where to develop

bastic

A star
Name
Lukas
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey all.
been out of the loop for a longer while ... where do you send your film to be developed those days ?
I used to use UK film lab but they moved to CA...

Hey all.
been out of the loop for a longer while ... where do you send your film to be developed those days ?
I used to use UK film lab but they moved to CA...

You can still use CFL via a UK address (though I believe they were on hold for a while, not sure whether they're back up and running), and @skysh4rk and others still swear by them for quality. A lot of the rest of us use Filmdev for process and scan (C41 and BW in 135 or 120), or either AG or Peak for process-only (both also do scans bu they get quite expensive). Look at the nifty dev pricing tool in the first post of the thread David referred you to, for some idea of comparative costs... but check up yourself before ordering, as the spreadsheet may be out of date).

You can still use CFL via a UK address (though I believe they were on hold for a while, not sure whether they're back up and running), and @skysh4rk and others still swear by them for quality. A lot of the rest of us use Filmdev for process and scan (C41 and BW in 135 or 120), or either AG or Peak for process-only (both also do scans bu they get quite expensive). Look at the nifty dev pricing tool in the first post of the thread David referred you to, for some idea of comparative costs... but check up yourself before ordering, as the spreadsheet may be out of date).

They still are closed at the moment due to health issues I believe. I second the recommendation for Filmdev though, they might not be up to the standard of Canadian Film Lab, but they are perfectly ok for everyday use. For speed and price, I don't think anyone else comes close tbh!

They still are closed at the moment due to health issues I believe. I second the recommendation for Filmdev though, they might not be up to the standard of Canadian Film Lab, but they are perfectly ok for everyday use. For speed and price, I don't think anyone else comes close tbh!

It must be very hard when a small operation is afflicted by health issues and has to temporarily close. Apart from the closure itself, it's really difficult to regain momentum when they come back (and I really hope they do).

It must be very hard when a small operation is afflicted by health issues and has to temporarily close. Apart from the closure itself, it's really difficult to regain momentum when they come back (and I really hope they do).

They are definitely opening again soon, and it sounds like a lot of people have been stashing exposed film ready to send to them when they do.

They are definitely opening again soon, and it sounds like a lot of people have been stashing exposed film ready to send to them when they do.

They are reopening very soon which is good for me as I’m just back from Portugal. I used Carmencita in the interim who are very good although a little more expensive.

thanks all.
will check filmdev out. need to push all rolls so I hope they can do it as well .
Lukas

thanks all.
will check filmdev out. need to push all rolls so I hope they can do it as well .
Lukas
Why not ring them and discuss. However IIRC Filmdev are closed this week.

good news :) Filmdev pushes up to 3 stops for free :)
need to get them rolls ready :)

Back