What's your 'pet-hate' in a photograph?

Isn't that theoretically text speak?

No, just a commonly accepted acronym on web based message forums.

txt spk s whn y rmv ll th vwls frm wrds t shrtn th sntnc
Translated : text speak is when you remove all the vowels from words to shorten the sentence, or you replace words with numbers (2 instead of to), etc. This is basically to comply with SMS limits on the number of characters you're allowed. Something now translated over to the web via twitter.

Pictures of noble beasts such as lions and apes, where the photographer has pointed down at them to take the shot, thus making them look meek and subservient.

I hate it when members can't take a very funny joke from the mods and start swearing at them and consequently get banned

OMG, you grumpy lot. Maybe you should all take a break from photography. Between you, every single post on the forum is disliked.

dont think i'll ever post a photo again, i'm guilty of most of the pet peeves mentioned so far! :LOL:

thank god no one's mentioned cats......... yet ;)

I hate it when members can't take a very funny joke from the mods and start swearing at them and consequently get banned

No no no...I really love it when that happens...lol

It's like watching a train crash in slow motion...:LOL:

It was pretty funny just a shame the mods delete it and don't leave it for our amusement

Too much............:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Great Capture.

Ade

dont think i'll ever post a photo again, i'm guilty of most of the pet peeves mentioned so far! :LOL:

thank god no one's mentioned cats......... yet ;)

Pets...;) Did that...:p

Bloody hell, I'm fairly new to this photography lark but I think I'll just go and delete my photo hard drive now! I'm sure every photo I've ever taken fits into one of these categories :D

hey I've been at it (photography that is!) for years and so do mine! :D

people who brag of they have the best gear available and dont no how to use it LOL........ when some people take fantastic pics with budget equipment and cant afford nothing better but make do and are happy with what they have....
Photography is not always about having the best equipment

I don't really hate anything to be honest. Too much of an ageing hippy I guess :shrug:

People that think post processing is the work of the devil.
Doing more than a few tweeks in photoshop is more than acceptable if it improves a good picture.

also the need to state that pics should be good before photoshopping and not just get fixed after ;)

I have a number of pet hates but there are two which top my list.

Firstly, A Level photography students who think their camera phone is up to the job just because it has 8 megapixels!!!

Secondly, bad use / missing punctuation in threads - especially apostrophes! (this is somewhat tongue in cheek but it does irritate the teacher side of me :bang:)

Cheers

Spooky

I agree........... Bad grammer/wrong word choice like there, their and they're :bang:

Photography wise I cannot really comment due to my photography skills not being as good as I would like.:thumbsdown:

I personally dont find transport very interesting..... I know there is definately a skill in getting a good/in-focus shot of a fighter jet or a fast moving car but I just find find it very dull.

Mild HDR is OK but I'm generally not a fan of HDR... especially over done, unrealistic ones.:nono:

Please can we not turn this into a thread about grammar and spelling etc. It's counter productive, causes unnecessary arguments and has absolutely nothing to do the the thread topic.

1) The "essential" red item in a landscape to catch the judge's eye in a competition
2) Judges (no, I know they're not in the photograph, but I had to get it in somewhere!)
3) The use of monochrome when colour would have been much better (almost always!)
4) The religious use of thirds, even when it doesn't suit the composition.

White backgrounds. :exit:

Seriously, am I the only one who finds them tacky and boring?

I'm semi with you on this, but there is a real art to a good one - you really have to make the most of the family poses / smiles and try and even influence props / clothes...there is a lot of scope for creativity in that white void.

G.

Back