Where to find the right camera strap?

Name
Romney
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a new Canon 5D SR. But I don't like the ostentatious Canon strap that came with it. I'd rather attach a low-key logo-free strap to my camera such as the one I've seen in use with Leicas. However it needs to have the right ends to fit onto the Canon body, and none of the ones I've seen advertised online fit the bill.

Does such a thing exist? I'd be grateful for any advice on this.

Thanks

Black Rapid R strap for me.

For round-the-neck, an Op-Tech neoprene would be IS my choice (for DSLRs). Tried an R-Strap and didn't like it but know several people who prefer them to neck straps.

There are lots of straps around without logos on, and a search on Amazon brings up lots that will attach - assuming it has the same metal points that my 5Diii has.

I use a Black Rapid sling type for if I have a long lens attached - this attaches to the tripod thread. I also use another one which has clips that make it detachable, but leaves straps anchored to the body of the camera. I can't remember if this one is by Optech, or possibly Matin? I also wear this across my body to protect my neck, but some of them are not long enough for this.

For round-the-neck, an Op-Tech neoprene would be IS my choice (for DSLRs). Tried an R-Strap and didn't like it but know several people who prefer them to neck straps.
Optech is you want a standard non branded strap at a good price, if you have a big budget have a look at Peak Design Slide.

Whereas I don't like the Peak Design straps, the dongles for the connection are just too clumsy, which shows the funny thing about straps - they are highly personal and lots of people go through loads trying to find one that suits.

Whereas I don't like the Peak Design straps, the dongles for the connection are just too clumsy, which shows the funny thing about straps - they are highly personal and lots of people go through loads trying to find one that suits.
But they are for quick release and smaller than the op-tech qr , they also give you two points of contact as opposed to the likes of BR types.
I prefer the peak summit having used a few others.
As you said Ned, what suits one, may not another.

Last edited:
I have three cameras all come with bright red and gold straps.. first thing I do is replace these with old black silver original canon ones off ebay ...just bog standard straps "eos canon" but as you say.. less ostentatious

Back