Which "beauties" do you have?

I've just found a Zenit 11. Anyone know a place where I may find an online manual?

Cheers BinYin. I'll check it out. Even if I can't use it it might make an interesting study and subject.

Well I added another machine to my list of cameras but still have a fair way to catch up with some of you :LOL:

A Yashica 124G and it still has the Mercury 1.35v battery in it and it works great :D

That looks in excellent condition Nick, is it the one from the classified here?

I've just found a Zenit 11. Anyone know a place where I may find an online manual?

Ive got the original one, I can second what the big yin says! I can send you a scan of a helpful page that says what each bit is if you like

That looks in excellent condition Nick, is it the one from the classified here?

Nope I did not know there was one in the Classifieds.

~wonders off to look~

60s Miranda (F i believe)
Has interchangeable prism, this one has the light meter built into the head, can be changed to a waist level finder,
which sadly i dont have.

4469662702_d15b72d91b_o.jpg

Hmmm, now that I've done an inventory of my film cameras, I've more than I thought in my cupboard:

Nikon FM (plus Sigma 24mm F2.8 and Nikon 50mm F2.8)
Nikon F100 (shares the AF lenses with my D700 DSLR)
Mamiya 645J
Yashica T4

Plus I just inherited from my wife's late aunt:

Canon Canonet Junior (really nice camera but the shutter doesn't release / is jammed, need to get it looked at)
Kodak folding camera - not sure what sort
Kodak rangefinder - not sure what sort

Aren't they just. I have a Sensorex II here - wonderful. Removable prism which in this case *reveals* the waist level view.

IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2245.jpg

Sadly the meter is toast but mechanically it's very nice, feels right to - wonderful shutter noise!

Just been sorting out the shutter on an old Argus - I think I finally figured out how it works! That'll be two I got now :D

You do seem to have a very interesting collection of cameras Ambermile.
I have boxes of them that i need to sort out, nothing fabulous, loads of folders and box cameras all collected about 20 years aga and stored away, will probably stick the lesser ones in the charity shop.

I will make an effort to photograph the more unusual ones sometime and stick em ,on here seems a shame just to hide them away.

Also have 50 odd clockwork cines, some rangefinder attachments and lots of old photographic odds and sods.

Haven't seen a Sensorex for donkey's years. IIRC Dixon's got the Miranda fire-sale stock when the business went pear shaped. Everyone wanted Nikon and Canon at the time and they sat on shelves for ages.

... but not painted like them.

Ooo loads. Nikon S or S2... Nikon 35Ti, (28Ti at a push - but it would be slumming it :D ), Konica Hexar, Alpa, Reid, plenty more!

Ah yes, the rangefinders. I mentioned someone had a drawerful on here the other day. Haven't seen the chap for many a year, mind. Always fancied a Pen F half frame but never got round to buying one. One of these days...

Amberville I saw one mint Nikon 35Ti going today for 250$. A great and rare price for this camera :confused:

I have another R8 comming and another Distagon 35/1.4, if not I'd bought it...

I hope I could find a "cheap" Leica M6 soon too.

$250!! Best I have seen would be nearer $450... Maybe I need to start saving :D

I've got a very boring collection compared to most:

Nikon F3 & MD-4
Nikon F5
Leica M6 & 35mm f/2 Summicron

Hasselblad 500C + 50, 80 & 135mm lenses
Pentax 6x7 + 50, 80 & 135mm lenses

Rob - always good to see someone that actually knows what they are doing photographically-speaking that has a nice collection of film cameras! Do any of these go on tour with you? If so, how do they stack up to the stress?

Arthur

They're fine - I had two F3's and then later on, two F5's that I used in the same way I use D3's now: as work-horses, along with a couple of M6's and an FM2 body as back-up. I sold some and kept the mintiest-ones for myself.
Since going digital in 2001, I used to take the Leica 'away' with me, but since the D2x was issued to 'us' in 2005 I haven't bothered with that either.
It grieves me that these are effectively reduced to shelf-ornaments now, especially the Leica...

I've occasionally thought of selling them, but the near-mint F5 is only worth about £200 at most, so I'll just hang on to them til I retire. Maybe I'll get back into film-use when I don't actually have to work at this any more...

Oh, and I forgot about my F2-AS which is at my Dad's - though having just been superceded by my old D1x body...lol

Rob you have to show us your M6 + 35/2 :D

OOOO a Pentax 67..... I don't know why but I really want to have a go with one of them.

Rob you have to show us your M6 + 35/2 :D

Sorry but the Pentax and the 'Blad kits are in the attic (in Peli-Cases), also at my Dad's...cheaper than the Yellow-Box Storage co.

Notice how the red paint has rubbed off the Leica logo, whereas the black aluminium body is still pristine...that's not black paint, it's black metal...

Oh and those 35mm lens-hoods are now about £50 or something stupid...:wacky:

4505447862_081e15df9b.jpg

I've got a very boring collection compared to most:

Nikon F3 & MD-4
Nikon F5
Leica M6 & 35mm f/2 Summicron

Hasselblad 500C + 50, 80 & 135mm lenses
Pentax 6x7 + 50, 80 & 135mm lenses

boring..??

Classics....the lot of em

I'm gonna go, 67 - Leica - F5 - Blad - F3

Rob one day you don't want it you can let me know :p

I'm looking for one :)

only 2 & they're
1 Rollei 35 LED
2 Asahi Pentax KM
3 Pentax 50mm f.1
4 Pentax 135mm f.4

more for display now though

Lol, you can send me PM whith the prices in your mind and who knows... :)

I'm not really interested in selling it, TBH - if we ever have a household crisis it might get put up for sale, but I'm going to keep it in the hope that it'll get put back into service a few years from now.
Plus, with prices for the body stable at around £900 and £1800 and up for a 'mint++' lens (which mine is, having been bought new to replace an earlier one which was destroyed), I'd be entertaining offers around the £3k mark for lens & body combined.

My current desk... sort of a work in progress :D

desk.jpg

Cheeky git - that's proper leather that - I know cos I had to stitch the boody thing back together this morning for the Radix! Smell's more of the laquer I used to seal the stitches actually.

Arthur

PS - mind you, the 10D's got some seriously cheap rubber leather-look stuff on it!

Rob it would be a price that I couldn't pay hehe.

I bought the 5DMKII to use with my Zeiss lenses and I'm poor. :D

But soon I'd like to get one M6 + 35/2 or 50/2

Back