whats your favourite lens?

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
was wondering what peoples fav lenses are if you was just heading out for a mooch and want a lightweight set up i tend to grab my 35mm 1.8 asf dx probably one of my cheaper lenses but pin sharp and awsum bokeh
looking at a 50mm version next
so whats yours ??

Tamron 17-50 non vc on my d90. If you have the 35mm not sure if you need the 50mm as well. Since I have bought my Tamron I sold the 50mm and the 35mm has not been in the camera.

was thinking the 50mm 1.8 af so can swap between film and digital sorry should of said as dont use the 35 on my f90
sounds nice what aperture are they ?

Last edited:
The Tamron is f2.8.

For a mooch about it's the 23mm f2 fixed to my X100.

Ummm ... I've only got one lens. So I guess that makes it my favourite! It's a 35mm Summarit.

Last edited:
Another vote for the 35 art

500 F4 - if I am mooching then I am looking for wildlife and I am used to the size / weight now. It's just one of those things that you get used to. It makes most other lenses seen light and easy to carry - the 300 F4 or 70-200 F2.8 are lovely and light when a zoo / wildlife park trip comes up :)

I am the same as you Dave, my 500mm goes everywhere with me, plus like you say you get so that you do not notice the weight of it, got a selection of lens
but its the 500mm that gets most use, so that makes it my favourite lens.

Depends which system and the situation/subject. If I had to pick just one system and one lens, it would probably be the Fuji XF 18-135 lens on the X-T1.

My favourite for a mooch is the 24-120 I find it very sharp and versatile but if I'm specifically doing landscapes I try and leave my 16-35 on I've recently bought the Nikon 80-400 af-s to try some wildlife and I never thought I'd basically I'm blown away! The other 2 are sharp but this 80-400 is sharper than sharp I absolutely love it! It really makes me want to give wildlife a good go at!
I've also got the 50mm 1.8 but haven't really used it!

Overall I love my whole kit when I first started out I wouldn't have thought I'd ever end up with the kind of kit I've got now but always said this was my dream kit and I can't see me parting or changing anything about it

Sony A7 and Voigtlander CV40 :) Lovely small set up and lighter than a pint of cider :)
I'll also vote the 135L even though I've not used it or the 5D2 since getting the A. - Lovely look and rendering from that lens.

All-time favourite is the Canon 85f1.2, creates pure magic ! Now shooting Nikon, the 300f4 PF is getting close for it's incredible abilities.

70-200mm f2.8 VRII without question. On a sling strap you barely notice the weight.

Easy peasy… my Nikon f/2 135mm DC on a D700 , just love the DOF & bokeh it produces for portraits.

Ive only had a few lenses, but by far my favourite is the 'older' Nikon 28-70 2.8 ED - weighs a tonne but the IQ is simply magnificent.

Tough question, I think my 85mm 1.4D is my favourite with the Sigma 35mm 1.4 in a very close second. I love images from both but the 85mm makes me feel happier when i use it so it won :LOL:

My favourite lens for a mooch is an old Nikon 18-70. Lovely little lens.

I got a old 24 to 80 I also like use mainly on film though
Though I do love my 300 f4 oh god I think I also like them all ...
But for now will stick to 35 1.8

panasonic 12-32, amazing for the size and starts nice and wide. the other 2 lenses I would think about taking are the olympus 9-18 and the 45mm. I did like my tamron 17-50 when I had a nikon, but after comparing the vc and non-vc in the shop, went for the VC as I couldn't see any of the reported extra sharpness in the non-vc.

Back