Which manufacturer of camera do you use?

Which manufactuer of camera do you use?

• Canon

Votes: 85 63.4%
  • Nikon

Votes: 36 26.9%
  • Olympus

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Fuji

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • Sony

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Casio

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Epson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hasselblad

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Kodak

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Konica

• Leica

• Minolta

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Panasonic

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Polaroid

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Praktica

• Ricoh

• Samsung

• Sigma

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Vivitar

• Pentax

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
At the request of ppp who has just PM'd me and asked me to start this poll...

Please vote...that would be super jolly spiffing, ta (y)

Where's the Poll & where's Dancers ?

;)

//edit// found the Poll , but no dancers :crying:

Canon, of course.

:canon:

(y)

The poll's there :p
Took me a while from posting the thread to type all the options in.

It's multiple choice too, so if you have more than one, vote more than once ;)

Voted, Im not saying who for though ;)

(y)

Has anyone got a Hassleblad? :eek: The £20,000++ one?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

My Dad one a Hasselblad in a competition once, think it was a studio one so he sold it cos he wouldn't use it, I got a nice keyring from it though!

:nikon:

Looks like Canon is winning almost 3-1 to Nikon. ;)

canon as well

2 x DSLR's, 1 x SLR, 2 x 35mm compacts......!

Oh, and a Samsung digi-compact too!

:geek:

I want three votes too, then!
1 * Nikon Compact
1 * Nikon DSLR
1 * Nikon SLR

Gimme! >: D

Voted ;)

I use both N and C !

3 Canons here, 2 D-SLR's and 1 Point & Shoot :)

I use Canon as I always did and my kit is all Canon now. However, if I could then I would switch to Nikon but the investment is too large. A couple of pros I work with use Nikon and it a crying shame when they whip out the 600mm primes and I cannot say 'ere, can I borrow that?'.

That said, they love my 100 - 400 push and pull baby :)

I've put my tick for canon. :)

I doubt there'll be that many people ticking the blad option but there are other meduim format makers too. ;)

and if there was a Cambo option I could tick that too. :)

You forgot Voigtlander!

Only can vote for the one Nikon? I got D100, D70, F3, F100, F75, F801, F601 and F Photomic Ftn... :shrug:

What happened to Bronica and Mamiya? :thinking:

I must admit, much as though I love the ergonomics of the Nikons, I would dearly love the resolving power and full frame sensor of a 1dsmk2, but only for my landscape work. 6mp on the d70 just doesn't cut it for really large prints.

To the point where I'm considering bagging a cheap med-format film job for my landscape stuff.

It's quite weird how many people use canon over Nikon here, especially as there really isn't that much to choose between them image quality or features wise.

Somebody explain please?

Gandhi said:
It's quite weird how many people use canon over Nikon here, especially as there really isn't that much to choose between them image quality or features wise.

Somebody explain please?

I think its just marketing more than anything ! Canon do a much better job marketing to Joe Public than Nikon do, Nikon seem to think their name and reputation is enough ! This may be the case with Pro's, although my recent trip to Tennis in Birmingham there were about 30 pro togs pointing various cameras etc at Maria Sharapova, 27 of them were Canon !

definately marketing, in other parts of the world im sure its the other way round!

Pretty much what I thought. Nikon do rather rest on their laurels when it comes to advertising. I don't think they push the entry level stuff much either, canon market and produce some rather lovely p&s cameras and I guess it's then a natural upgrade path.......

canon dslr
casio compact

To the point where I'm considering bagging a cheap med-format film job for my landscape stuff.

There really isn't much reason not to. £500 will most likely get you a complete kit that would blow your Nikon or my Canon out of the water.

Sooooo much more fun to shoot with too. :)

IanC_UK said:
This may be the case with Pro's, although my recent trip to Tennis in Birmingham there were about 30 pro togs pointing various cameras etc at Maria Sharapova, 27 of them were Canon !

Maria Sharapova! :love: :love: :love:

doh...

Back