Which 3 male subjects would you like to take a portrait of

Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
Was just watching the football last night and thought I'd live to take Andre Pirlo's portrait. Interesting face and a wonderful footballer.

Made me think about which other male subject I'd like to take pictures of.

In addition, I think Idris Elba and Jesse Williams (actor in Grey's anatomy)

What about you guys?

Andrew Marr, Valentino Rossi and Harrison Ford

Last edited:
Rembrandt, Byron and Oliver Cromwell

(I'm pretty much a resolute "non-people-shooter" but with my fondness for the old-master style of paintings and artwork (which carries over into most of my still life work, a portrait of arguably the quintessential Old Master dearly appeals - especially as he was very fond of painting self-portraits...

Byron - well - why not, a real character, and as a Good Looking chap, he'd make an interesting counterpoint to the other 2 fellas...

Oliver Cromwell - I'd really LOVE to be able to present him with an ABSOLUTELY "warts and all" image...)

Last edited:
Donald Sutherland, John Malkovich, Jean Reno..

Or if necromancy is allowed, Richard Harris would probably work his way onto that list..

For me Jeremy Clarkson, Liam Neeson and if he was still with us, Robin Williams.

Lord Lucan, Kurt Cobain and Elvis.
reports have stated that Cobain didnt actually commit suicide and that the body wasnt him.. Lord Lucan vanished 1974 , never been found ( dead or alive ) and of course elvis's Death has always been considered suspicious.

Sir Ranulph Fiennes, Gary Moore and Clint Eastwood, there would of course be many others, if the question were relating to women, the list would obviously be endless, lol.
Great question though !

Last edited:
Only Three?
Russell Brand, falling down a lift shaft.
Piers Morgan, being struck by lightening.
Alex Salmond, being savaged by enraged sheep.

Only Three?
Russell Brand, falling down a lift shaft.
Piers Morgan, being struck by lightening.
Alex Salmond, being savaged by enraged sheep.

If Carlsberg answered forum questions it would very probably be the best answer in the world, until such time you my friend will have to take their place!
Superb.

Tony Blair in jail.
Ed Milliband with Zippy and George,
Michael Foot fashion shoot.

I, also, feel restricted only being able to mention only three. Have another couple of hundred typed up ready to copy and paste just in case you open it up! :D

More seriously:-
Guitarists
Peter Green
Carlos Santana
Eric Clapton

Actors
Jack Nicholson
Al Pacino
Bill Nighy

If I had to pick one, Jack Nicholson by a very, very long way.

Last edited:
Keith Richards, Paul Weller, Sir Ian McKellan

Those faces tell some stories.

Really interesting choices, Phil. Especially Weller, I wouldn't have thought of him, but he'd be a great subject.

Would this be a NSFW shot?

The filthy beast... and Pookeyhead will be off on one again.

I don't think Ed's Mum would let him do that until he is old enough. At least past his teens.

well i guess it would be easier if i chose people who were alive so in that respect the 3 living people would be
1. David Bailey
2. Don McCullin ( saw hes exhibtion at imperal war museum.. outstanding )
3. Billy Connolly ( huge fan , he makes me laugh and has some amazing tales to tell )

Steve Van Zandt, Johnny Depp and Larry David

Last edited:
Brian Eno
David Hockney
Richard Thompson

1. Don McCullin
2.Damon Hill
3.jason Statham

From the Past

1.john Lennon
2 Sir Winston Churchill
3.Elvis