Where's she gone..

Gav.

Challenge Owner
Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally back out with the Hares again, I tracked a group down and made myself at home in the frozen crop, the fog was thick but the Sun started to burn it off fairly quickly.

I missed the boxing as it wasn't clear enough to shoot, but a few were left behind once the chase started, this is one that came close while on the search.

Hare in freezing fog looking for the female. by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nice wildlife style capture Gav, liking this pic' very much.

Nice shot. I think I have some near me, have seen some in a field next to my house. I'll have to pitch up there and see if I can spot them. Are they mostly active in the morning?

Nice shot. I think I have some near me, have seen some in a field next to my house. I'll have to pitch up there and see if I can spot them. Are they mostly active in the morning?
Thank you, Hares are fairly nocturnal, so early mornings and evenings are the best times, during Feb-Apr (Mad Hare season) they can be seen all day if they have no disturbance, as they are busy trying to find females or fighting/boxing for the right to mate. I only shoot early morning as walkers and dogs off the lead spoil the activity.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, we don’t see them very often in my area, superb shot

Back