station and we drove straight there, she'd been at meetings in London all day and I'd had a tough one too.

Bizarrely, we'll probably go to the (same) tour next year and see him in Leeds.

Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbot at Leeds arena. One of the best gigs I have been too.

Um....Queen, Kind of Magic tour, Wembley Stadium. Great concert but just can't be bothered with the expense and travelling any more.
I was at that. I didn't like the It's a Kind of Magic album. I preferred their earlier stuff. Support band Status Quo were good though.

Steve.

The Stones at Don Valley stadium in July '95, where did the hast 21 years go!!!

Paul Carrack in Rhyl a few weeks ago. Excellent.

Took photos at Omarion and Bobby V gig the other weekend, last gig as a punter was Jack Savoretti - small gig as part of Brits Week at Hoxton Hall (hadn't been before, very cool).

Next gig is TLC (minus the L) on 9th May and Ásgeir a couple of weeks later - both at Koko. Had thought about seeing Texas at my local venue, just cos it's easier, but for £50, I wasn't feeling it and I saw them on last show there (think it was last year).

Am hoping for a Robyn show this year!

Went to the Country 2 Country festival in March - saw lots of great country acts. Favourite new find being Drake White.

Just back from a gig with the collective at the Horseshoes, Shipston on Stour, and winding down before bed.

Went to see Evanescence at Hammersmith Apollo on Tuesday night and they were superb.
Amy Lee is one of the great live performers and rest of the band weren't too shabby either.

Forgot just how enjoyable a good gig can be and despite the time and cost involved its well worth making the effort every now and then..

Four Tops - Southport theatre late 70s I think

that was for me... for work done quite a lot in last few years.. thinking about it more than i thought .... Kathrine Jenkins, James Blunt and the like... I cover a blues festival every year with some decent acts... Best for me being Joan Armatrading

Manics at Camden Roundhouse when they played the 'Holy Bible' Set in the first half, 2nd half they played some of the 'Futurology' songs and beauty that is Georgia Ruth joined the band for 'Divine Youth'

Circa 2007/2008. Tribute band to the group "Journey"called Essential Journey at the Tackeroo Club in Hednesford. First time that I had been to a live gig and it was absolutely brilliant.

Went to see Steve Hackett at Oxford New Theatre a few weeks ago. Some of his solo stuff played in the first set was no the most appealing music I've heard, but the Genesis stuff (mainly Wind and Wuthering, celebrating its release 40-years ago) was epic!

Not music, but going to see Micky Flanagan a week on Saturday in Sheffield.
Me and a friend are making a weekend out of it. :)

Jeff Lynne's ELO next week. It will be the 3rd time I have seen them and the 5th time I have seen ELO in total.

Not music, but going to see Micky Flanagan a week on Saturday in Sheffield.
Me and a friend are making a weekend out of it. :)
Saw him the other year, you'll have a good night [emoji2]

Hubbys band a couple of months ago, Placebo at Leeds arena in December before that,sadly for the first time in god knows how many years i currently have nothing booked

The last gig I went to was at The Isle of Wight Festival where I was sound engineering the Kashmir Café stage.

Our special guests were Wheatus (Teenage Dirtbag) who were excellent.

A great bunch of people who set up quickly and efficiently with no prima donna nonsense which some acts exhibit.

Other great bands out of the 44 we had that weekend were The Sail Pattern, Plastic Mermaids and the incredible Tankus The Henge.

Steve.

Last edited:
UFO last October. Going to Jeff Lynne's ELO in a few months. May do the Sunday of Ramblin' Man Fair to see ZZ Top UFO Magnum and quite a few other bands on the day's billing.
I saw UFO before they became major artists back in the mid 70s

I went to the Sidmouth folk festival last year, mainly to see Steeleye Span

Ron Sexsmith at Holmfirth Picturedrome, great venue , holds about 600 though I'd say there were about 400 there on the night, if you wanted a picture you could just walk up and take one
sexy2.jpeg

I'm done with arenas and stadiums , the big names are just in it for the money with no atmosphere, went to see U2 at man city ground a few years ago , at the side high up in the stands, flat as a pancake.

I'm done with arenas and stadiums , the big names are just in it for the money with no atmosphere, went to see U2 at man city ground a few years ago , at the side high up in the stands, flat as a pancake

Always preferred smaller venues like Hammersmith Odeon/Apollo and the Rainbow, actually see and here the band.
Really disliked the Empire Pool, sound was awful there although thinking about it Earls Court was even worse.

Never been to the O2 or any of the 20k capacity arenas, look a bit cavernous though and nothing like another of my favourites the Marquee

Back