When this is all over?

Depends on when it is and the weather.
Probably for me a bit of Raptor photography some place.

I'll be out with my macro set up.... hopefully they'll be some summer left.....but who knows

Now im not wasting hours commuting every day Ive got time to go to the moor, the woods and the beach besides crawling around the garden with the macro so Im not in a hurry.

The Zoo

Anywhere beyond the garden walls

It seems likely to be about 8+ weeks., so June/July before threstrictions are lifted.

We were going to move to France this year but this seems unlikely now. Maybe later in the year or early next year.
I've had to cancel Fire Club so that should be fun with later sunsets.
Beltane has been cancelled but there looks to be moves afoot to do something special at Midsummer.

Our usual Somerset haunts & certainly going back to Wales! We went to the Brecon's for a few days earlier this month so that was just in time!! Holiday isn't until August.

As a first escape, up onto the moor or down to the beach. Then, as soon as practicably possible, to Crete.

First off down to Dartmoor, though I doubt very much if Nod will see me. I tend to avoid people when I'm there (................!!!!:eek:). Our annual fortnight in Wester Ross has been cancelled but our booking moved to next year (lovely people :clap:)

I'm lucky in that I live on 120 acres of country estate (it's not mine, I live and work on it). But somehow it does still feel a bit weird not being able to just hop into the car and go somewhere. So when all of this is over with, I'll just pop out to some local woods, for a mooch around.

I was hoping to get out into the hills while the bluebells are still there.

Mrs WW was hoping to get home to Thailand to see her friends and family and to renew her passport but that may not be possible now. I wasn't due to go but hoped to get a few days out while she's away, nothing too far away, just up into the hills would do nicely.

I doubt very much if Nod will see me. I tend to avoid people when I'm there

You know it makes sense!!! ;)

There are a few occasions when I visit where Mum and Dad and also Grandpa are sprinkled up there so hopefully I can get up there for St George's day (Grandpa's birthday), failing that, maybe June 24th for Mum's. I'll settle for just standing on some rocks up there on any day though!

I'll just be relieved if we can all get through this safely.
You and me both Bob frankly mate I'd be beyond thrilled.

Oh and if this stops before oct I want to see my hares. We managed ,two trips this year and then lock down , It's the hardest thing having some spare time and not being able to play image making. especially now this time of year when so much is happening in their world . I'd hoped to get the camper up to speed and get away on a few trips to see wildlifie but having no job now I'll have time but no money,so probably that's gone pete tong aswell.

But yeah Bob coming out the otherside of this with us orrible lot intact and all our loved ones will do me just fine. ;)

take care

stu

My kingfisher, no if, no buts, I'm there!

So when we finally get through this crisis where are you heading with your camera?

I plan to get creative, just hope I don't get too sidetracked.

I've got a little list of standalone buildings and monuments in London I want to checkout. My aim is to stand up close and take 2 or 3 shots portrait orientation then stitch them together giving some pleasing distortion, a sort of squashed panorama.

(Not quite the same thing but along a similar train of thought, yesterday I took a pic of a car with a fisheye lens then cropped it in half. I tried a pano but it came out the opposite to what I was after)

Hmmmm

Probably Snowdonia. One thing is for certain, it’ll have to be early in the morning as places like The Lakes, Snowdonia, Glencoe etc are going to be rammed. If there is any Easyjet etc left flying aeroplanes then I’d love to revisit Berlin.

Truth be told though, I’ll be happy to be able to go anywhere that’s not either work, Aldi or my back garden.

Can’t see tourism by air starting up again for a few years , and gut feeling says that cruise ship holidays will be a forgotten pastime .. if we get a bit of freedom back by mid summer it would be nice to get down the beach . only 10 miles for me to talacre

I don't know.
What makes it even more frustrating is that with the conditions and circumstances of the crisis there are a lot of things that need documenting right now, and we can't do it!

As a first escape, up onto the moor or down to the beach. Then, as soon as practicably possible, to Crete.

We've moved our Crete booking back, party for Kates condition and now the Crisis, but we will be in Gouves as soon as Kaye's health and this nightmare is over.

I've been watching some street photography videos by a guy called Samuel Linhoff and it's made me want to shoot more street. Watching him walk through busy streets is a little therapeutic at the moment. I'm not a city slicker by any stretch but I do have a couple of different cities no more than an hour away

If anybody has any other recommendations for street youtube channels i'm all ears!

Finally complete west coast of Ireland sailing trip, Sail by day, island & coastal pubs 'n restaurants by night. A waterproof camera on a neoprene wrist lanyard - just in case I spill the Guinness. :LOL:

Last edited:
Back