whats your favourite lens?

Zeiss 1.7 50 Planar

It just feels right.

The one I have on my camera :)

Probably the canon 24-105 as this is my general walkabout lens so is the one that's on my camera most of the time

Canon FDn 35mm f2 manual focus. (Or the older radioactive one if your only doing B/W). Sublime.

Really hard to pick one lens but in the summer I love going for a wander with just my 100L macro and 7D2 to search for insects
Fantastic lens and the IS is so good that I can travel light and not need a tripod or flash

Last edited:
On my Nikon FF bodies, it has to be my Tamron 150-600 f/5-6.3 Di VC USD. No zoom this relatively cheap has the right to be so good, and impressively tack sharp at 600mm and wide open. it's a giggle.

For my M4/3 system, although I have some really nice lenses, the one I always come back to is my Olympus 12-40 F2.8 Pro. It's a belter !

My favourite all round lens, that lives mostly on my 5D mk2 is the Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L. Its a heavy, but best al rounder, good quality and general zoom range.

Liking my Sigma 105 Macro lens I recently purchased, for use on my D750.

number 1: EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II - well, there's no need to explain why
number 2: EF 24mm f/2.8 IS - beautiful amazingly sharp lens - little gem from Canon here.
number 3: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro
number 4: Sigma 35mm f/1.4 'Art'

But I still have much love for my old 50mm f/1.8 II lens. In some ways I still prefer it to the 1.4

My £150 bargain Canon 28-70 2.8L

It's amazingly sharp and takes great outdoor pictures. It's on my 5Dii majority of the time when out and about..

Now that was a good deal!

Tell me about it..!

One of them facebook for sale sites, guy was 30mins away. At first I thought he didn't know what he had, but he was a genuine guy.

It's a little stiff to get from 28-35 but doesn't bother me.

Lehmann will service it, but I don't need it seriously enough to spend that much yet..

My old Nikon 80-200 F2.8 ED push/pull... they don't make lenses like it anymore and whilst it weighs a ton I love that about it (maybe not so much at the end of a whole day shooting a wedding!). I just can't see any reason to replace it with a modern version as the images from it are pin sharp and it feels like it will outlast me.

Back