whats your favourite lens?

Carl Zeiss 2/35 Distagon :)
Rarely gets much in the way of plaudits but it's a superb performer

It used to be 100mm macro L IS, but now I'm swayed towards 16-35mm f/4 L IS. Brilliant bit of glass.
The 16-35/4 is possibly Canon's best value for money offering at the moment.

For me?....hard to choose between Canon's 200/2 IS and Zeiss' 135/2 Apo Sonnar.

Bob

My favourite lens for a mooch is an old Nikon 18-70. Lovely little lens.

Interesting choice, most people write this lens off because it was a kit lens and now can easily be had for well under £100. It is in fact a decent quality lens and for me it is a 'keeper' in the DX bag.

My favourite lens is the Sony 35mm f2.8 so tiny and the sunshade is not even noticeable just a great package.

Nikkor 105mm f2.5 pre AI.

My favourite lens for a mooch is an old Nikon 18-70. Lovely little lens.
Interesting choice, most people write this lens off because it was a kit lens and now can easily be had for well under £100. It is in fact a decent quality lens and for me it is a 'keeper' in the DX bag.

The 18-70 kit lens is the only autofocus lens I own which I have on a D3200. It's better than the term 'kit lens' now represents.

Steve.

Last edited:
My go to is the 35L, in almost every situation where reach is not a factor, it just never fails to let me down.

My favourite lens is the Sony 35mm f2.8 so tiny and the sunshade is not even noticeable just a great package.

I'm looking for one of those at the moment & hoping it will then replace the FE55 - I find the 55mm too tight after getting so used to 40mm

35mm Summilux ASPH. The way it shows the light can sometimes be so beautiful! Shout out to the dinky yet awesome 50mm 1.8G Nikon lens also. So impressive for its size (in SLR terms)

Fuji 10-24mm
I've read in some reviews it can be soft at the edges , how have you found it ? I'll know soon enough I'm picking one up from Calumet tomorrow :)

I used to like zooms but since getting the 23mm 1.4, that is definitely my favourite.

I suppose I should add my favourites for other systems too.

On Nikon FF, the Nikko 24-120 f/4 covers most bases and is plenty sharp enough for my needs (prints to A3+ from SOOC JPEGs).

On Nikon 1 series, the Nikkor 70-300 VR gives huge reach and decent quality files - see above.

The Nikon AW1 has the 11-27.5 all but welded to it - no lens changes = less chance of leakage!

Sigma 35 art for me too. Look forward to their 85mm and 135mm's in the future.

Its a tough one really, got to be one of either 24-105, 70-200 or 300 F4. Had some really good images off all these lenses so far.

I'm lovin the 45mm Oly.

on my FF 35mm 1.4 L, it hardly ever left the camera.

Going for a similar focal length as i transition to the Fuji system

Sony/Zeiss 135mm 1.8. Wow, just wow.

I will cry a little if Sony don't come up with a way to get the A mount screw driven stuff to work natively on the a7RII.

after my purchuse today might change my mind ....
nikon 50mm 1.8 d

Nikon 85mm 1.4 D - love how this lens renders, awesome for people shots. Although I prefer a 35mm focal length (FF) for general shooting. I'm looking to pick the 35mm f2 D at some point.

Easy answer - the 135 f2
If I'm shooting people then it's a no-brainer as the results always look amazing.
I've used it for landscapes too; a bit of a challenge but I can't argue with the results.

I usually pair the 135 f2 with the X30.
The 135 f2 does the dreamy cinema look, and the X30 always gets everything in frame pin sharp. The X30 image quality is more than good enough for any possible use the results are likely to get.
Best of both worlds :)

+1 for the 500mm f/4 here.

Rarely (read never) off of my 1dIV!

Nikon 50mm 1.4 D on my D7000 - makes every subject look amazing!!

Canon 70-200 f4 IS. By far the sharpest Lens I have (incl other L glasses and few primes) and not too heavy as compared to the 2.8 - highly recommended

For shear versatility its my 24-105mm, but I love running with my 35mm IS, makes anything beautiful!

I like my 24-105L but recently got a 70-300L and now I know what sharp can be. Just waiting for Sigma to produce an earth shattering 24-70, or thereabouts, Art with IS, preferably f2.8, and I'll be in hog heaven.

Canon 24-105 is my favourite and most used now, on a crop sensor the Canon 10-22 was my favourite, more for the fun photos you could get with it.

was wondering what peoples fav lenses are if you was just heading out for a mooch and want a lightweight set up i tend to grab my 35mm 1.8 asf dx probably one of my cheaper lenses but pin sharp and awsum bokeh
looking at a 50mm version next
so whats yours ??
Simple. The one I need to get the shot in after.

For a lightweight setup I grab my Oly EP-5 micro 4/3 camera with 75mm Oly prime lens: fantastic IQ and creamy bokeh - best lens I have. If wide angle needed, I take Oly 9-18mm zoom.

Back