Which digital do you own (if any)?

My iphone has a good camera, and is with me all the time, so gets used for most digital shots. I have a Canon 550D, which I used to use for lettings photography, but recently it's been a bit unloved!

Hmm got a few its what got me in to photography

My main on is my Nikon D750 and I have a D300 as a back up (I only brought the D300 when my D750 had to go in for repair and I wasn't sure how long it would be! I also have a Fuji Xpro 1 still not convinced with this but I am persevering with it!

D3300 which is incredibly capable for the price IMO (in the context that you can't put film in it, obviously)...with low light capability not far off the D600 I sometimes use at work.

I've had far too many film cameras to name over the years (including I think every decent Nikon body made) and have now whittled them down to a Nikkormat (because it was my father's and I could never sell it), an F80 (cheap, cheerful and very capable), a Rolleicord Va (wonderful results, compact, joyful to use) and a Fuji GW690 (probably the neatest way to get top quality 6x9 negs).

My iphone has a good camera, and is with me all the time, so gets used for most digital shots. I have a Canon 550D, which I used to use for lettings photography, but recently it's been a bit unloved!

Don't worry about that - digital cameras don't respond to love in the same way that film ones do. And of course, love is all you need. :love:

…was on single digits "F"
now on single digits "D".

I won £ 250 in Jessops Vouchers in 2007 so took the plunge and got a Pentax K10D with 'Kit' lens and I can use all my 'old' Pentax lenses both screw and bayonet. Then I won an Olympus mju 760 in a competition with over 34,000 entries and the final 45 had their photo enlarged by Ilford Ltd and framed and we had to go to a gallery off Villiers Street kin London near Charing Cross Station and get presented with it by teh Judga, David Bailey but I gave it to my Daughter and now she never uses it ( like my Son) -- they use their 'gadgets' to take photos and put them onto Facebook and Snapchat and such so I have 'taken over ' all my Boy's 'Gift' FILM Cameras and Daughter's mju 760.

K10D by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Olympus MJU 760 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Canon 7D, 450D, Powershot G11, Fuji XM-1,Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ6 and a bunch of "action-camera" things for on the bike, plus a camera in the phone and iPad... None of which get much use, same as the Canon EOS3,5,30,A-1,Bronica ETRS,Holgas,Voigtlander Perkeo, Fed3, Kodak autographic, Yashica 108 or any of the other film cameras don't.

just haven't really had any motivation to take pictures for best part of a year now... It'll come back, it always does - just need to remember to keep "dry firing" the cameras occasionally, save them from seizing up...

Back