What Was Your Best Christmas Present?

Enough of my favourite chocolates to last me until next year! :naughty:

A new Chroma Cube pinhole camera to play with when it stops raining!

We don't do presents per se, we tend to just treat ourselves to something that we probably wouldn't buy normally. I treated myself to the new Kindle Paperwhite.

I got a demineralisation unit for washing the car without any spotting.

I suppose a cheap (£21) mechanical watch I bought for someone else to give me. It arrived before Christmas and I ended up giving it to myself :D Other than that, a book which I bought for someone to give me :D

Last edited:
Its been as long time since we've done presents. After years of getting expensive crap I think not to bother and spending time together instead is much more fun.

Do both, spend time together but instead of buying crap (cheap or expensive) give something that you know or are fairly sure they'll want or will use or maybe something that'll bring a touch more fun and happiness even if only on the day.

If you talk to and listen to those close to you during the year you'll very likely pick up on things they need or want and perhaps wont buy for themselves. That's what my prezzie buying is based on. If someone truly wants for nothing there's time together and you can decide together how you're going to donate the money you can spare because you haven't spent it on crap.

Do both, spend time together but instead of buying crap (cheap or expensive) give something that you know or are fairly sure they'll want or will use or maybe something that'll bring a touch more fun and happiness even if only on the day.

If you talk to and listen to those close to you during the year you'll very likely pick up on things they need or want and perhaps wont buy for themselves. That's what my prezzie buying is based on. If someone truly wants for nothing there's time together and you can decide together how you're going to donate the money you can spare because you haven't spent it on crap.

Time is for us, something we don't have a great deal of as a family as far ,more important, to us

Time is for us, something we don't have a great deal of as a family as far ,more important, to us

It's the same for us all lucky enough to have loved ones.

Sorry, but the whole we don't buy crap we spend time with each other line is just cliché to me. I sort of know what you're saying but at the same time I see that view as cliché and it's not how I live my life as we're all either counting time or if we're lucky enough to have loved ones around us looking at someone who means something to us counting time. I'm glad for birthdays and Christmas and any other occasion on which life can be made a little better and if you have some objection to Christmas or the exchanging of gifts, as above, donate or even better donate and act like you've got the Christmas giving spirit every day, and giving doesn't have to involve Amazon or ebay, it can be time and love.

Last edited:
It's the same for us all lucky enough to have loved ones.

Sorry, but the whole we don't buy crap we spend time with each other line is just cliché to me. I sort of know what you're saying but at the same time I see that view as cliché and it's not how I live my life as we're all either counting time or if we're lucky enough to have loved ones around us looking at someone who means something to us counting time. I'm glad for birthdays and Christmas and any other occasion on which life can be made a little better and if you have some objection to Christmas or the exchanging of gifts, as above, donate or even better donate and act like you've got the Christmas giving spirit every day, and giving doesn't have to involve Amazon or ebay, it can be time and love.
You’re really sanctimonious aren’t you. Where did I suggest others shouldn’t give gift? Or said I don’t choose to give to charity instead. I was asked and said whAt we do. But you've chosen to be a cock. Why?

Last edited:
Every year we tell one another not to go overboard on presents, we both like to have a little something to open along with the kids [not exactly young kids anymore at 14 and 17 but they still get excited for Christmas!] - And every year we go over board, think we might have over done it this year more so because we've had a s***ty 2 years of illnesses, bad news, family deaths etc ... so why not!?

I got: A new monitor for the PC, a Tassimo coffee maker, decent set of headphones [Soundcore Q30] 2x Jeans and 2 zip up hoodies [all I ever wear in work] - A pair of boots, decent after shave, a framed Kurt Cobain print, a set of pc speakers and the usual shave/deoderant sets

Would have to say the monitor trumps the rest but I also love the coffee machine and the rock print [I'm planning on doing a 'rock wall' in the hallway since we painted it up, both of us are into very similar music and we both love the idea [think vinyl and CDs we loved with some classic artwork and print, bit like a Hardrock cafe wall]

Last edited:
Best Christmas present to me? preparing a feast for, and spending time with my kids, their OH's,
and spoiling my Granddaughter.

(oh and putting the house back together after she left :D )

From the late teenage kids I had Wahl hair clippers, Really nice Firetrap hoodie, some beers, Toblerone. Other half bought me a nice Ikea ergonomic style chair which is lovely [online, I daren't go to the shop!] a pinup girls calendar :love: a few little bits & some money - I want to get a PD Capture Clip I think.... The rest I might just save for now in my 'camera fund' as there isn't really anything else I want.

Best Christmas present to me? preparing a feast for, and spending time with my kids, their OH's,
and spoiling my Granddaughter.

(oh and putting the house back together after she left :D )
I'm the cook of the house here too, I also love doing Christmas dinner - just the 4 of us this year but it's all I needed. The place looked like a bomb had gone off by Stephen's day but we've all mucked in on that score and it's [kinda] back to normal again :D Also did fried left over stir fry yesterday that went down a treat - still have plenty of turkey/ham/sausage stuffing left over, might do a curry with it all tomorrow (y) Took a break from Turkey this eve and did Tacos instead :D

Last edited:
2 kids, spouses and our granddaughter all here for the day. First time for several years.
Had a great day.
We do secret santa max £20. Mine was a pair of swimming goggles! (I'm a useless swimmer)

I got a witches hat and a cauldron from son-in-law o_O:LOL:
Ha! we got our 14yr old daughter a cauldron and a witch mug :D - she's into that kinda thing though, the couldron is actually a burner for scented oils/wax tarts

Ha! we got our 14yr old daughter a cauldron and a witch mug :D - she's into that kinda thing though, the couldron is actually a burner for scented oils/wax tarts

My cauldron is a scented candle, witches hat is apparently in a wine glass.
I have always had a broomstick as the vehicle on my satnav too

wh.jpg

Nice, here's Emily's cauldron and a dragon icicle thingy we just though was cool to go with :)

Lovely, especially love the dragon.
Bet she is really pleased

Lovely, especially love the dragon.
Bet she is really pleased

Yeah she loved them, we also have a Mural[?] to go up on her 'black wall' with led lights to go in behind [giant mythical tree type thing] The mug she got is pretty much a pair of the cauldron, just has 'Witches Brew' on front, and just one handle.

Last edited:
I did really well this year. Three different Triumph tops, tickets to see my favourite comedian, motorbike cleaning stuff, the usual sweet and smelly things, and not one, but two Mandalorian helmets. Yes I am a big Star Wars fan!

92472F51-D2C8-46CD-97B1-5C67A5E6C0E0.jpeg

I got Datacolo(u)r SpyderX photo kit, 1 x 5 minutes to do a laptop and 3 x 5 minutes for three monitors.

Not the most expensive 20 minutes of my life but still pretty expensive!

It’s so rare that I get the oportunity to have a little boast; but my amazing hubby went totally f’ing nuts and pre-ordered me a Nikon Z 100-400mm S series lens. Hoping to have it in my mitts very soon! :) :) :) :)

I feel so spoilt rotten, but it’s pretty much the perfect focal range, and weight for me to handle. I previously tried a Tamron 150-600mm with my FtZ, but it was just too heavy for my shoulders (I have a whole bunch of physical disabilities).

Back