What was the last gig you went to?

Last gig was Jeff Lynne's ELO last year. Giving them a miss this year as silly prices for not very good seats left.
But this year is looking very busy for us, Nickleback, Iron Maiden, and Jeff Wayne' s War of the Worlds were already booked last year. Last night I booked tickets for Steve Hackett and his Genesis Revisited tour and also Def Leppard / Cheap Trick.

Cleethorpes Jazz festival 1968 i think ;)

Michael Jackson at Milton Keynes, supported by Kim Wilde, on a date. Wouldn't do it again on all counts, even if I could. :LOL:

Would love to see Tool live but they don't tour this side of The Pond, maybe one day.

Last gig was Jeff Lynne's ELO last year. Giving them a miss this year as silly prices for not very good seats left.
But this year is looking very busy for us, Nickleback, Iron Maiden, and Jeff Wayne' s War of the Worlds were already booked last year. Last night I booked tickets for Steve Hackett and his Genesis Revisited tour and also Def Leppard / Cheap Trick.
Just added 2 Cellos at Audley End House in July to this year's list.

Just added 2 Cellos at Audley End House in July to this year's list.
Now added Hollywood Vampires at Wembley Arena with The Darkness and The Damned as support.
Just need to see if my sons are interested in Joe Satriani's G3 at the Cliffs Pavilion in Southend now.

Given up on the larger venues but over the past few months have seen Phil Beer (from Show of Hands) & Martyn Joseph at my Local venue Theatre Mwldan Cardigan, both excellent gigs and £15 a ticket.

Went to see the David Bowie experience and was a little sceptical before the show, but completey overwhelmed at the end, it really was just like being at Bowie concert back in 73 amazing

Not quite in the same league as other gigs on here but just seen the Stereophonics at the SSE Hydro on saturday past.......very enjoyable!

Saw Nickleback at the O2 the other week. Brilliant gig and plenty of crowd interaction. Next gig will be Hollywood Vampires (Alice Cooper, Jonny Depp etc) at Wembley Arena, then Iron Maiden at the O2.
Just read that next year is UFO's 50th year and next year' planned tour will be Phil Moggs final tour as at the age of 70 he would like to retire. Tour dates to be announced but I certainly plan on going to at least one of the gigs.

Hollywood Vampires last night at SSE Arena Wembley. Support acts were The Damned and the Darkness. Due to traffic we missed most of The Damned's set, but the rest of the night was brilliant. A surprise Hawkins walked on stage and introduced The Darkness, Taylor Hawkins from Foo Fighters. The Darkness were 1st class, Justin Hawkins a very entertaining frontman. If you like rock music and get a chance to see Hollywood Vampires (Alice Cooper, Jonny Depp and Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry) go see them, paying homage to musicians who have passed away, it is a shame the set wasn't longer.

Seem to be spending most of our time and cash lately on European city breaks, Nightwish at Wembley in December is the only one pencilled in so far

Went to download earlier this month to mostly see Guns n Roses and was rather disappointed. That being said, Black Stone Cherry were so good we've already booked tickets for them in december

Went to download earlier this month to mostly see Guns n Roses and was rather disappointed. That being said, Black Stone Cherry were so good we've already booked tickets for them in december

My two sons and a couple of mates went to Download and really enjoyed. Already making plans for next year.

Went to see thw Foo Fighters at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday night, best gig ive been to in a while.

Saw Suzanne Vega a few weeks back, haven't got anything booked until a performance by the London Philharmonic of works by Reich, but that's not until next year.

I always miss Iron Maiden when they come round, nearly 30 years since I saw them.

Next gig is Alison Krauss in Edinburgh end of October. Looking forward to that a lot, amazing performer.

Lucky bugger! Been to see them twice, in Dublin and London, awesome each time. Have a ball \m/_
Certainly had a ball, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Not so sure about the 20 something lad and his dad that were next to me, they barely moved throughout the whole show. I was beginning to think someone had planted a couple of mannequins next to me.

Certainly had a ball, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Not so sure about the 20 something lad and his dad that were next to me, they barely moved throughout the whole show. I was beginning to think someone had planted a couple of mannequins next to me.

Nice one, do you remember what the encores were? They did Aces High, The Evil That Men Do and Running Free the last we saw of them, oh and a chirpy version of 'Always look on the bright side of life' :D

There will always be stick in the mud participants, I actually got into an argument with a bloke at the Dublin gig a few years earlier. He accused me of hitting off of his equally boring gf as everyone was jumping about [we were standing at that one, sitting in the London O2] He wasn't long backing down I tell ya! :D

Nice one, do you remember what the encores were? They did Aces High, The Evil That Men Do and Running Free the last we saw of them, oh and a chirpy version of 'Always look on the bright side of life' :D

There will always be stick in the mud participants, I actually got into an argument with a bloke at the Dublin gig a few years earlier. He accused me of hitting off of his equally boring gf as everyone was jumping about [we were standing at that one, sitting in the London O2] He wasn't long backing down I tell ya! :D
Encore was,
The Evil That Men Do
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run To The Hills
and Always Look on The Bright Side of Life was played as people made their way out.
As the lights dimmed for the start of the show, Doctor Doctor by UFO was played, I would say most people were singing along. As we were driving home, my sons wondered how many knew who UFO were, I said I didn't think the pair next to me knew who Iron Maiden were. ;)
I know not everyone likes to get carried away, but these two sat pretty much motionless all night, hands in their laps.

Last band I saw at a major event was Fleetwood Mac in 2015 at the O2 arena with Christine McVee back in the fold. Absolutely brilliant.
Last festival was Glastonbury in 2005, unfortunately, it was losing its magic by then, so we haven’t been since.

Encore was,
The Evil That Men Do
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run To The Hills
and Always Look on The Bright Side of Life was played as people made their way out.
As the lights dimmed for the start of the show, Doctor Doctor by UFO was played, I would say most people were singing along. As we were driving home, my sons wondered how many knew who UFO were, I said I didn't think the pair next to me knew who Iron Maiden were. ;)
I know not everyone likes to get carried away, but these two sat pretty much motionless all night, hands in their laps.

Souless place and those two might have been a bit livelier standing at somewhere like the Hammersmith Odeon, sorry Apollo as it now is.
Iron Maiden are so big now that they have outgrown the early days at Hammersmith and long before that the pub at Maryland Point or the Ruskin Arms
Speaking of UFO, I seem to recall IM in the very early days doing a rather decent version of Doctor, Doctor and Stray's, All In Your Mind
AC/DC were also better early on at places like the Marquee, everyone standing and hot as hell

Last edited:
Gary Numan at the Anvil, Basingstoke a couple of weeks ago. Hadn't seen him live since the mid 80s but he's bounced back with some good music the last few years.

Last weekend Cambridge Folk Festival Excellent line up, great weather, 14000 people having a great time. Discovered some outstanding up and coming acts such as Darlingside, Birds of Chicago, Robert Vincent, John Smith and many more.

Nice one, do you remember what the encores were? They did Aces High, The Evil That Men Do and Running Free the last we saw of them,
The Evil That Men Do was a new release the last time I saw them!

I went to a new club in Bournemouth a couple of weeks ago, where a band were having some kind of promo night with a few reserved tables for VIPs. They were pretty poor, until all the VIPs left, then the rest of the gathering got into and the band livened up. I don't think they'll go far.

Back